Shiny Warning

Sammier

Question

Don't you hate it when you accidentely kill a shiny while eving? (this haven't happend to me before but i've heard some stories from friends who did) So i came up with this suggestion.

It's a Shiny Warning. When you click on a move while you are in battle with a wild shiny, a window will pop up asking: 'Are you sure you want to hit the shiny pokemon?'

A simple message like this will prevent (especially new) players from killing a shiny.

People might say: 'You should just pay attention' or 'it's your own fault'.

But upon using a Masterball, you also get a warning. So why shouldn't you get one while encountering a shiny?

That would be unfair imo. 

Shinies are like normal pokemon and killing them is really one's own fault. Making special provisions for them wouldn't really be fair.

The warning on masterball is for all pokemon you use it on, and that's because you only have one.

If this is implemented there will be no shiny that's killed and maybe the market gets flooded with commons.

This all is just what I think so I do not really support this.

Sorry sam ;)

That would be unfair imo. 

Shinies are like normal pokemon and killing them is really one's own fault. The warning on masterball is for all pokemon you use it on, and that's because you only have one.

If this is implemented there will be no shiny that's killed and maybe the market gets flooded with commons.

This all is just what I think so I do not really support this.

Sorry sam ;)

If any pokemon is a normal pokemon, what would you want to use a masterball for then? There is no 1 timer who can kill itself. Why does Masterball deserve a warning then?

But upon using a Masterball, you also get a warning. So why shouldn't you get one while encountering a shiny?

Because the Master Ball is an item that every player gets that does not directly affect the economy.

I also think that the above will become far less of a problem if and when we choose to implement sparkles.

Shiny_Sandshrew_IV.png

Because the Master Ball is an item that every player gets that does not directly affect the economy.

I also think that the above will become far less of a problem if and when we choose to implement sparkles.

Shiny_Sandshrew_IV.png

Another pokemon  mmo game had a feature in which shinies had sparkles around them during the entire match. Not only just the first second of the encounter

hint hint

Shiny_Sandshrew_IV.png

Thats true, but i get the feel this wont be top priority (well unless some like....you, Darkshade....push it :) )

And i think implementing a warning is far more easier (i could be wrong, i dont study IT)

A message warning you if you click 'Run' would seem fair, but I do think the player should have to pay a little attention

Shiny_Sandshrew_IV.png

What if the sparkle ignored sound options (meaning the sound would play even if the client's SFX option was set 0)?

A message warning you if you click 'Run' would seem fair, but I do think the player should have to pay a little attention

What if the sparkle ignored sound options (meaning the sound would play even if the client's SFX option was set 0)?

"Hey guys I got a shiny! I also have a detention because I got caught playing pokemmo in school when my teacher heard the shiny's sparkle.."

Point being, when people want sound off, they want sound off.

"Hey guys I got a shiny! I also have a detention because I got caught playing pokemmo in school when my teacher heard the shiny's sparkle.."

If you're playing PokeMMO in the middle of a class, why wouldn't you just turn your system volume off instead of muting your client

If you are playing pokemmo in school and you encounter a shiny and the teacher hears the sparkle of the shiny and detents you

[spoiler]run to the hills naked[/spoiler]

[spoiler]try play Lotto or something , you will be rich someday soon.[/spoiler]

500 points to make the owner's shinies perm-sparkle.  Think of the money darkshade....think of the money. 

#motivatestaff

make it 750 points (or possibly 1000, but I feel like that would hinder the sales too much).

500 points to make the owner's shinies perm-sparkle.  Think of the money darkshade....think of the money. 

#motivatestaff

make it 750 points (or possibly 1000, but I feel like that would hinder the sales too much).

Pfft Darkshade is a merciful god.

He'll give sparkles to any shiny pokemon

eventually...

Don't you hate it when you accidentely kill a shiny while eving? (this haven't happend to me before but i've heard some stories from friends who did) So i came up with this suggestion.

It's a Shiny Warning. When you click on a move while you are in battle with a wild shiny, a window will pop up asking: 'Are you sure you want to hit the shiny pokemon?'

A simple message like this will prevent (especially new) players from killing a shiny.

Because "A wild Shiny ____ " appears, and the color obviously being different isn't enough.

Honestly, if you "accidentally" killed a shiny, that's your own fault for not paying attention.

Better luck next time.~  

It is in a way, but if you use a purple masterball by accident, isnt that your own fault too?
Why does it have a warning then?

Implementing warning on shinies means more shinies come out than usual as none will get killed (some will flee). Everyone has a shiny.  Shinies value drop. Cash n comp are already dropped due to breeding update.
Game = Blown bro

Implementing warning on shinies means more shinies come out than usual as none will get killed (some will flee). Everyone has a shiny.  Shinies value drop. Cash n comp are already dropped due to breeding update.
Game = Blown bro

Tell me how game will be blown, when values drop.... Hmm...breeding....hmm comps.... such value

Tell me how game will be blown, when values drop.... Hmm...breeding....hmm comps.... such value

Lucky eggs are already shit.

Breeding update makes godlies common too.

If shinies become shit there's nothing valuable in this game.

Imagine everyone has godly pokes n lucky eggs today, what if everyone has a shiny too. 

There'll be nothing special in the game :/

Lucky eggs are already shit.

Breeding update makes godlies common too.

If shinies become shit there's nothing valuable in this game.

Imagine everyone has godly pokes n lucky eggs today, what if everyone has a shiny too. 

There'll be nothing special in the game :/

Tbh commons are flooding the market already anyways, so idk what u are afraid of. Second of all, uncommons and higher shinies will still have great value. 

Finding a shiny is (most of the times) hard enough. Cant imagine the pain after u kill one accidentely.

1000+  players

Assuming 50 encounter and kill a shiny. If this suggestion is implemented there'll be much more than normal rate.

Sometimes even rare pokes are found in EV training areas. There'll just be flood of shinies :/

Common shinies will come anyways. They are barely worth anything. Don't think it will change alot.

Also rares will still be valuable. It won't lose value.

Also it seems u think finding a shiny with this implemented will be 100x bigger. Well it wont. Its just to secure u dont kill a shiny accidentaly, if people pay attention it would be caught anyways. So basically the argument of shinies losing value because of this suggestion isnt valid.

Because "A wild Shiny ____ " appears, and the color obviously being different isn't enough.
Honestly, if you "accidentally" killed a shiny, that's your own fault for not paying attention.

Better luck next time.~

#shinydewgong gg. that's a reason why i would support this.

Common shinies will come anyways. They are barely worth anything. Don't think it will change alot.
Also rares will still be valuable. It won't lose value.

Also it seems u think finding a shiny with this implemented will be 100x bigger. Well it wont. Its just to secure u dont kill a shiny accidentaly, if people pay attention it would be caught anyways. So basically the argument of shinies losing value because of this suggestion isnt valid.

I believe it is valid, and therefore I agree with flareblitzz. Thus, I do not support this idea. (just for the record, I support a nerfing of breeding, because it really is just too overpowered... the staff kindof catered to people who asked for too much).