[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I like the long hair as well, but I don't like the hair on the front sprite as much. It feels kinda like her hair curves too much too quickly, making it "disappear" when we should still be seeing a little more of it from under her arm. And the hair spike is kinda weird on the back sprite, not sure what's going on there. Also personally I like the determined look of #2 more than the flat eyebrows of #3.

So as a concept I like #3 the best, but in their particular execution I'm more in favor of #2.

I'm with Rache on this one.  I usually like long-haired styles, but short-haired Wartortle just looks better imo.  I don't mind her having a little bit more serious look on her face, though.  Also, I like the shape of her face on the back sprite of your edit better than the original.

@Kevin

Because Magi left me, so I feel alone, sad, and a bit more crazy than usual.

Day 491: They still think I can sprite and run this project as an one man army.

EDIT 2:

10cu83n.png

WIP

Is it just me, or Wartortle had a hugeeeeeeeeeee head?

erztaa.png

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

I don't think Wartortle's head is too big.  I mean, a lot of the other moemon sprites have kinda large heads.  Sorta like chibi proportions, I guess?

Although, it would be interesting to see how she would look with a smaller head to make a comparison.

I'll wait until more work is done with Blastoise before commenting about it.

@Magi

[spoiler]znu838.jpg[/spoiler]

Don't be like that. Although our definition of it is slightly different, you and I both aim to create moemon. I'm sorry if I made it un-fun for you, but you know I only edit when I really need to.

Ivysaur - we've been tackling this since day 1. The front face never looked "correct" to me, and the sitting pose doesn't really fit alongside Wartortle and Charmeleon. Design wise it looked more like Bellosem and could be pushed more towards a design that act as a bridge between Bulba and Princess Venusaur

Venusaur - I was promised Princess Venusaur; never happened so I took the attempt myself

Wartortle's edit is minor; just changing her expression mainly to fit in the family line (especially considering Blastoise's expression)

Blastoise is an edit to begin with, and her design was never up to par compare to Princess Charizard

NidoranF was pretty much untouched besides color tone

Nidorina had a really plain design. Don't say you weren't lazy on her because I know you took your old sprite and just called it done

Nidoqueen had a huge face, design wise wasn't very "queen"

NidoranM-Nidoking was just tone fixing

Oynx is also a minor face edit to make her face look less blocky. Color wise, it's an Oynx. Where do you even see the other colors?

Honestly, among my recent edits, which of the above do you find really unreasonable? If I only settled for "average looking" sprites, then what is the point of the revival project? There's already 386+ completed "average looking" sprites, and if that's all I am using for the project, then I might as well close this project since apparently I'm already done. You and I both know that's not true and that every sprite, every moemon could be pushed a lot further. Again, I sincerely apologize if I made it un-fun for you.

[spoiler]33fdbg1.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Moetal

I'm so happy this is still being updated, it's really awesome ! I came 3 days ago to redownload the patch having a sudden urge to play some moemon, I played it about a year ago, and i saw that their were alot of updates since i last downloaded it. I assumed it was not updated since then but its pretty great to see it still being updated and changed xD. To the guys that are running this project your doing a pretty awesome job. Do you guys have a separate website or like a patreon or something, I'd be happy to donate a little something for thanks for all the fun I have.  

>Moegar

How rude.

Anyways, nothing is going to change. Moemon is still going to be ROM-modded. PokeMMO players just have an easier time self-modding if they choose now, but then again self-modding is kind of easy to begin with. The bigger problem is whether or when Magi is going to stop sulking and come back.

EDIT: Aside from my poor executions, how does the pose/design look?

2gsmruh.png

Edited by Moetal

Pose: Aside from her right arm looking bent outta shape, no complaints from me.

Design: Love the contrast between the skimpy shirt and pants and the large coat.  The coat needs to look more like Blastoise's shell, though.

The cannon behind her head doesn't line up properly with the rest of it, but that falls into the "poor execution" category, doesn't it? :P

so i applied 1.7 patch and i had a little issue with shuppet.

not. i am running 2.6 graphics mod aswell as moemon 1.7, think i installed moemon then the graphics patch to the same fire red rom.

[spoiler]screenshot_1438560174.png

[/spoiler]

did i mess up or anyone else had this issue?

p.s first ever post on this forum, sorry if i fail in some sort of online etiquette

Edited by Samus

Shuppet was working fine for me when I was putting together the emerald moemon patches just a few hours back. Might be a conflict with your graphics patch attempting to use some of the same memory addresses as the moemon sprites.

so will moemon be made to work along side updated graphics at any point? because when i was running moemon1.4+updatedGraphics2.6 they worked fine

So i fixed it for me, all i had to do was install the UpdatedGraphics2.6 1st then the moemon1.7

[spoiler]

screenshot_1438564417.png

[/spoiler]

Edit:

I was wrong     ._.    the overworld is messed up when i patch moemon last.

[spoiler]

screenshot_1438565176.png

[/spoiler]

for best results use the moemon patch 1st i guess but some sprites would be messed up if using the updated graphics patch after

Edited by Samus

@Samus

Your game might still be glitched elsewhere, but at least your Moemon will look moe and not skittle-like. Moemon patch is not intended to be compatible with other patches, although we do have plans of making it compatible or fully synced with other patches. Whenever that is, however, is hard to tell.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enyQnz__ydI

Mega Blastoise and Mega Charizard. How horrifying. 

Edited by Moetal