[Tournament] General PSL Thread - Congratulations to the Delibirds!

fPaHkZS.png

Made by eggrol

Introduction; The PokeMMO Super League
Welcome, to maybe the most competitive experience you will ever experience in your life time experience of PokeMMO. The PokeMMO Super League (or in short PSL) is a league where the best players clash against each other as their lazy ass managers sit back and enjoy the slaughter. Managers get appointed and set together their own team by buying players, which manager will be able to put together the champions of the first season of PSL?

Managers:
Managers are sort of the team leaders of their teams. Managers handle the team finances and appoint their players to their battles each week. As a manager you have the responsibility of the whole team on you, if something were to happen, you are held responsible for that.

As a manager your most important role is (surprise, surprise) managing your team and also putting a team of players together. As a manager you will get 50.000cr at the beginning of a season. With these credits you can bid on players to try and get them in your team. More on this later.

Once you got enough players for your team you’ll assign players to their battles of the upcoming week. You PM me with the list example:

NlCEGUY – OU
LeGaryOak – UU
Amanu – Doubles
Etc, etc.

As a manager you can not participate in battles yourself. Also, once you are assigned a manager you should come up with a teamname that will carry through the whole season.

Note that I will handpick managers from the sign up thread, it’s not on first come first serve basis. This is because managers are a vital part of the competition and I need to be sure that managers are players that will stay fairly active through the season.

The Auction and player sign ups:
After the managers are appointed it’s time for players to sign up. The sign up format looks like this:

IGN: Archinix
Roles/Tiers: UU, NU, ADV OU
Timezone: EST

After all the sign ups are done I will make a thread with every player that signed up listed, the auction may begin! The minimum bid on any player will be 2.000cr, the minimum raise on an existing bid will be 250cr. So you can only raise by: 250, 500, 750, 1.250cr etc. This is to prevent annoying 1cr raises and other bullcrap.

Obviously only managers can bid on players. The auction will last for about a week, if by that time some managers still don’t have enough players there will be additional time. As a player you don’t get to choose for which manager you want to play, the manager that has the highest bid on you will ‘own’ you and you’ll play for them, like some sort of contract. The auction will look like this:

Amanu – Current highest bid: Team Wafflebusters 12.000cr
Fujimura – Current highest bid: Team Sausage 5.000cr
Marsus – Current highest bid: Team Parasect Overlords 5.250cr
Felixxx – Current highest bid: -
MsMayl – Current highest bid: Team NotSoSmart 25.000cr

Managers can raise their bids by PM’ing me. So for example if the manager of team Parasect Overlords PMs me with: 5500 on Fujimura I will update the thread accordingly:

Fujimura – Current highest bid: Team Parasect Overlords 5.500cr

Just remember as a manager you only have 50.000cr to get your team together. Also remember you might want to have some extra players in case some of your ‘main team’ can’t make it for a specific week.

The format:
Right now I don’t know what format will be used, I first need to feel out how many players will sign up and how much interest there is for all formats expect at least these four formats though: PokeMMO OU, UU, NU and Doubles. Depending on how many players we actually get I might add: an extra OU, UU, NU or Doubles format and the ADV OU format (played on either Showdown or PokemonOnline).

PSL Schedule (assuming 6 teams):
Week 1: Manager and player sign ups.
Week 2: Player auctions.
Week 3: Preparation week, optional extra auctions.
Week 4-13: League Stages
Week 14: MVP Cup

PSL League Stages:

[spoiler]Week 1:

Maniacal Metapods vs The Quintessential Qwilfish

iGoturPistola vs Dashing Blue Delibird Gangsta's

Lavender Lanturns vs Team Riga

Week 2:

Dashing Blue Delibird Gangsta's vs Maniacal Metapods

Lavender Lanturns vs The Quintessential Qwilfish

Team Riga vs iGoturPistola

Week 3:

Maniacal Metapods vs Lavender Lanturns

Dashing Blue Delibird Gangsta's vs Team Riga

The Quintessential Qwilfish vs iGoturPistola

Week 4:

Team Riga vs Maniacal Metapods

iGoturPistola vs Lavender Lanturns

The Quintessential Qwilfish vs Dashing Blue Delibird Gangsta's

Week 5:

Maniacal Metapods vs iGoturPistola

Team Riga vs The Quintessential Qwilfish

Lavender Lanturns vs Dashing Blue Delibird Gangsta's

Week 6-10 ^[/spoiler]

Prizes:
I actually bothered to get prizes for this. First of all the main prize is GLORY and you can call yourself the best of season 1 PSL! For now we will only give prizes to first place, sorry second place.
1st place prize: 1mil for each player of the team, 2mil for the manager of the team + Signatures
MVP Cup winner: Average tier shiny + Signature, Manager: 10.000 extra credits for the next season

PSL Underdog: Shiny Ratata

A huge thanks to Mauru2, Archinix, YagamiNoir, g0dpower, TheRealMe and imguridiancity for helping me out with prizes!

