[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Arisa

Nah you're fine. I was asking for finished sprites that haven't yet been added, but I did sorta figure it was a tall order considering the overflow of semi-finished moes. I've collected and implemented most of what I wanted already, and thanks to you teaching me how to do it, future additions will be much easier.

@Hardcore

I'm mainly just practicing, and I like Clefairy.

My only real problem with your Clefairy is the (our) right arms sleeve and eyes, plus the left arm looks weirdly disconnected from her shoulder, everything else is debatable.

That Latias looks good, but Septentrion seems set on redoing it.

Edited by Arisa

I do have the disadvantage of Latias not actually being a large pokemon. My Latias my be a canidate for the biggest moemon we have. I'm considering making her rayquaza. Rayquaza is huge! http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_height#23.27_.287.0_m.29 Rayquazea is also the emerald mascot, although I prefer Latias, Rayquaza is more important and deserving of a new sprite.

Latias(?

fcp9vq.png

These features should be changed to match:

zHYvWhy.png

Also, maybe have yellow eyes.

Latios is also something that needs work as well. Her counterpart is obviously from the same sprite.

Edit: Opps

uPCzGN5.png

Edit 2:

I know it's not perfect, but did I just create emerald mascot on a whim? Guess Hardcore's Latias is likely going to be the Latias.

BI8bUjQ.png

8XTCOPv.png

Edited by Septentrion

Can't unsee e.e

In case anyone wants to know the original art, see spoiler.

Warning: axx, don't look.

[spoiler]Rayquaza

Ub7VhXs.jpg[/spoiler]

I what I have for a backsprite may also be change into Rayquaza. It's a one o-clock backspite however.

There's a dearth of good backsprites, and they're not exactly easy to find. I might end up going on a hunt to organizing them

edit:

@swirly

What I turned out was more of an proof of concept.

Do you really think the hair is too bright? I pulled the green colors directly from the drawing. Would it be better if it was darker than the shirt?

Edited by Septentrion

@Septentrion

Ended up playing with it a bit, though I think I ended up breaking more than I fixed. -_-

ray.png

ray2.png

(Sorry for the eye-bleeding background color)

Apparently, my eyes don't bleed easily. I think the bright green hair is beautiful. Can anyone other than me tell two locks of hair are suppose to be falling on her shirt?

The arms and hands are better than what I can do. I don't think we should default to red eyes. I think the breasts should have a bit of weight and not be perfect circles.

Okay, this may be the last I work on this sprite. I'm not going to try again it for a while.

nApCRdZ.pngw4hsXTd.png

I'd rather talk about backsprites at this point. Here's how I've been thinking about how to organize them.

yEUFF8s.png

The idea is to have all spites be 1,2, or 3 o'clock by the endgame in terms of evolution. 2 is basically standing with your moemon. 6 should probably not made at all.

Edited by Septentrion

@Sep

When you posted your "perspective" theory the first two or whatever times, I brushed it off as non-sense. This is the third time-ish, so I'm just going to straight off tell you you're wrong. 

Look at the battles below. Which looks most natural to you?

4t80eq.png

If you answered anything besides the second one, you need to get your eyes checked. While the second one is not as moe as the first or the third, it is the most natural looking angle. You have your entire concept backward. On your "clock", your #6 and #5 are the most naturally angled sprites while anything smaller than a #3 is pretty much standing sideways and your #2/#1 are starting to turn your back AGAINST your opponent.

Look at the Charizard again. She's a #2, and you can clearly tell her body is starting to face towards you rather than the opponent, and her head is pretty much facing towards the right side of the screen (straight ahead angle when taking her body into consideration). Always ask yourself, is she battling you, is she battling the empty space on your right, or is she battling her opponent? Where should her focus be at? Obviously, if you answered anything other than her opponent, you are playing the wrong game and need to stop playing.

Edited by Moetal

give rayquaza a body suit with the rayquaza pattern on it, that may be more suitied

or a tight dress like this one:

Hold+Me+Tight+Dress+1.jpg?format=500w

this may combine the dress with the sleek style of rayquaza and allows you to integrate rayquazas pattern on it

Also less breatssize for rayquaza, it should be a more skinny kind character.

