[Art] [Screenshot] PokeMMO on Android

Hey! A few days ago we received a "confirmation" of something what caught my attention. I'm talking about the support of the client for devices with Android (here the post). Since this was thinking how the client can looks like on small devices, I decided to do some mockups and sketches. Of course i invite everybody to post their ideas, maybe developers can be inspired with our arts  ;) .

Okay starting with the over wold, of course this game have a lot of menus and buttons, so its impossible fit this. With a lot of element hidden I designed something like this:

image.png

Now point by point:

• Cursors for move our character, more than obvious we don't have a physical keyboard on our phone/tablet (excluding some exceptions), that mean adding the arrow keys on some corner its necessary. Also the function keys (accept/decline or Z/X).
  • The Menu replaced with icons, and indicators. Starting from letf: Social button, can open our social list / team roster. With the indicator of how many people is online. Next one is messages button, with indicator of whispers / new interactions. Of course can be linked with upcoming mailing feature. And the last button for popup menus, and the rest of settings, of course this is only an example, and more icons can be added on the screen, but of course more icons = less space on the screen.
  • The party bar of course with our pokemons, tapping on the pokemon open the summary window.
  • I forgot to put the hotkey bar in the image (lol), just imagine is here, fast access to the bag items etc.

Also about the chat, can't be displayed all the time, so the best solution i can think is a popup chat, tapping on the icon of messages, can looks like this:

[spoiler]image.png[/spoiler]

In this case i'm not sure where the keyboard can be displayed (but i'm going to redo the chat concept anyways).

In near future i'm going to add more images, and again I invite everybody for post their ideas here.

Edited by Musica
adjusted your title tag a touch

I think putting the arrow keys to the left and a/b keys to the right would be better, since people hold a tablet/phone like that.
Start/friends/chat buttons in the middle
Also maybe a popup when some1 pms you?

Except the pop up because it would disturb you so many times if someone spams n u keep getting popups

A notification like thing like we get on facebook and Sam's 1st line

I think putting the arrow keys to the left and a/b keys to the right would be better, since people hold a tablet/phone like that.
Start/friends/chat buttons in the middle
Also maybe a popup when some1 pms you?

About the arrow keys and function keys i agree completely, is more ergonomic to hold the phone / tablet and play with both hands.

But about the menu buttons on the middle i'm not sure at all, on the middle we can put the hotkey bar (top or bottom).

And the chat need fix, since the keyboard just does not fit on the screen. Something like the facebook messenger for phones, this can be agood solution, chat covering all the screen, with different tabs and middle chat box, middle keyboard on the screen.

Anyways fixed the keys distribution:

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

it is old post.
but I have been googling for a while to find a way to play pokememmo on smart devices.

option #1 root a device and get linux (but might have performance issue's)
option #2 wait for their release (it is already 2015, I just hope they didnt cancel the idea)

now my suggestions:
1- the option to make the keys dispensary because some ppl have android controllers
2- the ability to change transparency level on the touch keys . so they don't block view completely or take space from the small screens like phones
3- have in settings the key mapping ability / controller mode. like u can find in android emulators

I am planning to buy Nvidia shield tablet. and hopefully by that time they get this released. otherwise will have to try to get linus on the tablet and install pokemmo linux client 

Nice idea and stuff but why is it not in suggestions? This is creative media and just being there's a screenshot doesn't make it art.

because its art of what pokemmo on android could look like.

very nice mockup, but not like we'll ever get pokemmo on android.
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Kizhaz changed the title to [Art] [Screenshot] PokeMMO on Android