[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Is any of the mentioned compatible with PokeMMO though. Like, could you stick the FireRed Omega or Liquid Crystal etc into the folder and it would still run like PokeMMO should, while it would run like Liquid Crystal etc when using emulator?

@Magi

Dungeness cra- I mean Magikarp. Also I feel like we could touch up on Magikarp a tiny bit namely the backsprite. The backsprite's head and face shape are just awful.

I honestly doubt that anything besides purely cosmetic patches would be compatible with PokeMMO. Much less custom rom hacks that touches the game's pokedex, wild pokemon encounters, or especially modify the game's story line entirely.

doubt that the game loads any of that data from the user rom, if anything its just used for visuals, so if the id code match, the worse that could happen loading a hacked rom would be that you get glitched to death

Having Magikarp on the title screen would make sense if Magikarp-tan is the trainer, otherwise like MetaSieg said, either Flareon or Charizard is good.  Honestly, pretty much whatever Magi draws would look good on the title screen, imo.  Though, I admit my eye for little pixel-y details isn't as good as Moetal's.  (Btw, I'm all for Magikarp-tan trainer.)

I'd like to see is the actual title changed to "Moemon" on the title screen, too.  Just an idea.

Or, how about 2 different versions?  One could be just the sprite/icon replacements for those who just want that, and the other could be "Magikarp edition" for those who want all that.  Just another idea.

@Moetal

You know, I never really thought about this until now.  Magikarp-tan, as in the trainer, is an actual Magikarp?  I kinda thought she was, like, more human or something.  I mean she had a different sprite from the moemon.  But that sprite you posted would change all that.  A moemon training others of it's own kind.  Interesting. :huh:

@Moetal

You know, I never really thought about this until now.  Magikarp-tan, as in the trainer, is an actual Magikarp?  I kinda thought she was, like, more human or something.  I mean she had a different sprite from the moemon.  But that sprite you posted would change all that.  A moemon training others of it's own kind.  Interesting. :huh:

It's an idea that's been around for a while. The was this comic where one was disguised as a human, It was a grass type, although I can't remember that much about it.

@Kami

ouv7s5.png

There was a gray-ish color on the skin for some reason, so I fixed it for you. The nose need to stand out more (use redder/pinker color). Lengthen the arms and legs so she looks less like a baby and more like the starter size. Go butcher another moe for their arms and legs. Outfit and hair is fine, although we'll need to fix the outlines a bit as they're really light and some places could be less bumpy looking with the pixels.

@Septen

This one?

[spoiler]2up9xfm.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by Moetal

Behold, for I am back with Swinub Mark II! :P

hiDeONR.png

No more meomons were sacrified for this update. Yup, drew the limbs from scratch this time around.

That took longer than expected. But it looks much more satisfying than before, if I do say so myself.

I also tried to get a more woolly feeling for the fur clothes. Hopefully it resembles now the coat of a wild boar piglet.

Lightened skin and blush colours for better contrast with the browns.

@Kami

My eyes are not as good as they used to be so I have trouble looking at 1x. Your legs seem short compare to the arms. I feel you have dropped too much of the shading on the skin so she looks super pale/flat. Try fixing the backsprite's hair; It looks flat on the top.

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

1. Click on the image

2. Press Crtl and hold the key

3. Zoom in with your mouse wheel.

4. ???

5. Profit!

Doing this would be much faster than me manually rescaling the sprite. And becomes much less blurry, as we saw in the other attempt. :P

It was my intention to give the legs a little bent, but maybe outcome was too subtile. So here we go a last time~

55e61Jm.png

Lengthed her legs by 1 pixel and returned her facial shadings to that of the original. Also made her fur scarf (hopefully) stand out more on the shiny variant. New highlights for the backsprite hair added as well. And corrected some stray pixels in the fur pants. That would be all I think.

I will now turn my attention to another pokemon. Maybe Piloswine or Magcargo. Who knows. *shrugs*

Edited by Kamigoroshi

@Kami

I assure you I've tried that. My browser auto smooth/blend and makes it equally blurry whenever I do that. The only way I can view it pixelated is to use my PS and enlarge it. Legs are still short. Please work on your palette before you even think about shiny. You're missing outlines all over the place.

28hd63a.png

Enlarged hands for both front and back. Magi are you going to work on Oddish? If not, I can give it a try. 

EDIT: 

IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE. YOU COULD'VE STOPPED THIS FROM HAPPENING. WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP IT?

28uh2j6.png218wog.png

Family comparison.

EDIT 2:

Vile's back face still need fixing. Wrong expression.

[spoiler]2eutn3o.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

I don't think it's a good idea for Swinub to have bigger legs than she has now. Compared to the other first evolution moemons, her legs are much more developed. In fact she's currently as big as her second evolution, Piloswine. Which makes me almost want to shrink her down a bit.

Well, I finally found out what bothered me with the scarf: it needed a lighter colour tone.

(Another attempt at posting it 512x128)

WShtVO7.png

On a side note, I played around a bit with Persian.

u9eUQwX.png

This is not a serious attempt by any means.

I only wanted a counterpart to go with Meowth below, as the other Persian sprite looks somehow too brittle.

KeuT00Z.png

Edited by Kamigoroshi

I haven't said that current pose is bad (or that the suggested one would be better), it was simply some idea which can be ignored. However I do think that the expression could be changed. Gloom is gloomy because, well, it's Gloom, but it doesn't mean that the rest of family must have the same face.