[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Septentrion

I agree that the sideways backsprite looks better but that's going to be a lot of work to fix them all.  :blink:

What do you all think of my new Slowbro redesign?   I just wish I could change the name to "Slowlass." :wub:

#080 - Slowbro

14wyc8y.jpg  2d8l1cm.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@Doom

The back sprite doesn't really match the pose of the front, but otherwise I like it.

We could rename Slowking as Slowqueen, too.  Also, I totally misread "Slowlass" as "Slowass".

4q1qir.png

I made some minor changes so that shiny wouldn't look weird.

@Nerak

Both of those poses seem kinda awkward for her to be blowing a kiss.

Edited by Kickern

What are people's thoughts on trying to make Moemon mystery dungeon?!

I honestly think it would be an even bigger task than this right now. Animations, updated art for talking, events, etc. seem like they would take a looong time to make, even though the sprites are much smaller. I honestly haven't heard much of mods for the mystery dungeon series.

Side note: what happened to some of the current sprites that were being worked on like the Alakazam, Clefable, Wigglytuff and Poliwhirl families?

Edited by GetRekdm8

@kicken

Okay, but I'm a bit unsure when to do black.

@DoomsdayFTW

I think we're going to have to collect all the good ones in the same place. .

I suppose the pre-evolutions don't have to be like that since it could give a sense of progress, that the trainer is become more brave and used to the battlefield.

kayPQVX.png

Latios turned out very different than I expected. He looks like Latias's younger brother because he is shorter. I made him more formal in this version.

Is bishonen the right word do describe him? I wanted Latias and Latios to be ideally attractive. I don't have the right type of brain to judge him. He does look polite to me.

31lGIkV.png1gZqGDG.png

I realized that that Latias's rear should likely be visible between her left arm and psuedoskirt. It's not an overtly noticeable thing though.  In the lower left corner is my best attempt to figure out where Latias's lower body should be. I mind two version in case I'm wrong in the interpretation and need to go back. I would likely have to make her lower legs longer if they don't look like they are going back far enough. Latias makes a lot of use of depth.

o7ewQ1v.png

I redesigned laGashetaHardcore's #079 Slowpoke and added a backsprite.  I think the tail looks better coming from inside the skirt versus outside.

#079 Slowpoke

2dmguac.jpg  1zyu7lx.jpg

@Kickern

I was trying to make the backsprite more active so I lifted the right-hand.  But, I could put it down and run the sleeve directly down.  It just looks so boring when I do that.

I love the shinny palette, thanks!  :wub:  

@Septentrion

Latios needs so more darker shading in the face and hair to make it seem more natural.  But, progress is looking good and I like what I see developing. Maybe less purple in the pants and more deep gray.  Also, you could soften the black to a slightly lighter shade so it's not so pronounced. 

@GetRekdm8

The Poliwhirl family is done, isn't it?  I've still got to go back and fix up the Abra family.  I also want to go back and redesign Weezing.

We should start compiling all of the new sprites we've done with shinny palettes and backsprites.  I'll try to put mine all together soon.  ;)

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

I redesigned laGashetaHardcore's #079 Slowpoke and added a backsprite.  I think the tail looks better coming from inside the skirt versus outside.

#079 Slowpoke

2dmguac.jpg  1zyu7lx.jpg

That seems like it would be a good joke if done correctly. Right now, it's waaaaay too suggestive. The legs should definitely be together in the backspite.

The tail could be moved up to a hole in the skirt.

Edited by Septentrion

@CW

That's good.  Can probably start working on a back sprite.

@Nerak

Yeah, I know.  I think the lower right one has the best pose.

I tried adding to the palette a bit (mostly just to fill it out), and made the shiny version:

v5biv4.png

You can play with it some more if you want.

Edited by Kickern

@Doom

Sure.  I messed with it a little bit and did shiny palette:

zkolcp.png

Edit: I forgot the tail was supposed to go through a hole in the skirt when I changed it.

Revisiting the Legendary Bird trio, I fixed palettes and slapped wings onto Articuno.  We still need back sprites for Articuno and Zapdos.

2im2lo0.png

1565kc9.png

2v9f977.png

Edited by Kickern

@Kickern

I'm dying of cuteness!!! The Legendary Bird trio looks amazing!  :wub:

Thanks for the shiny palette on slowpoke.  I almost feel like the no-hole look for the tail is better.  What do you think?

I've decided to redesign the Lotad family, inspired by this lovely drawing:

2m792s8.jpg

#270 Lotad (Version 2.0)

24e2ia0.jpg

#271 Lombre (Version 2.0)

2m34a5k.jpg

#272 Ludicolo (Version 2.0)

oii0iv.jpg

@Doom

As much as I like your Lotad, that sprite base is already being used in the patch for Feebas.  Also, I think she's a bit too tall; she'd be taller than Lombre if she were standing up.

Lombre looks pretty good.

Ludicolo is good.  I already have that one in my own set separate from the patch.

@Kickern

I'll revisit the Latop family at another time when I have some new inspiration.

@XSpuuckX

Nice Shiftry!  Maybe the skin could be a little darker. 

I've revisited the Treecko Family and completed a full set.

Plus, a new version of Treecko!

#252 - Treecko (New Version)

nnt8x1.jpg

sb1myx.jpg

#253 - Grovyle (With Updates)

2eahqut.jpg

21onamb.jpg

#254 - Sceptile (With Updates)

b3k0sn.jpg

34rd5b7.jpg