[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Maelstrom

Use whatever you are most comfortable with. I personally use photoshop to scale it down to 64x64 to work, then scale up to 128x128 when posting. I enjoy working in layers, which is also the reason my palette constantly gets messed up. Just keep in mind 15 colors + 1 background color if you don't want to end up like me.

25 minutes ago, Kickern said:

@Maelstrom

Turn off anti-aliasing when drawing pixels, it looks blurry like that if you don't.  You've got about 1000 colors in that image.

As far as design goes, she looks pretty good so far (I like the hair), so keep at it.

Ah, thanks! The blur thing was really bothering me but I didn't knew how to deal with it.

The image link I posted before is dead for now because the site is off, but this is the reference:

Spoiler

EyFOVwc.jpg

@edit

I will probably have to re-do the whole shit...

SAI has anti-aliasing on everything excpet the binary pen, do you guys recommend any program?

Edited by Maelstrom

Hello, I'm a super old user who came back

I remember using this patch first time I played pokemmo, but now I keep getting fatal errors

Basically, I patch the .gba file but then when I play I find some sprites at the wrong place or missingno-style, and when I start a battle the game crashes. Am I doing something wrong perhaps?

I was doing well with the HG one, but I noticed some sprites missing so I wanted to go back to the gba graphic

If this is in the wrong section I'm sorry

Just now, ZeroNyxMaxwell said:

Okay I just managed to do it by downloading an already patched fire red rom. I still wonder what did I do wrong

Pre-patched ROMs are likely not up to date with latest sprites. As Moetal said get a clean U version Fire Red ROM and use the latest patch.

2 hours ago, DrFeelsIt said:

Oh crap. we are continuing? not to sound like a broken record but what sprites need to be worked on?

I maintain a list on another thread. There's no requirement that they be the ones that are worked on though.

On 7/5/2017 at 7:53 PM, Septentrion said:
  • Kadabra (BSprt only)
  • Alakazam (BSprt only)
  • Krabby (BSprt only)
  • Hitmonlee
  • Hitmonchan (debatable quality)