[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Well, I just wasted a good two hours trying to get this to work on PokeMMO, until reading the last page. :<  Under the FAQ in the OP, it still says that this works in PokeMMO if you turn off DS sprites.  Moetal, could you please edit to OP to remove this, as it is outdated and misleading?  Sure would have saved me a lot of time, and, based on other complaints people have whined about, a lot of other people's time. Thanks o/

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, another semi-lurker here. I'm not here to wine about my game not working though, kek.

Do you guys have a Discord server for this project? If not, have you considered making one? I reckon with cool projects like these Discord could be used to organise ideas around and even have a place for us lurkers to hang out as we watch the project go along. Just thought it'd be cool, since the Moemon community isn't tiny by any means and there could be potential for a good community to start up.

(if theres already a discord pls dont kill me ;-;)

8 hours ago, MoonPepper said:

Hey all, another semi-lurker here. I'm not here to wine about my game not working though, kek.

Do you guys have a Discord server for this project? If not, have you considered making one? I reckon with cool projects like these Discord could be used to organise ideas around and even have a place for us lurkers to hang out as we watch the project go along. Just thought it'd be cool, since the Moemon community isn't tiny by any means and there could be potential for a good community to start up.

(if theres already a discord pls dont kill me ;-;)

While there should be a more inclusive avenue for help, we don't need "ideas." I would expect work to be done.

I know of no moemon server that exists.

4 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Would you be open to using one? I make a server and manage it, though Moetal won't be in it.

As far as I'm concerned, you don't need my permission. I'm definitely interested to see if it lives up to it's merits. Like, would an influx of people from /vp/ result in more sprites or even a new game?

Glitches and softlock.

I've been playing this mod with Pokemon firered for the past few weeks and I've ran into some issues. First before I say anything I would like to say, yes I installed this mod using IPS lunar on a clean version of firered with the latest update, I am playing this on the no$gba emulation, and that I've tested and the glitches are present also on vba player as well. The first I encounter is when I started the game as it seems the player's room that you start in is looking like its covered in corruption (like missing no is popping in). The second glitch I've ran into is the npc's who trade you pokemon, like the one that gives you mr.mime or farfetch'd, and it seems like their dialogue is messed up and scrambled and if I bring the right pokemon for trading the game will suffer a fatal crash, either that or it will fatal crash upon simply interacting with them. The third glitch I found is that the move brick break is unstable and using it is like a dice roll whether it will crash the game or not. And lastly the bit that has ruin the whole experience for me, is Bruno's machamp, I played for two weeks in my free time to get to the elite four and just today this character has softlocked my game I made a save before this fight and no matter what I do I am stuck, If I bring its health down to yellow or lower the game suffers a fatal crash, If I try to switch pokemon the game suffers a fatal crash, If he defeats my active pokemon, in this case a blastoise, the game suffers a fatal crash. I literally can't do anything I really want to make this work, I want this game to work but I find absolutely nothing on any of these problems and if just me I don't know what I'm doing wrong either way I probably just lost all my work so I'm really upset about this whole thing.

2 hours ago, Komodo1919 said:

Glitches and softlock.

I've been playing this mod with Pokemon firered for the past few weeks and I've ran into some issues. First before I say anything I would like to say, yes I installed this mod using IPS lunar on a clean version of firered with the latest update, I am playing this on the no$gba emulation, and that I've tested and the glitches are present also on vba player as well. The first I encounter is when I started the game as it seems the player's room that you start in is looking like its covered in corruption (like missing no is popping in). The second glitch I've ran into is the npc's who trade you pokemon, like the one that gives you mr.mime or farfetch'd, and it seems like their dialogue is messed up and scrambled and if I bring the right pokemon for trading the game will suffer a fatal crash, either that or it will fatal crash upon simply interacting with them. The third glitch I found is that the move brick break is unstable and using it is like a dice roll whether it will crash the game or not. And lastly the bit that has ruin the whole experience for me, is Bruno's machamp, I played for two weeks in my free time to get to the elite four and just today this character has softlocked my game I made a save before this fight and no matter what I do I am stuck, If I bring its health down to yellow or lower the game suffers a fatal crash, If I try to switch pokemon the game suffers a fatal crash, If he defeats my active pokemon, in this case a blastoise, the game suffers a fatal crash. I literally can't do anything I really want to make this work, I want this game to work but I find absolutely nothing on any of these problems and if just me I don't know what I'm doing wrong either way I probably just lost all my work so I'm really upset about this whole thing. 

No version of the game has a corrupted player's room. Could you share the CRC32 hash of your "clean" ROM?

Also, your save file should work in Otherplayer's Moemon Firered, Moemon Leafgreen, or even on the nornal Firedred. You can defeat Bruno in normal firered and go back to meomon by changing file names.

I have a feeling that your savefile isn't going to be formatted to save after the elite four. Here's how properly save for VBA.

Under Option>Emulator>Save Type
1)Automatic
2)128k Flash
fixing saves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhAVH1yMG0

Edited by Septentrion
1 hour ago, Septentrion said:

No version of the game has a corrupted player's room. Could you share the CRC32 hash of your "clean" ROM?

Also, your save file should work in Otherplayer's Moemon Firered, Moemon Leafgreen, or even on the nornal Firedred. You can defeat Bruno in normal firered and go back to meomon by changing file names.

I have a feeling that your savefile isn't going to be formatted to save after the elite four. Here's how properly save for VBA.

Under Option>Emulator>Save Type
1)Automatic
2)128k Flash
fixing saves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhAVH1yMG0

I'm not aware of what a CRC32 hash is

16 hours ago, Komodo1919 said:

I'm not aware of what a CRC32 hash is

It's a method of identifying unique files. You can find out the hashes in Windows 10 for any file by checking properties. This is just to identify if you got the wrong Firered Rom. There are ZERO bugs that this patch creates if everything is done properly and unclean Firered Roms on the internet are likely the breakpoint.

I just started playing a new game of Pokemon Fire Red with the Moemon mod, and I've noticed that the TinyMushrooms that are supposed to hidden around Mt. Moon are missing.  The mushrooms are present in the un-hacked version of the same ROM.  Can someone help?

The ROM has a SHA256 hash of 3d0c79f1627022e18765766f6cb5ea067f6b5bf7dca115552189ad65a5c3a8ac.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, just recently DLled 2.2 after forgetting this patch existed since 2015 lol. Wanted to know if any help is needed in the spriting area, I have some experience in spriting, and some good QC skills for editing outdated sprites. Probably not up to creating any sprites from scratch atm, but I'm willing to spruce up any outdated sprites or any that look like they need some more love.

Really enjoying the patch so far, it brings back the whole excitement of discovering new Pokemon since they're all sprites I've never seen before!

(Also are there even any sprites that still need to be created anyway? Is there an art log or a Google doc for the sprites?)