[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

jO8RsOh.pngdhGDrsy.png

30KFltu.png

We came a long way haven't we?

@Kickern

I feel having the glove looks nicer than bare hand. Maybe blue gloves instead of the bronze color would look better. Wasn't shiny Tentacool purple? Can't we make shiny Tentacruel purple also? 

Lache's porygon draft. Surprisingly cute but won't be completed like 99% of her sprites.

iMHeyPM.png

Edited by Moetal

@laGashetaHardcore

Wow, already?  I mean, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised...  But still, those were just announced yesterday.  That being said, I'd love to see the fire kitty as a moemon.

@Moetal

Yeah, purple and green for shiny, while the normal colors are blue and red for moe Tentacool.  On Tentacruel, isn't that a bare hand above her knee on her right side?  Gloves are ok; I just like to have symmetry, personally.

Porygon is arguably one of the hardest Pokemon to make a good moe design for because of all its blocky sharp edges.  Losing all those sharp edges is an interesting take on the moemon.  Although, Porygon2 is the one that's all about that roundness.  I don't know how I feel about it...  I guess Porygon2 could just be a more grown-up version of this?

1 hour ago, Kickern said:

Wow, already?  I mean, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised...  But still, those were just announced yesterday.  That being said, I'd love to see the fire kitty as a moemon.

It's basically just a catgirl.

Spoiler

46LcI08.png

Kuromiya made the best art so far.

Edited by Septentrion

Hugequaza was huge like rayquaza, but not slender like Rayquaza. Therefor, I found the one pokemon that fits best with her theme. I think the eyes may be a problem.

M6tPmfG.pngV11JQX2.png

I guess moetal was going for skin and aggression for Rayquaza. Dress was important. Me editing hat would have been disaster. Colors not fixed.

O9HNIrI.pngny8mtz7.png

Edited by Septentrion

@laGashetaHardcore

That Porygon looks pretty good, but I don't think we need the eye on the hat.  Also, something feels off about her legs, but I don't know what.  Maybe a different pose?

@Septentrion

Wailord with large breasts makes sense.  I like that idea, but a lot more work needs to be done in terms of design.

Take a look at this:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=12278510

Edit:

Just for fun, more new starters gijinka:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56863624

Edited by Kickern
15 hours ago, GizmoTheGreen said:

hey guys, I applied patch 1.9 to fireread us rom and pallet town is glitched out af can't continue the game.

101 Guide to people with problems using the moemon mod.

1- Are you moding to play PokeMMO?

If you answered #1 by yes, then visit the support page on the forum. If the problem still persists, try contacting the moderators at the bottom of the webpage. 

If you answered #1 by no, then feel free to deal with it yourself. World hunger is not my problem, nor is dealing with your issue either.

Edited by Alphernal
Correction

@Nerak55

Spearow looks good except for the outlines of the wings, maybe try replacing some of the black with the darkest red. See before for what I had in mind, in different color.

yySqFDq.png?1

Glalie looks like she's missing her neck. Move the body down/head up. The lower back of her hair feels a bit unnatural for the two tied hair. Alternatively, we can remove the twintails completely for both front and back if we are having too much trouble with it.

Edited by Moetal

It's the left shoulder joint that's still making it look slightly weird (the right one is much better, and the hair covering conceals any slight misplacement left). Basically the curve on the shoulder breaks the realistic neck+collar+shoulder curve, which makes it look like the joint is located outside of the main part of the body (rather than slightly inside of it). Here's a bad paint skeleton drawing for how to fix it.

Spoiler

Current sprite (notice the disjoint in the left shoulder):          Proper shoulder location

Oi0E0wn.png          iCH2JmA.png

Just adjust that shoulder joint location upwards and rightwards to the location shown and I think a lot of the last bits of weird feeling should fix themselves at that point.

If you do decide to go with the pigtails you might also consider adding just a few pixels visible in the front sprite; a tiny portion of the right pigtail should be visible over her shoulder in the front sprite at the current angles.