[Denied] Daycare Upgrades.

I checked, didn't really see anything along the lines of this.
This would act as a pure money sink overall making breeding better for those who are actively breeding.

The names & values can be changed to better fit the mmo based on feedback.

Upgrade 1(Better Food?) - The parents children will get 1 (flag?) egg move known on birth.

Upgrade 2(Better Landscape?) - The parents children will get a 20%* chance to have a +1* to the maximum IV they can achieve (assuming its not a 31).* Can be rounded up higher or lower.

Upgrade 3(Larger Area?) - The parents children will get 2 egg moves known at birth.

Upgrade 4(Better staff?) - No matter what parents you use (ex; You+You = like each other compared to You+You = Get along)

Upgrade 5(Premium food?) - The parents children will get 3 egg moves known at birth.

Upgrade 6(Professional Breeders?) - All 4 egg moves known at birth.

Upgrade 7(New habitats?) - Same as upgrade 2, but say 40% chance to add a (+2 or +3?) to the maximum IV possible via parents.

Possible cost per upgrade? ( Can be higher or lower based on feedback )
1) 40,000
2) 80,000
3) 150,000
4) 200,000
5) 250,000
6) 350,000
7) 500,000

Option to build a sort of pokemon sonogram machine? * Find the eggs gender once you get it for say between 1000-3000? This will not act as a extra flag. Cost 50,000 to build it in ? The old man/lady can do the process for you similar to the guy on cinnibar.

Sorry if it just sounds stupid or overall  a bad idea. :mellow: 

I like parts of this suggestion:

I do not like the IV inheritance suggestion. It is already at a good difficulty to breed godly pokemon. This suggestion would make it far too easy. I say this, because originally the range for iv inheritance was "average IV of parents as maximum value and 0 as minimum value". That was then changed to about "average value of parents as base and then -6/+3 as the range". This was way too over powered and many godlies were spawned when this was implemented. Then in response they changed it to "average value of parents as base and then -10/+2 as the range". This was way too big of a nerf and made breeding extremely difficult once again. Thus, they changed it to how it is now: "average value of parents as base and then -8/+3 as the range" which seems to work just fine for everyone. Altering this to "average value of parents as base and then -8/+6" would easily allow for godly pokemon to be bred from lesser parents, which would cause a great increase in the number of godlies that we would see in-game. (I may have been wrong about some of the numbers, but the main principle is there). Basically this would upset the iv inheritance that the developers have worked well on to stabilize (which it is now stable).

For the "unlocking flags" part of your suggestion, this would just contradict something that is already implemented and running well. I do not think that it should be a 1-time-pay kind of thing. How it works now is just fine.

I do, however, like your "Upgrade 4" suggestion. Though the concept sounds great, I am not really sure how this could be implemented (still talking about only the Upgrade 4). Perhaps you pay some Pokeyen and you will have better staff for 24hours, until you have to pay again? (i.e. paying for faster egg production)

I also like the idea of the sonogram machine (even though it sounds so out-of-place).

No one would buy 1, 3, 5, or 6.  You can just buy an egg move for $1,000 already.  The ones with the IV bonus I like though

He means that you would permanently have that bonus (i.e. pay 350k one time and never have to spend 4k to unlock eggmoves again).

And the IV bonus is too over powered. It is fine how it is.

He means that you would permanently have that bonus (i.e. pay 350k one time and never have to spend 4k to unlock eggmoves again).

if it got implemented it would have to be only temp. something where it will only pay off if you make a massive amount of eggs in a short period. also if you have to buy upgrade #1 before #2 and #2 before #3 it'd work better. money sink that gives you a added feature that saves time with the farming money time greater then the time saved. something like vitamins with not so bad a cost ratio.

Got it, thanks for clearing that up.  I think $500,000 is a good amount for adding IVs though, I think it's something that is worth testing out.

Got it, thanks for clearing that up.  I think $500,000 is a good amount for adding IVs though, I think it's something that is worth testing out.

To be honest, $500,000 is not that much to pay for such a buff to IV breeding. Considering that it would easily allow you to produce godly Pokemon that would sell for at least 100k each, you would make all of that money back in a couple of hours...

If you are unsure as to why this is a huge "buff" to IV breeding, consider this: Currently the bell curve for IV breeding is such that the majority of bred pokemon will have stats lower than that of the average of the two parents. If this idea is implemented, then the bell curve will shift, such that the majority of the bred pokemon would be much closer to that of the average of the two parents, and you would see a significant increase to the number of pokemon that have significantly greater IVs than the parents.

• 1 year later...

I would leave this open just for the concept of "upgradeable daycare", but there really aren't any relevant upgrades left. The examples in OP are too old.

We're probably not changing IV inheritance or move inheritance.

Locking, archiving.