Sign in to follow this  
Tranzmaster

Blaine's Quiz Heats (February 25th)

so like bracket?

The trivia questions will be asked in shout chat. The player who answers a trivia question (in shout/normal chat) correctly and is first, moves on to the next round. The others battle each other for a spot in the next round. The tier is UU.

Round 1: 21 players: 5 trivia questions. The other 16 battle each other for the 8 spots in the next round.

Round 2: 13 players: 3 trivia questions. The other 10 battle each other for the 5 spots in the next round.

Round 3: 8 players: 2 trivia questions. The other 6 battle each other for the 3 spots in the next round.

Round 4: 5 players: 1 trivia question. The other 4 battle each other for the 2 spots in the next round.

Round 5: 3 players: 1 trivia question. The other 2 battle each other for the last spot in the final.

Final: 2 players. 1 battle.

There is currently no bracket to give. As you can see, first the 5 trivia questions must be answered before I can make a 16 man bracket. This also implies that for each round I will generate a new bracket.

There is currently no bracket to give. As you can see, first the 5 trivia questions must be answered before I can make a 16 man bracket. This also implies that for each round I will generate a new bracket.

7022cafd9b3ceca0cee3a37b426dbb1c.jpg

I will ask sign-ins until I get 21 participants.

In round 1, with the 21 participants, I will ask 5 trivia questions. Each trivia question, the player who gives the correct answer to the trivia question automatically advances to the next round.

This means, that after 5 trivia questions, I will have 16 participants left. Those 16 battle each other in a 16 man bracket, so 8 matches. The tier is UU.

The winner of each battle (so 8 winners) advance to the next round, so round 2 will have 13 participants left. And this goes on according to the format in outlined in the OP:

Round 1: 21 players: 5 trivia questions. The other 16 battle each other for the 8 spots in the next round.

Round 2: 13 players: 3 trivia questions. The other 10 battle each other for the 5 spots in the next round.

Round 3: 8 players: 2 trivia questions. The other 6 battle each other for the 3 spots in the next round.

Round 4: 5 players: 1 trivia question. The other 4 battle each other for the 2 spots in the next round.

Round 5: 3 players: 1 trivia question. The other 2 battle each other for the last spot in the final.

Final: 2 players. 1 battle.

I hope this solves your confusion.

Even though I lost, I seriously had a lot, lot of fun during that tournament. Thank you so much Tranz! Officials are just as awesome as I thought they are :)

Congratulations to Barrage for winning Blaine's Quiz Heats!

Honorable mention to PandaJJ as runner-up.

- I'll append the course of the tournament to this thread since there is no bracket. In the works right now - done

Participants list:

[spoiler]OldKeith

JonazDK

Artemiseta

YettoDie

LeGaryOak

ImguridianCIty

Kingbowser

MilesCarnage

Stierr

Marsus

PandaJJ

Hotbums

Forfiter

Therealme

Kazooka

Breathcore

kemaric

Misterhide

Barrage

jeehad

Boutet[/spoiler]

Round 1

[spoiler]21 players: 5 trivia questions. The other 16 battle each other for the 8 spots in the next round.

Question 1) What badge does Blaine give when you defeat him?

Answer: Volcano Badge.

Answered correctly by OldKeith.

Question 2) According to Blaine, what item should you better have when battling him?

Answer: Burn Heal.

Answered correctly by MilesCarnage.

Question 3) Which Fire Pokemon's species is "Legendary Pokemon"?

Answer: Arcanine

Answered correctly by ImguridianCity.

Question 4) Name all Pokemon that evolve by a Fire Stone in this game.

Answer: Eevee, Growlithe, Vulpix

Answered correctly by Barrage.

Question 5) What ability does Magby have?

Answer: Flame Body

Answered correctly by Kazooka.

Battles:

PandaJJ vs JonazDK --> PandaJJ wins

Forfiter vs Stierr --> Forfiter wins

MisterHide vs KingBowser --> MisterHide wins

Breathcore vs Artemiseta --> Breathcore wins

kemaric vs LeGaryOak --> kemaric wins

YettoDie vs HotBums --> YettoDie wins

Boutet vs TheRealMe --> Boutet wins

Marsus vs jeehad --> Marsus wins

[/spoiler]

Round 2

[spoiler]13 players: 3 trivia questions. The other 10 battle each other for the 5 spots in the next round.

Question 6) In PokeMMO, what are Blaine's Pokemon when you battle him for your gym badge?

Answer: Ponyta, Growlithe, Rapidash, Arcanine.

Answered correctly by MilesCarnage.

Question 7) What Fire Type move is a variation of the move Hyper Beam?

Answer: Blast Burn

Answered correctly by Forfiter.

Question 8) The three types that fire is weak to all share a weakness to what type?

Answer: Grass

Battles:

Kazooka vs PandaJJ --> PandaJJ wins

Breathcore vs Marsus --> Breathcore wins

Misterhide vs ImguridianCity --> ImguridianCIty wins

boutet vs OldKeith --> boutet wins

YettoDie vs kemaric --> YettoDie wins

[/spoiler]

Round 3

[spoiler]8 players: 2 trivia questions. The other 6 battle each other for the 3 spots in the next round.

Question 9) In PokeMMO, aside from Blaine, which 2 trainer types can you face against in Cinnabar Gym?

Answer: Burglar and Super Nerd

Answered correctly by Forfiter.

Question 10) Which fire type Pokemon has the lowest base stat total of all fire type Pokemon?

Answer: Slugma

Battles:

MilesCarnage vs YettoDie --> MilesCarnage wins

PandaJJ vs ImguridianCity --> PandaJJ wins

Boutet vs Breathcore --> Breathcore wins

[/spoiler]

Round 4

[spoiler]5 players: 1 trivia question. The other 4 battle each other for the 2 spots in the next round.

Question 11) Which Pokemon has the following description: "While young, it has six gorgeous tails. When it grows, several new tails are sprouted."

Answer: Vulpix

Battles:

Forfiter vs PandaJJ --> PandaJJ wins

MilesCarnage vs Breathcore --> Breathcore wins

[/spoiler]

Round 5

[spoiler]3 players: 1 trivia question. The other 2 battle each other for the last spot in the final.

Question 12) Which Fire-type move fits the following description: "A sinister, bluish white flame is shot at the foe to inflict a burn."

Answer: Will-O-Wisp

Battle:

PandaJJ vs Breathcore --> PandaJJ wins[/spoiler]

Final: 2 players. 1 battle.

Barrage vs PandaJJ --> Barrage wins