@Moetal, yes No 2 is the bets, 1 is okish, 3 faces way too much to the user.

Also i lack the conistency in the design, when charmanders tail is substituded by the  hair of the character it should keep this attribute and take it over all 3 forms.

maybe with charmeleon gettign a hairstyle like this:

zopf3.jpg

to mirror the charmeleons "horn" at the end of the head.

Also, charizards tail seems to be rather "weak" and thin compared to the other 2 types.

Edited by Lilyfromanimove

@Sep

When you posted your "perspective" theory the first two or whatever times, I brushed it off as non-sense. This is the third time-ish, so I'm just going to straight off tell you you're wrong. 

Look at the battles below. Which looks most natural to you?

4t80eq.png

If you answered anything besides the second one, you need to get your eyes checked. While the second one is not as moe as the first or the third, it is the most natural looking angle. You have your entire concept backward. On your "clock", your #6 and #5 are the most naturally angled sprites while anything smaller than a #3 is pretty much standing sideways and your #2/#1 are starting to turn your back AGAINST your opponent.

Look at the Charizard again. She's a #2, and you can clearly tell her body is starting to face towards you rather than the opponent, and her head is pretty much facing towards the right side of the screen (straight ahead angle when taking her body into consideration). Always ask yourself, is she battling you, is she battling the empty space on your right, or is she battling her opponent? Where should her focus be at? Obviously, if you answered anything other than her opponent, you are playing the wrong game and need to stop playing.

What matters is that the head is face towards the opponent. The body doesn't need to be facing the opponent during all combat action. Also, #2 putting the trainer directly behind the fighter. At that angle, the trainer would be unable to see much of what the opponent does clearly, and put the trainer in the line of attack. Also, if you think #2 is still ideal, even the official games avoid that angel.

Spr_b_3r_005.pngSpr_b_4d_005.png

They're about 5-4 o'clock angles. It's especial uncommon just stand directly behind in the manga.

Edited by Septentrion

EDIT: Problem solved. Thanks Moetal!

Hey moe gang~ having tons of fun with playing this patch while in randomizer nuzlocke - especially with me testing out those awesome new sprites. However, I have run into a hiccup in regards to some of the smaller moemon ending up "buried" because of how small the game thinks they are.

http://imgur.com/gv8TKEx

http://imgur.com/fjXtCES

http://imgur.com/CrCNV1K

http://imgur.com/lOWNGTN

Plenty more than those too.

Any way to fix this, or is this just a result of the mons being unfinished?

Edited by BlooKirby

@BlooKirby

Look into a program called "Advanced Sprite Position Editor". I fix the position of all the sprite I import into the Moemon patch, but since you are importing your own sprites in, you'll need to realign them yourself.

This makes me sad, for some reason I cant get the game to work. As soon as Oak says "Hello" the game resets itself.

Is there something I can do.. or is there something I did wrong?

Edit* I got it to work, I guess the ROM I got was bad D:

Edited by Drexsonie

@Septentrion

Rayquaza?

[spoiler]

Legendary.Pok%C3%A9mon.full.1245315.jpg

[/spoiler]

I did considered making Rayquaza dark skin so she could have more yellow accessories, particularly the collar around her neck. That particular design seems too evil

I do like what I made so far and I decided to worry about the backsprite. I haven't decided the best way to approach it yet.

Are you going to make it where it works with Heart Gold so the little sprites follow you around? :3

It seems like the manager of that project disappeared. I don't think the art aspect of that would be hard compared to what's already being done here, but I don't think anyone with the technical skills is working on it.

Awesome!  :D

I'm liking almost all of the sprites so far, I just find that these below are just some of my preferences over the normal ones and I use these ones instead.

uar9MPC.png

instead of default ditto, 

Bvbhvq9.png

instead of the default starmie,

wAuga3Y.pngi67TVgh.pngZR9DvcY.pngW6ulMU0.png

instead of default tyranitar.