Hey :)

Welcome. I wonder how many people in the world even own a legitimate mew in RBY...

No one, the battery of the game died long ago, even if replaced with a new one the saved files would get deleated....same goes for GSC....the only thing would be saving the files in a outside device, replace the battery of the game, and import the old files again....

On Topic, Welcome

Don't want to hijack your thread man, but

No one, the battery of the game died long ago, even if replaced with a new one the saved files would get deleated....same goes for GSC....the only thing would be saving the files in a outside device, replace the battery of the game, and import the old files again....

If the batteries died, then there would be no working RBY/GSC cartridges, which is simply untrue.

If the batteries died, then there would be no working RBY/GSC cartridges, which is simply untrue.

if the battery dies and you do nothing about it, the game would still work, but it won't be able to keep the saved files, if you change the battery, you'll still lose your saved files.

if the battery dies and you do nothing about it, the game would still work, but it won't be able to keep the saved files, if you change the battery, you'll still lose your saved files.

Maybe someone kept their cartridge stored properly

That is just so. not. true. Why? I still got my yellow and red cartridge with my old saves. BTW: I stored them like shit; in a wet, old, messy attic. Still works ;)

And welcome to the server ScreamThePoetry. I love your name :P

I too own a Mew on my Yellow cartridge, however it was a dupe which shouldn't be too uncommon.

That is just so. not. true. Why? I still got my yellow and red cartridge with my old saves. BTW: I stored them like shit; in a wet, old, messy attic. Still works ;)

And welcome to the server ScreamThePoetry. I love your name :P

I too own a Mew on my Yellow cartridge, however it was a dupe which shouldn't be too uncommon.

I'm not gonna start a mess over there, but i'll just say that, or you got a game with a very good battery battery, or it's just not true. Before saying things like that, at least look around a little, you'll see that all i have said here it's explained even on the Nintedo site, where pople asked them why their old game don't save anymore. I can even go further end explain why they used a battery, and i can post some links too

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/367023-pokemon-red-version/answers?qid=277980

http://www.thetechgame.com/News/sid=3138/save-your-pokmon-game-files-before-its-too-late.html

Ecc....so what i said it's true, don't try too look cool if you can't prove it...