[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@FaleafDargon

Try repatching. That used to happen to me with metagross. 

@Moetal

bird2_4.png (128×128)->bird3.png (128×128)

And on the upside chance ringlets grow on ya ;D

bird4_1.png (128×128)

Edit

Anyway we can incorporate these into the birds' designs. 

Kinda like the eggs in puella? 

Thoughts? 

Theyre from the second pokemon movie in case you were wonderingtumblr_mwxo3d3zfF1soprl5o2_250.gif (250×183)

tumblr_mwxo3d3zfF1soprl5o3_400.gif (320×234)

tumblr_mwxo3d3zfF1soprl5o1_400.gif (320×234)

Edited by CrookedWings427

@Moetal

I liked Articuno's old gentle face with the forehead showing more than the most recent edits.  Other than that, I think she looks good.  I remember Magi mentioned before how the wings looked off.  Articuno's looks better now, but Zapdos' and Moltres' wings still need to be fixed.  I'm ok with how Zapdos looks otherwise.  Moltres' body doesn't look right to me; maybe it's just her arms, or maybe there's more wrong with the sprite besides that.  I don't know, but I'm the least happy with Moltres at the moment.  I still like toottoot's design sketches for Articuno and Moltres from a while ago more than what we have right now.

I don't think anything good will come out of further Latias alterations.

I did some things with Wailord. It's basically a sketch.

yEmovwx.png

I have a feeling we will need to be most unorthodox with Wialord. Here were my objectives with Wialord going in.

1) Chest, because huge. (Success)

2) Tall, Because huge (75% Success)

3) Sit on butt, because heavy and huge. (Meh)

4) Cover her back up and leave her actual weight ambigous (Failed)

Edited by Septentrion

@Septentrion

The Wailord we have now is cute. Her dress could be hiding legs you know.

Actual Critique:

The chest is WAY too big, especially with the skinny body you gave her. She is disproportionate (her legs are way too long). The legs are positioned in a way that they might as well be made of rubber. Arms are too small.

@Moetal I can't say I'm feeling it for any of the birds.  They don't inspire the awe or reverence that Ho-oh, Lugia and Kyogre do.  Articuno is the best though, in terms of both design and overall quality.

Moltres' right arm (left from our perspective) is too long.  Hardcore's legs edit is better than before.  I feel the previous Moltres face was better too.  Hairstyle seems similar to Zapdos.

Zapdos is a technically good sprite, but the design could be pushed further?

@laGashetaHardcore @Septentrion

I see two different sprites for Wailord forming.  Hardcore's sprite looks better, but the legs seem off; her left leg looks like it was twisted, and her right leg looks too big.  Septen's idea to cross her legs could work, but they'd have to be redrawn.  I think most of the back leg (that is being crossed) should be hidden behind the front leg (that is crossing).  Study some reference photos or something when redrawing.  Also, I know I said Wailord can have a bigger chest, but I think it can be shrunk down about 30 - 40% and still be sufficient.  As far as design goes, Wailord is a water type, so Septen's costume design makes more sense imo.  Science?  Science!

Edited by Kickern