[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Dood, if you make that work with the Sacred gold mod, YOU WILL BE THE HIGHEST CALIBER OF AWESOME!

There are a few scary bugs with that hack,but i´ll try.

Everything except for the bugs parts(fishing misingno at night ._. ) sounds good!

Just to say it, no, I didn't take my football and go home out of butthurt, I just started actually playing the game. (Edit: That is, Fire Red, not PokeMMO. I don't often play MMOs, but when I do it's Ryzom.) And, well, them pokeymans are addictive all on their own, but when you add in the Power of Moe there's no prying me away :lol:

Maybe talk to me after the Elite Four, or the Rocket base in the Sevii Islands...

Edited by dialNforNinja

Apologies if this has been asked like a billion times, but could anyone link me to a working Advanced Sprite Position Editor? I'm trying to play Pokemon Adventure Red with moemon sprites and I need to adjust their positions but all of the links to the program I've seen anywhere are dead

Apologies if this has been asked like a billion times, but could anyone link me to a working Advanced Sprite Position Editor? I'm trying to play Pokemon Adventure Red with moemon sprites and I need to adjust their positions but all of the links to the program I've seen anywhere are dead

A few pages ago in this thread, the user Kickern posted a .rar file with instructions to how to add Magikarp-tan and the Moemon sprites into a rom. I was having some trouble getting the Advanced Sprite Position Editor too, but it's bundled in that pack, and since I didn't know how to do it, it ended up being very useful. I think it's on page 70!

Alternatively, use NSE2.0 instead.

Open ROM in NSE2, navigate to the Pokemon Plug-in, navigate to whatever sprite you wanted to edit, export picture, edit position in paint/photoshop, import back into the game via NSE2.

Alternatively, use NSE2.0 instead.

Open ROM in NSE2, navigate to the Pokemon Plug-in, navigate to whatever sprite you wanted to edit, export picture, edit position in paint/photoshop, import back into the game via NSE2.

That doesn't really work. Some sprites don't have any room above or below them so can't be edited at all and even for the ones with room, the sheer amount of importing and re-importing that would be required as you adjust the sprite, check how it looks in a battle, and then re-adjust the sprite is absurd. Plus, you can't use paint, it screws with the file when you re-save it

A few pages ago in this thread, the user Kickern posted a .rar file with instructions to how to add Magikarp-tan and the Moemon sprites into a rom. I was having some trouble getting the Advanced Sprite Position Editor too, but it's bundled in that pack, and since I didn't know how to do it, it ended up being very useful. I think it's on page 70!

Awesome, thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for

Edited by tankhedgehog

@Rache

Make her frontsprite carry the plushie/stuff animal around her chest/stomach area like her backsprite, and I feel she can go a lot bigger in terms of size. Design wise, I feel you can add a bit more stuff on the dress or change something to make it look less plain. Maybe break the dress into two pieces and have her midriff showing and use that as the underbelly color.

Edited by Moetal

Made some changes~ I had initially tried to make her hold the plushie, but it didn't work out (hence why it was next to her instead before this version). Took quite a while to somewhat incorporate it.

g9rppY0.png

I cannot find the Moemon Revival Project 1.5 Download link... 

@_@ help me

That's because it doesn't exist~ Might want to check the date that it was announced.

Edited by RacheLucario

@Lache

I feel like I've seen those pair of legs before somewhere. Also, can we do something about the skirt actually? It feels like you are doing the same type of fur skirt for everything.

And some food for thought. I think the bag, hairclips and beret design are pretty clever, and puppet baby because why not.

[spoiler]2iijpki.png[/spoiler] 

[spoiler]aa832u.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Moetal

@Lache

I feel like I've seen those pair of legs before somewhere. Also, can we do something about the skirt actually? It feels like you are doing the same type of fur skirt for everything.

And some food for thought. I think the bag, hairclips and beret design are pretty clever, and puppet baby because why not.

[spoiler]2iijpki.png[/spoiler] 

[spoiler]aa832u.png[/spoiler]

Legs were heavily referenced from a Hydreigon sprite after multiple failed attempts to create from scratch. Ended up pretty similar to the original, but not identical. Haven't made a sprite for a while and don't think I've drawn skirts this way often, but I'll take your word for it. Will see what I can do later tonight, kinda wish I'd found those designs earlier when I looked for inspiration. Seems a bit strange to turn the baby into a puppet, but having it stick out of a bag is nice.

@Lache

Cuz u no listen when I tell you to research and explore. 

[spoiler]i3hyc1.jpg[/spoiler]

Spent quite a while looking actually. Must have just been looking in the wrong places - found only a handful of designs, but none of them were any good.

Anyway, pretty much followed the design but changed a couple of things because they either didn't work due to size limitations (clips), because it resembled Kangaskhan more after the change (shorts/bag strap colours), or just because I could (hat brim).

QnrAfLe.png

@Lache

The only thing I want to point out is her left arm (our right), the baby, and the hat. The hat feels a bit too bulky/slightly too large compare to the amount the original Pokemon has. Try to shrink it down (namely in terms of height) maybe. Her left arm is a pixel or two short, and the baby is hard to see since you shrunk it. Everything else look really good, and you've really outdone yourself this time.