[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Hi! I`m JoZerph (i don`t know why i have a ``H`` on my nick because i say JoZerp, but...)

(About the english, well i learned from videogames, don`t expect much of it, okay?)

Moetal!, WOW awesome hack rom of fire red!, i love it (the idea of cute anime girls is... make my evil mind feel better, Mwahahahah!)

I discovered Moemon because i play hack roms of pokemon but when i saw this hack i wanted to try it. Some days ago i saw this ``forum`` and i have some questions:

1) I saw Moemon Fire Red but i can`t find any Moemon Hoenn (Ruby, Emerald, Saphire) made by you, do you have a rom of moemon hoenn?

2) About the patch: there`s a patch of moemon made by you for pokemon hoenn?

3) Another hack roms: Can i use a moemon patch on a hack rom?.

4)Can i use moemon fire red patch on pokemon hoenn?

5)Magikarp-Tan: It`s only for Fire red based hacks or i can use on pokemon hoenn?

6)Something extra: I like the fire red moemons, can you send me a patch for pokemon hoenn with the moemons of fire red unchanged? (if you have one)

I think that`s all BUT, god! i see waifus everywhere, ho yeah... i`m on heaven!, thank moe god!!!

Those moemons ARE... no i can`t it`s so cute!!!

bdf8e71741a4211916f8c59a43c0cf55fd0fda2d

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have a Nidoqueen but it's like stuck in my party. Whenever I could see the full sprite the game crashes and I have to reset it. I can't switch it move it at all. I added the 2.1 patch, but can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong, or what I could do to fix it? Thanks in advance!

17 hours ago, Deplees said:

Ok so I have a Nidoqueen but it's like stuck in my party. Whenever I could see the full sprite the game crashes and I have to reset it. I can't switch it move it at all. I added the 2.1 patch, but can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong, or what I could do to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Typically, Moemon Revival Project doesn't have bugs, but you're the second person to report a major issue with Nidoqueen. I think this means Giovanni is unpassable.

Edit: The glitch didn't happen for me.

Did you add the 2.1 version on top of another version of moemon?

Edited by Septentrion
3 hours ago, Septentrion said:

Typically, Moemon Revival Project doesn't have bugs, but you're the second person to report a major issue with Nidoqueen. I think this means Giovanni is unpassable.

Edit: The glitch didn't happen for me.

Did you add the 2.1 version on top of another version of moemon?

Not originally. Originally I downloaded 2.0 but the glitch happened so I switched it out for 2.1, and the situation was the same.

I suspect this problem might be a fake clean ROM going around. Non-duplicable bugs would be created by something like that. Unfortionately, no one has provided a different CRC32 hash than DD88761C

It's found by right clicking the file(in this case it's the Clean Firered ROM). Us developers can't do anything if you have non-working version of the game we don't have.

I am trying to import Magikarp-tan to Moemon.... but a number of sprites keep taking the wrong palette.
I'm trying to import sprite + palette data with NSE.... Which worked fine with the backsprites, but not with intro girl, ow face girl, trainer sprite and ending.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... I would appreciate assistance with this.

Edited by mucus
4 minutes ago, JavinAzrael said:

I updated the game file to get the newer sprites and it seems to be working fine with the exception of Spearow, who now currently bares resemblance to the old missing no. sprite from the gen 1 glitch. Help?

Apply the latest patch to a new, clean rom.

I don't know if the issue has been solved elsewhere and going through almost 250 pages of forum post for a chance to find the answer isn't good. Whenever I patch the rom, the game breaks. I try to start the game and it restarts as soon as Oak appears. I've tried getting past that by getting into the game pre-patch, then patching. It does the same thing when trying to choose my starter and when getting into the rival battle. Basically anywhere you would see one of the Pokemon sprites.

I don't know if it's something going wrong in the patching or something wrong with the rom I'm using or what. The Emerald patch on that other thread worked fine for Emerald, but the FireRed and LeafGreen patches on the other thread didn't work either. Any suggestions?

14 hours ago, Septentrion said:

A lot of new Kanto moemon aren't in this. I understand having reservations about some of the stuff in the mega thread, but pirate Koffing has been around forever.

It's moemon, not mutantmon.

I have standards.

• 3 weeks later...