[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I'm not sure where else to go for this problem so I'll just ask here. I tried installing the latest patch to a clean firered rom, and then tried applying the universal radomizer to it because i wanted to shake it up after seeing a guy on youtube do it. But when I try to load the combine file it just goes to black after the intro (don't make it to the press start menu). Need help if possible.

As a side note are you guys also planning on making this compatible to other gba games. I read the problems emerald gives but what about ruby, sapphire, or leaf green.

2 hours ago, Komodo1919 said:

I'm not sure where else to go for this problem so I'll just ask here. I tried installing the latest patch to a clean firered rom, and then tried applying the universal radomizer to it because i wanted to shake it up after seeing a guy on youtube do it. But when I try to load the combine file it just goes to black after the intro (don't make it to the press start menu). Need help if possible.

As a side note are you guys also planning on making this compatible to other gba games. I read the problems emerald gives but what about ruby, sapphire, or leaf green.

First off, have you tested the patch without the randomizer patched over it? If so, did it work? If both those questuons answer "yes" then it means you can't use both of those patches together.

Please also check your clean FireRed rom to see if it's the correct version. If you're using android, I recommend Hash Calc, otherwise look for a utility that can check on both SHA-1 and SHA-256 hashes and make sure your rom hashes to SHA-256: 3D0C79F1627022E18765766F6CB5EA067F6B5BF7DCA115552189AD65A5C3A8AC

SHA-1: 41CB23D8DCCC8EBD7C649CD8FBB58EEACE6E2FDC

If your clean FireRed rom does not match these hashes, it's not the right version or not a clean rom and you should look for another.

As for ports to other gen 3 games, see this thread which contains all of the other versions and the file that tells you what the hashes are (and how to check them)

• 1 month later...

Hi there, my 1st post to this tread. And I love this mod, I love it so much I made a Perler to the game of Nidroran female. I wanted to know if the cute Clefairy with the curly hair would be put into this game, it's mega cute. And you all are doing a wonderful job with this project. Please keep it up! ❤️

5 hours ago, Tibbysan said:

Hi there, my 1st post to this tread. And I love this mod, I love it so much I made a Perler to the game of Nidroran female. I wanted to know if the cute Clefairy with the curly hair would be put into this game, it's mega cute. And you all are doing a wonderful job with this project. Please keep it up! ❤️

Curly hair design is no longer on the drawing board. This is what we have working so far.

astolfo8.jpg

Yes, the backsprites are still rough/not updated.

Edited by Moetal
9 hours ago, itchyjony said:

which Pokemon are not created or is this finished?

cuz I might start making some but it kinda looks like I came late to the party :(

Head over to the discord linked in the first post. Somewhere around 1/3 (or more) of Hoenn needs to be revamped. And there are other projects for Moemon beyond the first three gens.

Also, I'd argue that Mankey is pretty tomboyish if you really want a tomboy sprite. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Yuk1Katsume said:

how the sprites are put in pokemmo I do not know where the DS's are disabled

This patch is not compatible with PokeMMO anymore. Check the Other Ports for a Moemon patch that is compatible with PokeMMO. You'll have to follow the instructions yourself since the thread seems to be inactive and practically no one that works on Revival knows how to use PokeMMO.

20 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

Este parche ya no es compatible con PokeMMO. Verifique los otros puertos para un parche de Moemon que sea compatible con PokeMMO. Tendrá que seguir las instrucciones usted mismo ya que el hilo parece estar inactivo y prácticamente nadie que trabaja en Revival sabe cómo usar PokeMMO.

Thanks ^^

Ok, so I love this god damned hack to death. there's one thing that is hurting me though. I played it a while back, and got to the final four. I beat them, then after the credits the game just resets back to the start screen, and when I load up the file it just starts where I last saved. if the answer is obvious, i'll feel very dumb

29 minutes ago, Weebles said:

Ok, so I love this god damned hack to death. there's one thing that is hurting me though. I played it a while back, and got to the final four. I beat them, then after the credits the game just resets back to the start screen, and when I load up the file it just starts where I last saved. if the answer is obvious, i'll feel very dumb

A little more information would have been nice. While this may be a patch that can be played on any emulator that supports GBA games, it's not like every emulator works the exact same.

So which emulator are you using? Without knowing the specific emulator you are on, I can only give generic solutions that may or may not solve anything.  I do know that on some emulators, if you did not change the save type to 128k before starting the game, then it won't always save properly and can reset post-Elite 4 progress.

Edited by Leafjewel
9 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

A little more information would have been nice. While this may be a patch that can be played on any emulator that supports GBA games, it's not like every emulator works the exact same.

So which emulator are you using? Without knowing the specific emulator you are on, I can only give generic solutions that may or may not solve anything.  I do know that on some emulators, if you did not change the save type to 128k before starting the game, then it won't always save properly and can reset post-Elite 4 progress.

I figured it out... I feel dumb. im using visualboy. and I realized that my settings were all messed up on it...

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how much this applies to this particular thread, since this is a Gen 4 Pokemon, but I noticed that there are no Moemon sprites for Burmy at all. So, I decided to make it myself.

2m346xc.png

I used the head from a Litwick sprite I found, along with the original Burmy sprite and legs from Zoura and Dragonair Moemons. I tried to create a version with the stalk as well. Works fine for the front sprites, but the back sprites end up way too tall, even after shortening the stalk.

10qz66u.png

Edited by TibJib
On 12/16/2018 at 12:48 PM, TibJib said:

Not sure how much this applies to this particular thread, since this is a Gen 4 Pokemon, but I noticed that there are no Moemon sprites for Burmy at all. So, I decided to make it myself.

2m346xc.png

I used the head from a Litwick sprite I found, along with the original Burmy sprite and legs from Zoura and Dragonair Moemons. I tried to create a version with the stalk as well. Works fine for the front sprites, but the back sprites end up way too tall, even after shortening the stalk.

10qz66u.png

We work on later gen moemon in the Mega thread or Discord(link in the mega thread). Our backsprites also don't include the lower half of the body.

Edited by Septentrion

Actually just found the Mega thread shortly after I posted this one here, so I'll probably post it over there sometime soon. Normally I wouldn't include the whole body, but the original Burmy sprite did, so I figured I'd go with that. Could probably just cut them off at the red line though.

hey so i was wondering, could anyone tell me how to download this file? i have a GBA emulator but im having trouble figuring out how to install it, incase it wasnt obvious im not the best when when it comes to these kinds of downloads, if someone could help me install it id VERY much appreciate it as ive been dying to try this revival out!