[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@RIOH

That.. actually looks decent apart from a few anatomy issues.  But the design doesn't have any Exeggcute feel and she looks psycho, intentional?

@Asakano

There's barely any design to speak of, let alone resembling an Ekans.

Edit: I guess you wanted something like this?

[spoiler]

Pokemon_Gijinka__Ekans_by_yusuyoshi_sano

[/spoiler]

@Moetal

094%20Gengar%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.png

Edit:

edits of Rache's Pidgey

016%20Pidgey%20Rache%20Edit%20Front%20x2016%20Pidgey%20Rache%20Edit%20Front%20v1

@Magi
The ding isn't complete yet the face is going to be changed and the face expression too sorry it looks psychological and evil its just a draft and I am going to add more stuff so it feels like its an exegcute
PS. It will be in the bottom part of her shell like in the other desing i posted

One question wat is the sprite you have in fire red of jolteon

@RIOH

Words are meaningless. I can post a blank picture and say I'm going to draw it later and it's going to be super amazing etc, but will that be acceptable? Can you turn in your homework blank and say you will do them next year? Think about what you are doing please.

@Moetal

I do believe that the lack of a neck rather than the length of the face is the problem here.  Changed a few other things as well.

074%20Geodude%20Front%20v1.1%20x2.png

@RIOH

You're an art thief aren't you?  You'd have a hard time convincing me that the pic you deleted and your most recent upload are done by the same person.

@Magi
I still think the front face can still be shortened by one pixel. Make a variation and put them side by side to compare.

The backsprite looks good except for the part above the eye; it has hair color between the eye and the eyebrow for some reason. I feel the left hairball and top half braid should be hidden behind the top of the head instead of being on top of it.

I'm an art thief as far as the term itself goes. I take art/pic/sprites from other people and use and/or edit without permission all the time, and I don't feel guilty about it. However, I don't run around claiming it as my own. That's where it draws the line for me. We need a new term for people who takes art and claims as their own, like 'art pretender' or something.

Edit: Try moving the eyes up by one pixel too. Back is good.

Edit 2: The chin and eye variation looks good.

@Moetal

074%20Geodude%20Front%20v1.1%20x2.png074%20Geodude%20Front%20v1.1b%20x2.png074%20Geodude%20Front%20v1.1c%20x2.png074%20Geodude%20Front%20v1.1d%20x2.png074%20Geodude%20Front%20v1.1e%20x2.png

074%20Geodude%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.png

I think art theft describes what you are talking about quite nicely, what is more disturbing is that the same term 'theft' can be applied to derivative works made without permission from the original creator due to how copyright works.  For example we are all infringing Game Freak's copyright right now.

Edit:

moar variations

@Magi

I am siding more towards four personally, but both four and five looks good. I'm going to show the original artist and see what she thinks.

@Captain

I take all comments seriously. If you have an opinion, feel free to say it.

@RIOH

IANAL, but rom hacks like moemon, flora sky, touhoumon, are considered derivative works and under some countries* copyright law, it is considered infringement to create derivative works without the copyright owner's permission.  That said, since this isn't used for commercial purposes, it might fall under fair use but the only way to truly find out is to get sued by GF.

More discussion here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297072

* http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/106

Personally, I'm not worried, its just that copyright law sucks.

Graveler (and slight size reduction)

075%20Graveler%20Front%20v1%20x2.png075%20Graveler%20Front%20v1.1%20x2.png