Hide and Seek

Players are invited to 10 rounds of Hide and Seek. The first player in each round to locate the host and send a trade request will win 100 Reward Points.

Details

Date: Friday, March 14 (14/03/14)

Time: 3am PDT (Los Angeles) | 6am EDT (New York) | 10am GMT (London) | 9pm AEDT (Sydney)

Time conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Hide+%26+Seek&iso=20140314T21&p1=240&ah=1

Your host: GM Patrick

Rules

• The host will be hiding in a random channel.
  • Event-related information will be shared via Global Chat.
  • The event host will announce at the start of each round that he is ready to be found. From that point players will be able to search for the host.
  • The first player to send a trade request to the host will win the round.
  • Any attempt to cheat in any way will result in disqualification.
  • Access to any and all currently accessible in-game areas may be required.

Prize

100 Reward Points per round

No signups/registration are required, so just turn up and participate!

Stop being hard on him. He just happens to enjoy hosting events that casuals enjoy, or hide and seek "professionals". There are other staff members who usually host tournaments, go bother them for some.

I do agree there needs to be more tournaments but it's just not what Patrick does, he doesn't need to be sassed at just because other staff are failing to continue to host their specialties. There's no need to discourage him from hosting events too. 

Stop being hard on him. He just happens to enjoy hosting events that casuals enjoy, or hide and seek "professionals". There are other staff members who usually host tournaments, go bother them for some.

I do agree there needs to be more tournaments but it's just not what Patrick does, he doesn't need to be sassed at just because other staff are failing to continue to host their specialties. There's no need to discourage him from hosting events too.

thats not why I was being hard him ;p

Patrick is a game master... it should be the game masters responsibility to keep the game fun, if he is the master of the game then should he not be organizing other events aswell.

scumbagpatrick_zpsb5e53ad9.png

treat people how you wanna be treated is all I can really say

Archi, I adore you but do you want Patrick to harp on you for the things you do and ask for other things?

Patrick is a game master... it should be the game masters responsibility to keep the game fun, if he is the master of the game then should he not be organizing other events aswell.

scumbagpatrick_zpsb5e53ad9.png

Do you want an inexperienced person reffing and hosting a tournament? I know it's a common complaint that "refs don't know what they're doing at official tournaments", Patrick is a smart guy but he doesn't have a ton of experience with tournaments. Let him stick with what he does well and enjoys, and go sass at the people who usually host. I understand your opinion but just because you won't enjoy this event doesn't mean there aren't people who appreciate it. 

Aww I think Patrick is getting a bit of a hard time here. Since I've been playing I've never seen him host a tournament (well maybe one I'm not sure) he has always done these events. I always assumed the other GMs were in charge of tournaments and he did this sort of stuff.

Archi, I adore you but do you want Patrick to harp on you for the things you do and ask for other things?

Do you want an inexperienced person reffing and hosting a tournament? I know it's a common complaint that "refs don't know what they're doing at official tournaments", Patrick is a smart guy but he doesn't have a ton of experience with tournaments. Let him stick with what he does well and enjoys, and go sass at the people who usually host. I understand your opinion but just because you won't enjoy this event doesn't mean there aren't people who appreciate it. 

I want the game master to get his underlings to start doing things... ya know to try and keep the sinking ship from sinking.

And the complaint that refs dont know what they're doing stems from the fact that they are complete imbeciles

I want the game master to get his underlings to start doing things... ya know to try and keep the sinking ship from sinking.

And the complaint that refs dont know what they're doing stems from the fact that they are complete imbeciles

As a GM he doesn't oversee anyone's hosting activities. He's not allowed to tell people to do certain things on staff, only the SGMs+ are allowed to, even if he does some polite nudging people may get their feelings hurt.

Regardless, I don't know if you'd enter a tournament at 5AM EST. 

Anyway, I understand what you want, and why, and I do think you should be getting more official tournaments. I just felt badly since I know Patrick has little to nothing to do with tournaments. 

roar.

I get it either way \o/ When me you & Cipher were staff, the events were coming out of our yings and our yangs, community events, quizzes, tournaments you name it

Aww I think Patrick is getting a bit of a hard time here. Since I've been playing I've never seen him host a tournament (well maybe one I'm not sure) he has always done these events. I always assumed the other GMs were in charge of tournaments and he did this sort of stuff.

You get in shit if you even think you're "in charge" of anything.

roar.

rawr.

5 am EST? why so early?

You can accommodate some of the timezones all of the time, and all of the timezones some of the time, but you cannot accommodate all of the timezones all of the time.

No one cares bout this crap

Perhaps you don't, but I think you're not in a position to speak for the crowds that have turned up for past iterations of this event and will continue to participate when we host more of them.

I know you guys have the requirement to host an event, but can you guys do an actual event I don't know, I think they were called "tournaments" ?

We are always looking at new tournaments to run but this event happens to be something different. It's not as though this event is preventing us from also doing tournaments.

It's not really a matter of "in charge", but yes I do personally prefer to run non-tournament events while others like tournaments.

I don't have underlings. This strikes me as very strange advice.

Keep the childish comments in your head please. Constructive feedback as always is welcome in this thread.

goodjob patrick making these events

altough i feel like there should be a balance between all the events even if its not that easy to do atm

these events are nice but the comp tourny's shouldn't be forgotten about

i don't care if patrick is in charge of wich events but keep up the good work, don't do shit for this unthankfull community and just keep making the events you like :)

goodjob patrick making these events

altough i feel like there should be a balance between all the events even if its not that easy to do atm

these events are nice but the comp tourny's shouldn't be forgotten about

i don't care if patrick is in charge of wich events but keep up the good work, don't do shit for this unthankfull community and just keep making the events you like :)

#Goodguytwofist

I support this

Players are invited to 10 rounds of Hide and Seek. The first player in each round to locate the host and send a trade request will win 100 Reward Points.

Details

Date: Friday, March 14 (14/03/14)

Time: 2am PST (Los Angeles) | 5am EST (New York) | 10am GMT (London) | 9pm AEDT (Sydney)

Time conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Hide+%26+Seek&iso=20140314T21&p1=240&ah=1

Your host: GM Patrick

Rules

• The host will be hiding in a random channel.
  • Event-related information will be shared via Global Chat.
  • The event host will announce at the start of each round that he is ready to be found. From that point players will be able to search for the host.
  • The first player to send a trade request to the host will win the round.
  • Any attempt to cheat in any way will result in disqualification.
  • Access to any and all currently accessible in-game areas may be required.

Prize

100 Reward Points per round

No signups/registration are required, so just turn up and participate!

So, you'll wait 2 min during each round for the cooldown channel? Or all hosts will be at the same channel given at the D-Day?