[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@ Septentrion

How is this?  Better? I took the sad face from the moe-weezing in the patch, as well as, the backsprite.  I left the original moe-weezing backsprite unedited as it already matched my new frontsprite better than it matched the old frontsprite. I added a little koffing hair decoration on the frontsprite and I added a little smoke-bomb to her right hand just for fun! :P

4ioj0z.jpg

mcdc20.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@CW

I think either the current Milotic or the one that Hardcore posted a couple pages back are good enough.

I like our current Espeon, but a new Umbreon would be nice.  Not sure which design I like the most out of the ones you posted, though.

Also, yes, all of the Gen II and Gen III starters do need to be redone, yet.  I like most of those Mudkip family ones you posted.

But let's not forget about finishing Ivysaur and Heracross.

Of course, you can work on whatever you want.

Edited by Kickern

@kickern
Im mostly working on ivysaur. Its easier on my sanity and patience eyes to switch between two since im using my phone.

I actually really like how this is coming out :3 but maybe she should have the tail fin, or just more navy.
Swampy_2.png

Edit: just another option
Swampy2.png

Edited by CrookedWings427

@Hardcore

Those are some nice Castforms.  Now, if only there was an easy way to insert Castform sprites into the ROM without them getting messed up...

@CW

I'm assuming that's Mudkip.

I like the blue hair slightly more than the orange, but she is too big for being unevolved anyway.  Also, I love those long sleeves.

Honestly, hang onto that sprite for Marshtomp or Swampert instead and use a different design for Mudkip.  The Mudkip that has the ? speech bubble is my favorite from the set you posted before.

Edited by Kickern

@Hardcore

Those are some nice Castforms.  Now, if only there was an easy way to insert Castform sprites into the ROM without them getting messed up...

I believe the Pokemon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite can do it, but it's sort of like using a giant supercomputer to play tic-tac-toe; it gets the job done, but if you aren't careful you might end up doing a lot more than you intended to. :P

Edit: Yeah, just double checked. The Aforementioned ROM Hacking Suite can indeed repoint each of castform's forms separately.

Edited by OtherPlayers

@CW

Oh.  :lol:

She needs the big dark-colored fins that are on top of Swampert's head and tail as part of her design to look more like it.

I was kinda thinking about maybe her hair should be a lighter blue, and then the hoodie would be the darker color with the two fins on it.  Maybe put something else somewhere to incorporate the tail fin, too.  Actually, since Swampert's belly is mostly white, the shirt under the hoodie should also be white.  IDK.

Edit:

I think the tail fin looks good.

Another little detail you might want to change is the orange gills on Swampert has only 2 points instead of 3.  (Well, technically it has 3, but the one in the middle is a lot smaller than the outer 2.)

Edited by Kickern

@kickern
Yeah im gonna try a bunch of variations xD
Heres tailfin swampy!
Swampy3.png

White shirt swampy!
Swampy4.png

Inverted swampy
Swampy6.png

Inverted swampy w/ white shirt
Swampy5.png

Edit: yeah i know. The gills are becoming the bane to my spriting x.x
Swampygills.png
I might just go steal them from an actual swampert sprite x.x

Edited by CrookedWings427

@CW

I'm just throwing more ideas your way.

I like the white shirt.  The dark hoodie looks like it was a bad idea, it's too much dark blue with the tail fin.  Also, the zipper shouldn't go all the way down through her skirt.  Maybe lose the hood or have it down, the gills would be her "ears", and maybe hair clips shaped like the head fins?  Something about the dark hair doesn't feel right to me, maybe go back to orange or try a different color altogether?

Edit:

Oh, like Other said below, with the hood down and orange hair, the hair could be a little bit untamed on the sides to look like the gills instead.

Edited by Kickern

The big problem I saw with the orange hair originally was that the orange shirt, the orange gills, and the orange hair all just blurred together into one big orange blob. If the shirt is a different color (like white) and you have the hoodie headdress down then the orange doesn't become a problem.

Honestly I'd say go with white shirt, light blue hoody, orange hair, hood down (which means it doesn't need the orange fins since the hair covers them then) and yeah, some sort of hair clip or something similar for the dark blue head fins.