[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Rache

The Furret is the only semi-acceptable one, and even then I feel she could be edited even further. Kingler doesn't look like Kingler, and Weepinbell is a bit chubby to be moe. Again, family lines need to sync with each other. Please don't just make one sprite; I need Sentret also, and the entire Bellsprout family. 

First you dis dark skin, and now you're saying chubby isn't moe...

[DISAPPOINTMENT INTENSIFIES] 

[spoiler]ti8I7aC.gif[/spoiler]

@Bulba

The front sprite's blacklines shouldn't be changing from left to right as she walk. That's not how light works.

The side sprite's line for area between the back of the head/hair-tail feels poorly transitioned. Also, the second side sprite's hair looks funky. Just let her hair-tail cover the other arm.

Lastly, the first backsprite's hair-tail's curve near the end could be smoother. It feels rather jagged right now.

So this is my first post on this site and I more or less just joined to keep up with this topic, and I made a quick little spritey thing of my favourite Pokémon Sandshrew. I don't claim to be very good but I figured I'd post it up anyway. First time attempting to sprite pretty much anything.

xlmcrd.png

So this is my first post on this site and I more or less just joined to keep up with this topic, and I made a quick little spritey thing of my favourite Pokémon Sandshrew. I don't claim to be very good but I figured I'd post it up anyway. First time attempting to sprite pretty much anything.

xlmcrd.png

While adorable, there are a couple of issues with it.

1: The sprites have to be drawn at 64x64. We only resize them to 128x128 to make them easier to see. When resized to 64x64, yours ends up looking like this. It would need some cleaning up to be usable.

c21ffa1354.png

2: You can only use a maximum of 16 colours, including the background colour which will become transparent. (As such, white isn't recommended for the background since it will turn all the other whites in the sprite transparent if the shade is identical.)

Is this better?? 

Sandshrewsprite_zpse1b06f25.pngSandshrewsprite128_zpsbc63c08a.png

Gweh now sizing it up again makes it blurry. The pains of a first attempt D: 

That's the best I can do *noob at this*  

I also did one where I shrunk her body a bit while keeping her headsize the same to try and make her cuter x3x

Sandshrewspritealternate_zpsc375542a.png Alternatesandshrew128_zps55849e2d.png

@Darkflame

It's still blurry. Your shrunk body one looks more appropriate in height in relation to the other sprites we have, but you've destroyed the proportion and most details while doing that. Use that height, but go back and use your old arms/hands and outline the sprite with black and darker tones. It might not be a bad idea to literally just strip most if not all the colors you have right now and set up a proper palette to work with. See below on how I literally just dropped the palette onto the sprite to make it easier to work with. We can easily erase the palette when we are done making the sprite.

Sp4zYSd.png

Note: Outdated sprite. This was my unskilled attempt; Magi made a better one than this. I am only using this to show you the palette.

Try to make the face look more like the original, but while still keeping within 16 colours.  I would shrink the head more but I just copied your original's head onto the body for this example and cleaned a few bits.

SandshrewDarkFlameEdit.png

How is this? [URL=http://s183.photobucket.com/user/rin345/media/Alternatesandshrew2128_zps03ec7ea9.png.html]Alternatesandshrew2128_zps03ec7ea9.png[/URL]

It's starting to look a bit like Marisa from Touhou

@Darkflame

I feel you should just start over from scratch. Your talents and time are being wasted on trying to fix a broken sprite. You are trying to work within the confines of a base which was dis-proportioned and incorrectly colored/toned after being shrunk in size and palette, and your artistic senses become completely twisted as a result. 

@Darkflame

I feel you should just start over from scratch. Your talents and time are being wasted on trying to fix a broken sprite. You are trying to work within the confines of a base which was dis-proportioned and incorrectly colored/toned after being shrunk in size and palette, and your artistic senses become completely twisted as a result. 

Right-o I decided to just scrap that for now and wanted to try a different pokemon before going back to the Sandshrew. So here is my shot at a Doduo. Figured It'd be easier to get my head off that image if I tried something completely different.

[URL=http://s183.photobucket.com/user/rin345/media/Doduosprite128_zps70b49533.png.html]Doduosprite128_zps70b49533.png[/URL]

For some reason I felt compelled to redo Drowzee and Hypno. I went more for personality than moeness on Hypno. I always thought of it as something of a trickster.

0lmIMTR.png

FGoTLXa.png

As for the backsprites that I still haven't done... Which Pokemon should I make them for? (There's no point in making a backsprite for a front sprite that won't be used.)

@Rache

They both need some tuning, but they're both really well designed. Please start working on the back sprites for both of them. I'll try to show you some edits for the front sprites.

EDIT: 

11waa76.png

Just adding some folds to the sleeve to make it softer looking, eyes were too high so I moved them down, made the body slightly thinner, added a bit more darker outlines here and there. EDIT: Please move the line on her body about 3 pixel to the right to make it more centered unless you intentionally wanted it off center.

EDIT 2:

34i4riu.png

I've roughly enlarged the legs, made the head shorter/moved eye down, widen the arms and legs and made the right hand closer to the sleeve because of perspective. I think her right leg should be moved to the right by a pixel or two after being enlarged, but I'm not exactly sure myself.

@Darkflame

Too much black. Avoid using black as a tone on the sleeves and outfit.