[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Moetal

Re: Dodrio, agreed on all points except for the height of the eyes.

085%20Dodrio%20Edit%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.p

Re: Cacturne: are you sure what you see as her chest is not actually part of her left sleeve, and the black line representing the cuff of her sleeve?  I view this sprite as leaning forward, body is pretty much not visible.

332%20Cacturne%20Edit%20Back%20v1.1%20x2

Re: Shellder.  highlights are level with respect to their eyes. 

Edit: Bellossom

182%20Bellossom%20Back%20v1%20x2.png

Edited by McMagister

@Magi

Bellossom's flower's bottom and bottom left petal looks strangely positioned. The other three petals look fine.

EDIT: Nidoran F family review.

2yy9g11.png -> fci5bo.png

@Death

Your backsprite has the wrong arm up, and the pose is different. Your backsprite's waist is also too high up and she looks like she has no upper chest.

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

I don't see any problems with the details you changed with the Nidoran F family, but most of the sprites have 17 colors.  As long as nobody has any further edits to them, I already went ahead and fixed the colors and also did the shiny recolors for the set.

ojme5d.png

2zovmea.png

2ag9jxj.png

2x size:

[spoiler]

35jfjlu.png

2mpiwbo.png

scdrhi.png

[/spoiler]

I've also been working on doing the shiny recolors for a lot of the other more recent sprites posted on here like Onix, Doduo, Dodrio, Cacturne, and Mr. Mime.

Edited by Kickern

@Kickern

While I appreciate your work, I feel it would be wasted since I am not a skilled spriter, and most of my edits are very rough edits to visually show Magi what I think could be fixed. My edits are generally not polished and should not be used directly. Doduo, Dodrio, Mr. Mine, Cacturne, NidoranM family and Vileplume are ready to go though, so you can color those if you want. I will need to review Onix again later.

EDIT:

@Magi

Nidoqueen frontsprite's head/face is huge compare to her body, even when taking perspective into account.

EDIT2: Cloyster draft looks good so far.

Both petal looks good in shape, but I think you have too much shading on them. Flowers generally don't cast shadows unless it's closed up/partially opened or have petals overlapping. The basic petals are generally the same color and tone. Lighten both of the remaining petals by shifting up one tone.

Edited by Moetal

I just *love* that Cloyster draft's hair! :)

Not sure whenever you want to take the dress to a barock style or goth lolita direction, but it's up to a good start. Some studs here and there could even give her a Melodic Death Metal fibe! And I'm sure she will receive shoes at some point as well. But, I can't help to feel that a Cheshire Cat smile (akin to Gengar-maido's) would give her a more authentic personality. The original pokemon sprite being what it is, I mean.

@Moetal

I'm not too sure about Vileplume, as the most recent one posted was from you a few pages back and it had 21 colors total.  The back sprite wasn't redone with the new blue eye color either.  However, I decided to go with it and edit it as necessary.  I think it tured out pretty decent.

2nsz9jk.png

Shiny recolors for the Nidoran male family and Mr. Mime might be a bit odd.  I dunno.  If someone else wanted to take a stab at any of them, I wouldn't be offended.

1z2n7fc.png

2jcybfb.png

i4n8qp.png

k4y2cg.png

Doduo, Dodrio, and Cacturne:

2cp3n6b.png

1y1x21.png

2dklqbt.png

I'll hold off on posting Onix until later, I guess.

@Kickern

Vileplume's front is okay-ish since my edit was very minor. The back, however, wasn't even touched so we'll need to look at it later (the head is still huge compare to body; need to enlarge body).

NidoranM family's original color could use a touchup actually. I know that's the color of the original pokemon, but I feel a duller/darker color would be more fitting and stick out less like a sore thumb. Same logic applies to shiny, duller/darker blue might be better.

The color of Mr. Mine's shiny could be a deeper green also. It's too light at the moment so it "glows" too much.

Doduo family's shiny color looks really washed and dull.

Can we change the eye color of shiny Cacturne? It's blended into the hair at the moment.

@Death

Try completing Magnemite now.

@Magi

[spoiler]b46o74.gif[/spoiler]

29mpvle.png

"Gray" Onix

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

I appreciate your input, but I think the time spent writing a response to me about the colors could have just as easily been spent editing them yourself.  That being said, I did edit a few of them per your response.  I just don't know if it's exactly what you had in mind or not, and I'd rather not make multiple versions.

2u5fi47.png

2zzjo89.png
2nvgwig.png

2w2khae.png

2x sizes:

[spoiler]

ht7nk1.png

2eph5k4.png

ic31v4.png

nnw1es.png

[/spoiler]

@Moetal

I appreciate your input, but I think the time spent writing a response to me about the colors could have just as easily been spent editing them yourself.  That being said, I did edit a few of them per your response.  I just don't know if it's exactly what you had in mind or not, and I'd rather not make multiple versions.

HAHAHA

get used to it

@Moetal

Give a man a sprite...?

Gray onix looks like those monochrome pictures people put on graveyards :o  RIP Onix

@Magi

[spoiler]Dead Onix are used to make gravestones. The more you know![/spoiler]

Onix is pure gray to begin with. At most I can change her eye colors, but even then original Onix doesn't have red eyes. Heck, I think we have too much red eyes moemons actually.

t5t1l2.png

Jolteon to be completed: not Soon.

@Spartacus

We're working on followers. To be complete: Never.

Edited by Moetal

demn, this is cool. i have a question, is there a follow sprite too? like if i let my nidoqueen out, it wont actually look like nidoqueen but will be moequeen or is it just not possible?

Isn't that a Heart Gold thing? I suspect that it would be a lot of copy paste jobs after a few are completed because they'll all quite human.

Edited by Septentrion

You guys are silly. :D

Sorry if I sounded like I was in a bad mood before.  I really wanna know though, are those last color edits good or not?

@Magi

I agree with animelover about the grin, but the Cloyster on the right looks like it has buck teeth.

@Kami

That looks scary.  I was wondering how you managed to do that, so I took a closer look at the sprite.  You can't edit single pixels in a double sized sprite, the details are going to be lost when it gets resized to 64x64.