[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Does anyone happen to know if there's a Sprite Position Editor for Platinum?

I managed to stumble upon a Moemon Platinum but the backsprites are cutting off their midsections and I know the one included with Magikarp-tan isn't going to do it :p

(Btw, love the work here; just wish the Revival Project "resurrected" ;D)

(Really though, what you do is appreciated)

Edited by NekoGato
59 minutes ago, Solopower said:

Is there a particular set of skills required to continue this project? I've only just stumbled across this and what has already been achieved is amazing. It would be a shame to let it die.

I don't know if anyone is actually working on anything right now, but the two skills most likely to help are sprite ripping and sprite art.

HeavyMecha was working on the sprite rips last I heard.

For B/W 80x80 of the Unova starter lines. Any fifth gen pokemon in 80x80 would be helpful. OtherPlayers hasn't said much and I don't blame him/her with the lack of sprites to work with.

I won't be able to work on the mega386plus project sooner than Summer. The most helpful thing would be 64x64 Megas of the Kanto starters. The ROM has 802 slots already so I won't be pushing any limits soon.

Edited by Septentrion

Is it possible for someone to atleast add in the sprites that we're recently finished,they look better than the old ones. I asked moetal,but got no reply-(Sry for bad English)

Or maybe I'm being too Hasty so I apologize if I offend someone 

Edited by TheFotgottenTrainer
I kinda sounded like a bad person
3 hours ago, DrFeelsIt said:

what sprites are there to work on?

All of them(494 to 649)

A decent trick to get quality first forms is to fuse and old first and second forms with the second form as a base. However, there aren't even old versions of many of these for gen 5. Here's one full line of some normal type, Snivy, Serperior, and two emboars. Remember that you got 14 extra pixels each direction for the large moes.

p0hbsqU.pngaOLoqlN.png

f2xyJY2.pngjxdRhJX.png

0PBYkns.pnghMhvAGP.pngk77PtjW.png

While we're on the subject, I think an updated Magikarp-tan would honor the project's 3rd year anniversary (with it having started just this past March, three years ago).

I'm not versed in the arts, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Well if nothing more is going to happen I might as well post some stuff I have:

I kept around one of the releases that was a sprite mod for PokeMMO and have added a lot of the updated sprites to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyws9c8fhq43zlt/Moemon Revival Project Razar51 Edit.zip?dl=0

You should be able to just throw the .zip into the mods folder and load it into PokeMMO.

I made a python script to make it easier to take compiled sprites (where all 4 sprites are stitched into 1 image) and split them into the 4 separate images with specific names required for sprite mods: https://www.dropbox.com/s/crylhiken7dh9l2/ImageSplit.py?dl=0

As a small bonus:

Spoiler

not a moemon but here is an Anthromon Vaporeon I've had sitting around for a while

AnthroVaporeon.png

Edited by razar51

I never heard of Pokemon Moemon until the last month

the first thinking was, oh man whats that... a friend asked me to put it on his 3ds.

After I almost finish it by the end of the game, i have to say some sprites are a bit to much Childish-looking and make me feel a bit wierd to catch them

but also how much fun this game was with a more human-look like style and this time i nearly catched every pokemon, just to see them.

I also tried to moemon omega fire red roms from others, But compared to them this was the only one i really liked.

Just wanted to say thanks to all, who helped to create the 2.0 ips patch.

You guys did a very good job, i would pay 10€ for this modification.

Doesnt know anything about rom hacking and style creation, but if you create a next moemon (hope with this quality) i offer you a small webspace + privatecloud capacity (30GB) on my server for 2 years.

Hey I'm new here, just came across it looking for Moemon roms! Sprites look amazing nothing like any other I've seen (although I've only played moemon for like 2 weeks...) point is this is a great project and it has what seems to be an awesome community working on it!

• Kizhaz locked this topic
  • Zehkar unlocked this topic
7 hours ago, Moetal said:

@CrookedWings427

See the Mega Moemon thread. I've recently did some changes to the Kanto starters. I'm working on Johto starters right now.

I'm antisocial. I made some edits to Ivysaur. 

E2v8axv.png-->

L8ujNIj.png

Also, rather than using my phone to sprite, I now have a tablet PC. So if their are any pokes that need a new sprite I'd like to give it a try with my pen.  Otherwise I'll stick with edits.

4 hours ago, Moetal said:

@CrookedWings427

The body fix is nice, but the hair is a bit overly "pillowed".

Reveal hidden contents

Apple-2.png

Hopefully it improved. Thank you for the guide!

L8ujNIj.png-- >

pR0fgwV.png

Edit: the hair behind her right (our left) shoulder could probably use less shading. I'll get to it x.x

Edit 2:

BJKcjFF.png

@laGashetaHardcore

heh sorry ive been busy ^-^'

Edited by CrookedWings427

@laGashetaHardcore

No comments on other sprites until starters are done.

Chiko3_25.png

Break time for me

@CrookedWings427

I still think the old backsprite's hair shape is better looking. Your frontsprite's front bang shading is literally a giant highlight blob now =/

I think we need to have some terminology - let's call front sprite as FSPR and back sprite as BSPR from now on, so I don't have to say "front of front sprite, back of backsprite etc". LMK if you got better suggestion.

Edited by Moetal

6WY7awE.jpgThese sprites were fairly well done, however, the arms are somewhat bent like melted plastic, moving the arms to be closer to a cleaner angle with the hand in the back sprites and fixing the front sprites similarly may help (but keeping the hands where they are) terribly sorry, I am on a mobile device with abhorrent picture apps

Edited by JustHere
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dictionary said:

Can I help? I promise I'll focus more at helping than making my own sprites ... Please??

BTW. I tried making a backsprite of Chikorita using the base... 

44pPQBV.png

Edit: I cant do hands :(

I actually made it in the other thread. Check out the mega moemon thread and see if you can fix that one.