[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Magi

The designer likes the second set. I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Score is 1-1 so far.

[spoiler]moemon__exeggcute_line_by_crino_line-d7w[/spoiler]

I ended up asking her for design. I'm fond of that Exeggcute. Exeggcutor could be better imo, but it's a solid design.

Hello. I've been lurking on this thread for a while now and thought I'd post something I made for fun too. I'm not a sprite artist in any way and I am aware that it is of low quality but it wouldn't hurt, right?

14ux4t4.jpg

It's supposed to be Nidoqueen based off a reference picture but looking at it, I don't think it looks like one. Probably because of the light hair and a lack of distinctive features. (I couldn't put together a palette for the hair without it looking god awful) I took various parts of other sprites to make it so I am hoping I'm not offending anyone. Constructive criticism is welcome.

And finally, I am loving this project. Keep up the good work. (:

@Fionne

Hello there. I like your work, but it really doesn't look like Nidoqueen. It looks more like Lugia than anything. 

2ryjabt.png

Repositioned her near the center and fixed the arms a bit.

To be honest, To me it looks like the sprite was originally for lugia, As on the hair it has a ribbon just like lugia has the spikes on its tail.

You're right. It does kinda look like Lugia. xD Though the thing on her head is supposed to be a tiara. Failed awfully on that one. I've been trying to change her hair color so it might not resemble Lugia but it's not working out very well.

You're right. It does kinda look like Lugia. xD Though the thing on her head is supposed to be a tiara. Failed awfully on that one. I've been trying to change her hair color so it might not resemble Lugia but it's not working out very well.

Oh no the tiara looks fine. Im talking about on the end bit on the hair here: e1f3e7c33d.png This resembles lugia's tail alot to me.

@Magi

Front:

I feel the feet can be bigger; she looks like she'd trip over on those feets. Make the rock maidband slightly more 'bumpy' (frilly etc) so they don't just rest flatly on the top edge of the sprite. I still feel the face is wide. Try a variation where her ler side bang covers more of the face, and one where you crop out a pixel or two on the left of the face.

Back:

The ear feels really angled outward (almost like an elf ear) and slightly too low. The lower hair shading feels like her hair is pulled to the back of the head for a ponytail, instead of up to the top for her sidetails -- reangle those lines upward more. Her top looks a bit off balanced (the left side looks like it's being pulled towards the right with a lot of force).

@Magi
The first looks better since the green is Really strong and stands out way too much. I feel you can make the division for the front bang wider so it doesn't look like a bowl cut from a distance. I still feel the face can be worked on more. She just look so different from Dragonair. I feel our current Dragonite has a better face.

@Magi

I just find it hard to accept this Dragonite. I just don't like it's face, hair or design as much as the current one.

Girafarig could be a lot more moe. 

[spoiler]6c3448d572444e3caf65485b35bf54ae.jpg[/spoiler]

SHE'S A USELESS POKEMON NO ONE USES, BUT DO IT FOR HER

Lache, stop liking everything and finish making your electric mouses.

This might be a really stupid question, which I'm guessing it is, but how do you make Pokémon follow you with Moémon installed? That's if you can which I'm guessing not, but I wonder if you can.

You need a Heart Gold or Soul Silver rom in your roms folder. After that, just drag it from your party onto the ground~ It'll look like the actual Pokemon instead of Moemon though.

You need a Heart Gold or Soul Silver rom in your roms folder. After that, just drag it from your party onto the ground~ It'll look like the actual Pokemon instead of Moemon though.

Hold on, I can't quite get this working. I have my patched Fire Red rom in the folder with the Soul Silver rom, and all it did was change the Pokémon sprites and gave me the option to let a Pokémon follow me around (yet I couldn't actually see the Pokémon).

How do I have all the usual Moémon but have a Pokémon strolling behind me at the same time? or is it impossible

Hold on, I can't quite get this working. I have my patched Fire Red rom in the folder with the Soul Silver rom, and all it did was change the Pokémon sprites and gave me the option to let a Pokémon follow me around (yet I couldn't actually see the Pokémon).

How do I have all the usual Moémon but have a Pokémon strolling behind me at the same time? or is it impossible

You need to turn DS sprites off in your settings to see the Moemon. After that, everything should be working.

3aaa5e0900.png