[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

That Japanese hack is from 2014.

A newer Japanese hack used a lot of sprite from here til Novemeber 2017. This includes my half finished pinsir. There's not much with new sprites as far as I can tell.

Did we ever had a golbat that looked like a succubus in lingerie?

Spoiler

qe20Sbx.png

That's the only one I didn't remember.

Heyy,

i dont know what im doing wrong but i patched it and when i want to play it in PokeMMO it doesent work. It works in a normal Emulator but not in PokeMMO.

I hope someone have an idea and can help me :)

EDIT: ohh and ofc i read the Q&A and did evrything. I used 2 different roms  maybe, when thats my problems and there both are broke, anyone can send me there rom for testing or  so

Edited by Shinoa

How do I actually use this in PokeMMO? I patched the rom and told the game to use the patched rom, however in-game all of the sprites are still the same. I confirmed that the patch was a success by launching the game in VBA.

Edited by Arimil
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, SwordX said:

I patched FireRed using this and LunarIPS, but the resulting ROM loops back to the copyright screen when you meet Professor Oak at the intro.  Can anyone help?

You must use the correct version of Fire Red ROM, that can be easily found. Just spend some time for searching it.

Not to be a party-pooper, but am I the only one who finds it obnoxious that a lot of lurkers, that are unable to read a tutorial on how to patch a ROM keep flooding this specific thread?

I miss the times where McMagister and Moetal were all actively talking about what sprites to tackle next, and people like Iagesthaghardcore joining the fun and create something awesome.

Posts such as the last few that were not relevant to actual Moemon clog the thread, and it's annoying to see for lurkers like me, who just want to check out the Progress of the Moemon Firered project.

That said, I don't want my post to be as redundant as the the ones I'm criticising here, so I would like to ask whether or not there is any way we can help out the project, if we are unable to do spire art ourselves.

For instance, I know of a tremendous sprite artist, which sadly I no longer have contact with, but I would be glad to atleast give it a shot and ask him aout whether or not he's be interested in lending a hand.

Alternatively, one of you guys could ask him yourselves. Might even be more likely for him to help out this way anyway... ^^'

That said, I'm looking forward further updates of both major Moemon projects.

Keep up the good work. :)

I'm fairly new to this as well. I understand Mega is its own thing with gameplay changes, but what's the difference between Revival (This thread), and the one linked in the OP for Mega for gen 3 patches? This one:

I loaded up both with a complete Pokedex save and some of the sprites are different. Sharpedo being the first one that comes to mind. "The Other Moemon Ports" thread version seems to match sprites from the Mega ROM (the one where she looks more like a cop, almost), while the download from this thread seemed to be an older one. Yet this thread is more active.

Changelog on OP for this topic's last update is 9-11-2016 and from "The Other Moemon Ports" thread it seems the last update was April 21, 2018

Can someone fill me in?

In short:

• Revival thread (this thread) - Only HQ final sprites are inserted into the patch. Contains older sprites that haven't had replacements that meet the quality threshold. Contains sprites up through Gen III. No gameplay changes.
  • Mega thread - Looser quality requirements allowed replacing some old sprites where the replacements were rejected in the Revival thread. Contains sprites up through Gen V. Currently missing many sprites. Contains other gameplay changes.
  • Other Ports - Compilation of newest sprites from the other two's latest releases (allowing players to get any Mega thread updates without the linked gameplay changes). Has patch versions for other Gen III games and a MMO mod version as well. Contains sprites up through Gen III on the IPS patches and through Gen V on the MMO mod (which additionally includes placeholder moemon from much older, high-gen moemon postings).

That said I'd like to make sure to iterate that no actual sprite development occurs in the Other Moemon Ports thread though; sprite development is purely limited to this thread and the Mega thread, and all sprites used in the Other Ports are received second hand through the latest releases posted in this and the Mega threads at the time it updates. (And in fact if you posted a sprite there I'd probably just suggest that you repost it in one of the other two threads).

so I just got the patch and it works fine. but in the moemon rom hack I got from gamejolt I could catch starters in the wild, which I cannot do here. I also cannot get cheats to work( not that I ever could) so how am I supposed to complete the pokedex? in case you're wondering I got this patch as I did not like many of the sprites in the gamejolt version.

10 hours ago, OtherPlayers said:

In short:

• Revival thread (this thread) - Only HQ final sprites are inserted into the patch. Contains older sprites that haven't had replacements that meet the quality threshold. Contains sprites up through Gen III. No gameplay changes.
  • Mega thread - Looser quality requirements allowed replacing some old sprites where the replacements were rejected in the Revival thread. Contains sprites up through Gen V. Currently missing many sprites. Contains other gameplay changes.
  • Other Ports - Compilation of newest sprites from the other two's latest releases (allowing players to get any Mega thread updates without the linked gameplay changes). Has patch versions for other Gen III games and a MMO mod version as well. Contains sprites up through Gen III on the IPS patches and through Gen V on the MMO mod (which additionally includes placeholder moemon from much older, high-gen moemon postings).

That said I'd like to make sure to iterate that no actual sprite development occurs in the Other Moemon Ports thread though; sprite development is purely limited to this thread and the Mega thread, and all sprites used in the Other Ports are received second hand through the latest releases posted in this and the Mega threads at the time it updates. (And in fact if you posted a sprite there I'd probably just suggest that you repost it in one of the other two threads).

Perfect, thank you.

Is there a way to view/dump the sprite collections from the latest patch for either version for speedy comparisons, or some google doc collection for each project (I believe I saw some links on other projects, but not one in the OP for this thread)?

I'm guessing you need to use a tool like some of the ones posted earlier in the thread (such as 'Advanced Sprite Position Editor' from the first page) and check manually each one, but I figured I'd ask.