Shiny Warning

Sammier

Question

Don't you hate it when you accidentely kill a shiny while eving? (this haven't happend to me before but i've heard some stories from friends who did) So i came up with this suggestion.

It's a Shiny Warning. When you click on a move while you are in battle with a wild shiny, a window will pop up asking: 'Are you sure you want to hit the shiny pokemon?'

A simple message like this will prevent (especially new) players from killing a shiny.

People might say: 'You should just pay attention' or 'it's your own fault'.

But upon using a Masterball, you also get a warning. So why shouldn't you get one while encountering a shiny?

I've killed Shinies, I've accidentally used Masterballs.

Some I've even recorded for Youtube (RIP old channel).

Shiny in the Name on PokeMMO, and different colour to regulars. You're EVing and not paying attention, that's on you, not the game.

You use your last Pokeball and accidentally use your Masterball for not paying attention, that's on you.

Sure everyone gets a Masterball, but it gets a warning too!

It's not gamebreaking to not have a Masterball, since it's just a convenience capture of a potential Shiny that can flee.

Either way, some method will be added as a "precaution" so people don't miss Shinies (Such as Sparkles like Darkshade mentioned but not confirmed).

#shinydewgong gg. that's a reason why i would support this.

I believe it is valid, and therefore I agree with flareblitzz. Thus, I do not support this idea. (just for the record, I support a nerfing of breeding, because it really is just too overpowered... the staff kindof catered to people who asked for too much).

Shiny dewgong is a reason why? 

I guess "A wild Shiny Dewgong has appeared" isn't enough?

I honestly feel like we shouldn't add essentially handicaps, because some people are too stupid to pay attention. Same I think should apply to the masterball. When you make a mistake in real life, there's no warning that asks if you're sure you wanna do this. You do it, and suffer the consequences as followed. This function doesn't even exist in the original games, why should it here, because it's an mmo? I think making the shiny's sparkle is the most that should be implemented, and apparently it is, and if you still manage to "accidentally" kill a shiny, then you shouldn't attempt to suggest a function that'll make that not happen again, you should just learn to pay attention better.~ 

My stance on this, is the same as scamming. If you got scammed, or if you accidentally killed a shiny. It's your own fault, and better luck next time.

Shiny dewgong is a reason why? 

I guess "A wild Shiny Dewgong has appeared" isn't enough?

I honestly feel like we shouldn't add essentially handicaps, because some people are too stupid to pay attention. Same I think should apply to the masterball. When you make a mistake in real life, there's no warning that asks if you're sure you wanna do this. You do it, and suffer the consequences as followed. This function doesn't even exist in the original games, why should it here, because it's an mmo? I think making the shiny's sparkle is the most that should be implemented, and apparently it is, and if you still manage to "accidentally" kill a shiny, then you shouldn't attempt to suggest a function that'll make that not happen again, you should just learn to pay attention better.~ 

My stance on this, is the same as scamming. If you got scammed, or if you accidentally killed a shiny. It's your own fault, and better luck next time.

You couldn't take the joke? <_<  

I was pointing out the fact that Shiny Dewgong looks nearly identical to a regular dewgong... And, personally, "A wild Shiny _____ has appeared" isn't enough, because the majority of the time I do not read the text and simply just rapidly click through, and in the case of dewgong, run away.

I was pointing out the fact that Shiny Dewgong looks nearly identical to a regular dewgong... And, personally, "A wild Shiny _____ has appeared" isn't enough, because the majority of the time I do not read the text and simply just rapidly click through, and in the case of dewgong, run away.

Maybe you and everyone else should start paying attention, and this wouldn't even need to be a suggestion. That's no one else's problem but your own, and everyone else who has this problem. Why should they change something, just because a few people are attention deficient? 

Maybe you and everyone else should start paying attention, and this wouldn't even need to be a suggestion. That's no one else's problem but your own, and everyone else who has this problem. Why should they change something, just because a few people are attention deficient? 

I did mention above that I do not support this idea. (My stance on breeding is even in line with your trail of thinking...) If you would read my post above...

The fact that you are being so aggressive, even when I was just joking around (hence the "hashtag"), just makes me sad...

I did mention above that I do not support this idea. (My stance on breeding is even in line with your trail of thinking...) If you would read my post above...

The fact that you are being so aggressive, even when I was just joking around (hence the "hashtag"), just makes me sad...

But my entire stance is that it is enough, that this shouldn't be an implementation, and if you manage to kill a shiny by "mistake" then you should be forced to deal with it. Besides the sparkling feature, that's already in the original games, i'm honestly surprised it's not already in this one.

As for a function, asking if you're sure you want to run or attack the shiny, just stupid. People should just pay attention more to what they're doing, when they're doing it.~  

But my entire stance is that it is enough, that this shouldn't be an implementation, and if you manage to kill a shiny by "mistake" then you should be forced to deal with it. Besides the sparkling feature, that's already in the original games, i'm honestly surprised it's not already in this one.

As for a function, asking if you're sure you want to run or attack the shiny, just stupid. People should just pay attention more to what they're doing, when they're doing it.~

About the first part, not all move animations are fully implemented so i wouldnt expect sparkles to be implemented neither

For the second part, its true people should pay attention, but this warning should just be a helpful addition. I see no harm in implementing this suggestion tho :3

Also i like how u end yourposts with this~
Reminds me of someone else....rachel

About the first part, not all move animations are fully implemented so i wouldnt expect sparkles to be implemented neither

For the second part, its true people should pay attention, but this warning should just be a helpful addition. I see no harm in implementing this suggestion tho :3

Also i like how u end yourposts with this~
Reminds me of someone else....rachel

It's not about it causing harm, but why should the Developers go and add something just because a few people fail to pay attention? I feel like it's a waste of resources, and for what, someone else's stupidity? Can't say I ever accidentally killed something I shouldn't have, or used something mistakenly. This is something with a solution as simple as paying attention to what you're doing, like anyone with common sense would in any applied scenario.~ 

This suggestion is just a potential waste of development.