MVP Cup:
The MVP Cup is the clash between the best of each team. The manager of the top 2 teams picks 2 players which may participate in the MVP Cup. For the teams that place 3rd  to 6th, you may only pick one player. The MVP Cup will be a knock out tournament of 8 players (maybe double elim) in the OU-format.

PSL Underdog:

Shiny Rattata for whoever wins the biggest upset. This will be determined by the difference in credits paid for the player. If you were purchased for 2k credits and beat someone who cost 20k credits, then your best upset is by 18k. - imgur

Regarding Sportsmanship:
[spoiler]It’s fine to have a little bit of drama, in fact in can make the whole PSL experience more enjoyable. Don’t push it though and please refrain from flaming excessively. Try to keep interaction on a human level so we can all avoid large scale drama’s. Picking on players is fine as long as it doesn’t turn in to harassment.[/spoiler]

Regarding ‘coaching’ or ‘ghosting’:
[spoiler]To all managers and players I would like to say please refrain from coaching someone or how some like to call it ‘ghosting’ matches. As a manager or a team member you should have confidence in the ability of your teammate. As a player standing from the sidelines you should have respect for a player’s ability.
Helping with practicing is absolutely fine and helping with teambuilding is also good, in fact I would encourage these activities. The grey area is telling what an opponent’s Pokémon set could be or what a player should watch out for. Some battlers find this irritating as it can ruin the surprises but some are fine with it.[/spoiler]

Regarding getting your battles done:
[spoiler]This is largely in the players’ hands and there is not much to do about it. I can however try to award the player that is actively trying to get his match done as opposed to neglecting someone’s effort. Follow these guidelines to get your battle done in time or to at least secure a victory for your team in case of player inactivity.

Every week will have a separate thread with in it the week's match-ups and including a deadline for that week's matches.

Within 48 hours after the Weekly Match-Ups are posted:

• PM your opponent with at least 3 different time ranges you will be available, at least 2 must be at least 24 hours apart.
  • Post in the thread stating that you have contacted your opponent.
  • If neither opponent does this: you risk a substitution (getting put out of a team due to inactivity) or a no-contest match. Don't risk yourself or your own team.

Within 72 hours after the Weekly Match-Ups are posted:

• Respond to your opponent either agreeing to one of the proposed times or, if none of them work for you, respond with at least 3 time ranges that will work for you
  • When a time is agreed on, post in the weekly thread with the time of the battle
  • If you do not respond before the 72 hour limit: you must still respond 48 hours before the deadline.

48 Hours before the Weekly Deadline:

• If neither opponent has PM'd with a time: The match is considered no-contest and does not count for either team.
  • If your opponent responds but doesn't do that within 72 hours of the Weekly Match-Ups are posted you are required to respond in 24 hours. You may accept the times given by your opponent or give 3+ new times that your opponent has to accept.
  • If one opponent PM'd within the timeframe and did not receive a response from the other player: The player who did not respond forfeits the match. It is a Win for the player who sent a PM and a Loss for the player who failed to respond.

Of course after the battle is done report in the weekly thread that you won or lost w/e.

Huge thanks to Imgur for summarizing it in a clearer way and to Aldaron from Smogon for the system.[/spoiler]

Regarding usage statistics:
[spoiler]Usage statistics are just a part of the PSL and as you signed up you agreed to the terms. I have to know the six Pokémon you used for whichever week so I can add it to the statistics. Now you can give me your team before or after your battle has been done. As I am a neutral party and absolutely unbiased I can promise you your team will not be exposed. If you already know which six Pokémon you are going to use I would advise you to PM me your team beforehand in case you forget.

In case you already battled you can still PM me but it’s also fine to state your team in the weekly thread. Whichever suits your biscuit best. If I don’t get a team from a player I will notify the manager of that player, if the player still neglects to do so I may give him a penalty (not being able to play matches for x weeks) or even substitution. [/spoiler]

Regarding ADV OU:

[spoiler]3rd gen OU, or ADV OU, like it's generally called is the 'complete' third gen meta. This means it follows the smogon rules for ADV OU. The list of OU Pokémon according to smogon can be found here, borderline, UU. Of course the third gen meta is not available on PokeMMO this is why these specific matches are played on Showdown.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Team Builder:[spoiler]

7EdeL.jpg[/spoiler]

Choose the correct format:[spoiler]

7Edmo.jpg[/spoiler]

Make your team:

[spoiler]7EdtH.jpg[/spoiler]

Note: Showdown shows all moves possible in all gens, however you can't use moves like Bullet Punch or Reversal on Dugtrio because they are not part the ADV OU meta.

