[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

~Hey Moe gang,

Love to stop by and see the progress once and while. I'll try to keep my chime ins to a minimum unless I have some feedback I feel would contribute; feel free to let me know if it gets too bothersome. (These are points you may already know, but just in case)

Marrowak is looking nice and cute! Her color scheme and outfit looks almost identical to Cubone's, which is hard to avoid since that's how it's represented canonically. Although Marrowak is known for her sharp eyes, so maybe make moe Morrowak's eyes less soft and round. Eyes similar to moe Gyarados or Nidoking for ex? It could help her look more developed and stand apart from Cubone.

I'm not sure if this was intended, but Spearow's new wings look sort of metallic, like they're made of steel. The underwings are supposed be the same color as its belly, so light tan I think, similar to the lights of her hair. No criticisms on the backsprite

Edited by BlooKirby

Is there a way to fix the positions of moemon when using the Pokemmo mod, not using the rom?

I'm using the mod rn because of patches for Firered that change the music of the game and also mess up the sprites for some reason.

@xSlaYerLlamax

Table Notes:

There are several table files in the /sprites/battlesprites/ folder which modify the way sprites are rendered. I recommend you use the 'Dump Moddable Resources' utility to see how this table functions.

It is editable with a standard text editor.

• table-front-y.txt - Modifies the rendered Y position for front sprites. (PNG Only)
  • table-front-altitide.txt - Modifies the rendered Y position for front sprites. Would control shadow rendering, if we supported it. (PNG Only)
  • table-front-scale.txt - Modifies the render scale of front sprites. (GIF Only)
  • table-back-scale.txt - Modifies the render scale of back sprites. (GIF Only)

You're looking for MOD support, not Moemon support. Try searching a bit more next time before asking.

4C4hDVK.png

I think Persian needs a bit more shading and a bit more colors or details. She just feels a bit plain when compared to Meowth.

Edit: Removed the links to the roms. If anyone has trouble patching, feel free to PM me. 

If anyone can give me the older IPS files so I can make some old patches, that'd be pretty nice. 

Also, will be making a YouTube Video series about this. Including how to patch etc.
<3

Edit: You don't need to use the mod folder, for the PokeMMO, you can just use the patched rom and you'll get all the sprites.

Spoiler

jhCGhK2.png

-Aili

Edited by Ailiseu
Following rules

Might want to be careful there Ailiseu.

13.) No ROM distribution, or talk on ROM distribution. Any posts discussing ROMs will be removed.

Also this new forum stuff is kinda annoying in dealing with quotes; it's not letting me set who the quote is from (in this case the Client Customization Rules list).

Edited by OtherPlayers
29 minutes ago, OtherPlayers said:

Might want to be careful there Ailiseu.

Also this new forum stuff is kinda annoying in dealing with quotes; it's not letting me set who the quote is from (in this case the Client Customization Rules list).

Thanks friend. I changed my post. I'll just help people if they need help. 

-Aili