[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@CW/Spuuck

At 17 colors.  I couldn't decide how to remove 1 more color for the palette:

2i7y6iv.png

Edit:

At 16 colors like this perhaps?

6h57w9.png

Only thing I can think of is spacing the left ear (her right) to the left a bit more/closer to the top of her bangs like the one on the right. The image shows it as kind of "tucked" behind it and it looks like it is on the side/back of her head in the sprite.

Something like this:

bi56wm.jpg

Not much of a sprite artist myself, hopefully someone more skilled can capitalize on what I mean.

Edit: 33degd2.jpg

Made the ear a bit bigger.

Edited by GetRekdm8

The white to me was a little blinding, which was why i went with a sort of sandy rosey hair but it was supposed to be much lighter. Ill play with it when i get home.

@kickern
Are you sure the extra colors are being used? When i started working on it i noticed there was about 12 different unnoticable shades of white.

Edit: my color replacing must have gotten out of hand lol
16 colors, made the hair lighter. But im still at work so i might make it even lighter.
152dnut.png

Edit2:
r9ivrc.png

Edited by CrookedWings427

@kickern
Are you sure the extra colors are being used? When i started working on it i noticed there was about 12 different unnoticable shades of white.

Of course I'm sure, you're talking to the master of color palettes (or something).  I also noticed all the extra shades of white when I checked out Spuuck's original sprite.

The sprites I posted were based off of the one that you posted at the bottom of the last page.  While your sprite's hair and skin shared a couple of colors in the palette, I had to add to the palette to separate the skin colors from the hair colors to make the hair white and then make adjustments to narrow it back down to 17 and then 16 colors.  Also, that first sprite of yours did have 18 colors, coming from 3 miscolored pixels.  Just sayin'.

Also, that first sprite of yours did have 18 colors, coming from 3 miscolored pixels. Just sayin'.

Yeah i saw those lol.
Its because of the way i use the color replacement.

Perhaps i can make the skin darker to make the hair seem more white without breaking up the flow of the colors.

Edit:
I think this may be the best i can do without getting rid of colors.
jl5nyx.png

I know the hue is still different. I feel we've taken more extreme creative freedoms before though. I prefer the hair color of my first or second edits, i think theyre pretty. But if you guys think it needs to be a different hue maybe try getting rid of the blush so you dont have to change the eyes.

I think i like this better....
dqm8fs.png Edited by CrookedWings427

Very nice. Do you think you could maybe define that braid a bit more on Ampharos's forward sprite? From the back we're getting that very nice braided look on the hair, but on the front sprite there is just a blobby sort of thing. Braids look almost identical from the bottom as they do from the top, the only difference is that the braid becomes mirrored left-to-right from where it would be if viewed from the other side (and since we can't even see the start of the braid the mirroring doesn't even matter in this instance).

Edited by OtherPlayers

I done everything to Suicune I could manage. I still think her body is a bit stiff and robotic.

vpf1jG2.png

mACo0a7.png

@Septentrion
Like this?

Breeloomdress128.pngBrelooobak128.png

Some of those arms look like they aren't bending right. Hat needs further refinement. The edge of her head isn't right with her face in the front sprite, and she has no chin in the backspite. Her hair is much longer after the green things in the backsprite. The gold neck thing does not extend behind her like in the front sprite.

@SpecialAUTForces

When I tried to implement it last patch, I realized there were some glitchy pixels on the "final" product, so it was postpone to next patch. In the meanwhile, it is being reviewed. On related subject, Poliwag family is another I would like to review one more time, mainly poliwhirl. Poliwrath and poliwag are acceptable.