When challenging your opponent to a battle agree upon a time and a 'lobby' find your opponent and challenge him, choose the right format (3rd gen OU) and click challenge.

[spoiler]7EdLF.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Usage Statistics:
The PSL will have their own usage statistics. This is a very important part, after winning or losing your match post in the appropriate thread (every week will have a separate thread) and also add the team that you used (only the Pokémon not the movesets). ‘B-but scouts..’ you are scouted anyway, it won’t make a difference. Also scouting is part of any competitive game *wink* and you should be changing up your team a bit every week, at least that’s my advice.

Battling:
The actual battles don’t have a set date or time, they only have a deadline. Every Sunday of the week all matches MUST’VE been done. You PM your opponent to schedule a date and time to battle, notify your team members if you like or battle in secret it doesn’t matter. The only exception to this rule is the Doubles format, schedule a time and date and notify in the appropriate thread when you will battle. I will assign a referee for that battle. (Cauz bugs).

Any more questions may be asked in this thread do no sign up in this thread, let the boasting begin!

FAQ:
[spoiler]What are credits, do you mean ingame money?
No, credits are just a fake currency in which we'll be working with in the PSL.

Manager: Can I bid something like 300cr over an existing bid?
No, you can only bid 250cr or 250 times 'x' credits over an existing bid.

More to be added.[/spoiler]

Edited by ThinkNice

9voYf.png

Dashing Blue Delibird Gangsta's:

[spoiler]9vnJy.png[/spoiler]

iGoturPistola:

[spoiler]9vp57.png[/spoiler]

Lavender Lanturns:

[spoiler]9vnEr.png[/spoiler]

Maniacal Metapods:

[spoiler]9vp8b.png[/spoiler]

Team Riga:

[spoiler]9vnRA.png[/spoiler]

The Quintessential Qwilfish:

[spoiler]9vnVy.png[/spoiler]

Edited by ThinkNice

Replays:[spoiler]Week 1:[spoiler]

LeTyrone vs BurntZebra

Fishtickles vs Goldgeneyes

AugustRed vs DoctorPBC[/spoiler]

Week2:

[spoiler]Goldeneyes vs NightLucifer

DoctorPBC vs BurntZebra

Fishtickles vs Robofiend[/spoiler]

Week3:

[spoiler]BurntZebra vs Fishtickles[/spoiler]

Week4:

[spoiler]DoctorPBC vs Amanu

BurntZebra vs Pokennon

Fishtickles vs Kizhaz[/spoiler]

Week5:

[spoiler]Amanu vs Pokennon

Ploegy vs Kizhaz

DoctorPBC vs Fishtickles[/spoiler]

Week6:

[spoiler]Fishtickles vs Varathorn

Kizhaz vs DoctorPBC

BurntZebra vs Amanu[/spoiler]

Week7:

[spoiler]BurntZebra vs DoctorPBC

Kizhaz vs Varathorn

Amanu vs Fishtickles[/spoiler]

Week8:

[spoiler]Amanu vs Kizhaz

Fishtickles vs BurntZebra

DoctorPBC vs Varathorn[/spoiler]

Week9:

[spoiler]Amanu vs DoctorPBC

Kizhaz vs Linken

Varathorn vs Raptori[/spoiler]

Week10:

[spoiler]Amanu vs Varathorn

Linken vs DoctorPBC

Nightwingx vs Kizhaz[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

OU

[spoiler]9vm6f.png[/spoiler]

UU

[spoiler]9vliL.png[/spoiler]

NU

[spoiler]9vlAi.png[/spoiler]

Doubles

[spoiler]9derM.png[/spoiler]

ADV OU

[spoiler]9vngm.png[/spoiler]

Edited by ThinkNice

Added an extra bonus for the manager of the player that would win the MVP Cup! Also added a small FAQ, only two questions for now :p

Would be great if you could add a "place bet" feature where not-participating players can get more entertainment out of it :)

Would be cool, only I wouldn't do it. Somebody else should figure out that system.

Fujimura – Current highest bid: Team Sausage 5.000cr

Managers can raise their bids by PM’ing me. So for example if the manager of team Parasect Overlords PMs me with: 5500 on Fujimura I will update the thread accordingly:

Fujimura – Current highest bid: Team Parasect Overlords 5.500cr

If I was Fellixx i would begin to hate on thinknice...