[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Kickern

I love the full sets! Thank you! ^_^

@LGHardcore

Magiklaus is so cute! And ninja Torchic is so cool! :ph34r:   

@doom

Very cute :) if i knew anything about swapping the sprites in my rom i would definitely use them. I dont actually have internet though so no pokemmo.
Happy holidays :)

@CW

Swapping sprites is super easy!  All you need is the "Pokemon Advanced Sprite Position Editor" and the "Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor" programs.  They are super easy to use and you can swap them out.  Just load up the programs, load up your Fire Red rom, and then import any 256Wx64H png/bmp moemon collection of front, back, and shiny sprites into your rom.  Write to the rom, check the position with the "Pokemon Advanced Sprite Position Editor" to make sure it's not out of place, save, and then you're ready to play!

e7nmtk.jpg

You can find the programs and a guide here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143

Let me know if the link doesn't work anymore. :P

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

Looking back at one of CW's posts that had lots of design ideas, I wanted to try to make this Quilava:

[spoiler]6403e365951502d1eef9be5e633b50e8.jpg[/spoiler]

2q8qduf.png

Just a super quick thing I did (it's very bad, I know), does anyone want to do some art magic with it?

Edited by Kickern

Hello, so I tried making a Quilava sprite and here it is: kDCpsNb.png
Not that great at spriting but I thought I'd share. Any feedback is appreciated. Oh and I know blush is missing under one eye but I didn't feel like uploading again since I just noticed. ^^;  Hope no one minds that I used an (unused?) base of another moemon.

Just finished my leading lady: "#257 - Blaziken"

Still needs some refinement.  But the rough sketch is coming along nicely!

I really went wild with this one.  I just felt like the current Blaziken was too hippie and not enough fight.

This version still needs some work on the hair, but I've done all I can do for today.

mi2ez5.jpg

@Doom

Unless I'm just looking at it in the wrong way, Blaziken looks like she's nothing but arms and legs.  Where's her body?  I think both the design and the pose are really good, but work on her proportions a bit more, maybe?

@Moetal

9fp9pc.png

Even worse drawing than before, but it's not really meant to be an actual sprite base as much as it's an idea for one.

Edited by Kickern

Just finished my leading lady: "#257 - Blaziken"
Still needs some refinement.  But the rough sketch is coming along nicely!
I really went wild with this one.  I just felt like the current Blaziken was too hippie and not enough fight.
This version still needs some work on the hair, but I've done all I can do for today.

mi2ez5.jpg

You could try going with a pose like this one, to show both the torso and legs

[spoiler]kamenrider_15.jpg[/spoiler]

Or Blaziken's regular fighting pose, but there might be problems with height
[spoiler]c5CrtGql.jpg[/spoiler]

@doom
Thanks for the info :)
Unfortunately my issue is more that i only have a phone ^-^"
Since i have a spriting app on my phone and no internet in my house i dont really see much of a use for my laptop right now so its packed away.
But on the up side my phone does almost everything my old dell can do but better and i have a great data plan ;D

@kickern
I can definitely work on that quilava with you :) venusaur and heracross backsprite >.> is my only project going on right now so itd be nice to have something to work on while i wait for feedback.

I really do sprite like all the time now x.x even on my work breaks. Its nice having it on my phone xD however my fiances getting sick of pokemon in general because of me xD

Edited by CrookedWings427

@Nerak

Yeah, definitely.

@CW

If you're planning on working on Quilava, Nerak's got you a decent starting point.

@Doom

I think Drake's first reference picture should give you a better idea of how Blaziken's proportions should work, because I still like that pose.

Edit:

mrqm9f.png

I set the palette and played with it for a bit.

Edited by Kickern

@CW

What's the name of your spriting app?

Just finished edits on the Torchic Evo-Line.  I edited CW's Torchic by making the feather headpiece smaller.  On Combusken: I added some shading to the shirt, flames to the skirt, new eyes, new mouth, and new hair design.  Plus I added a new feather headpiece.  For Blaziken: did various edits to make the position seem more natural.  Hopefully, she should look like she is leaning towards the player.  Might come back later and try a few more touch-ups.

Version 3.0 of the Torchic Evo-Line :ph34r:

#255 Torchic            #256 Combusken    #257 Blaziken

1z6qohd.jpg

#257 Blaziken full sprite sheet with edited back sprite and shiny palette. 

2en3vk3.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

I think the left arm of the Blaziken sprite might be a hair too long under the current design, maybe shorten it by a pixel or two, or alternatively try to define the elbow's location a bit more clearly to make it not look like a long pink stick.

Also cumbusken's arms look like gumby arms from the black lagoon. Some more elbow/angle definition and a bit of a thickening of the wrist on her right hand are in order I think.

Otherwise definitely starting to shape up a bit. Liking the looks of it. :)

By the way what 'mons really need to be worked on right now?

If you can make a ditto that is not a horrible blob that stares into your soul I will love you forever. I know one was being tossed around earlier in the thread, but I don't think it ever got to production level quality.

Some other ones that could really use some work last I checked were Natu, luvdisc, the swinub line, the kabuto line, the cleffa/clefairy line, the togepi line, pluse/minun, meditite, whismur, the aron line, castform if you feel up to it, or if you're really feeling ready for some work, all of the different unowns.

If you can make a ditto that is not a horrible blob that stares into your soul I will love you forever. I know one was being tossed around earlier in the thread, but I don't think it ever got to production level quality.

I thought that ditto was pretty good. There are a lot of sprites I can think of that which haven't made it into the hack yet.

I whipped up this Latios on a whim I made more progress than I thought I would. I also made changes to Latias.

F8l3oN0.png*y1Gl2G7.png

oXbrC8y.png

Edited by Septentrion

Wanted to redesign the Hoenn starters so that they roughly match the same style and age as each other.

#252 Treecko           #258 Mudkip           #255 Torchic

21nmq06.jpg

#258 Mudkip

n6p0r7.jpgdczoly.jpg

Designed a new Marshtomp with a maid outfit. :wub:

#259 Marshtomp

2rc1hxs.jpg2qdbi1i.jpg

Okay... So originally I was going to give Swampert a diving wet-suit and it sort of evolved into this... I know, I went a little crazy with the new design but I sort of like the result.  Kind of like an aquatic superhero with skirt blowing in the wind!  ha ha B)

#260 Swampert

x5b592.jpg24n34o5.jpg

By the way, feel free to edit any of my sprites and fix them up however you see fit.  After all, we're all working on this project together! ^_^

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

rrjq7r.png

@Nerak

The top half of your Luvdisc isn't bad, but the bottom half of her seems kinda... stiff.

Exploud's and Porygon's designs are not moe.

@Septentrion

Those Latias/Latios sprites look very low quality without outlines around the arms, legs, and head.

Also, interesting "guide".

@Doom/CW

If we go with Doom's Mudkip and Marshtomp, then her Swampert should also be used since it follows the design for the whole evolution line.  We can keep CW's Swampert sprite to use as a base for something else instead if that's the case.

Edited by Kickern