UU Weekend [Saturday]

I mean, over 64 people posted IGNs in less than 2 minutes....

Please have a 64 person tournament?

I just feel it's unfair that half the people that signed up "on time" have to be excluded because of slow internet, or whatever caused it.
Don't you think tournaments should include the community, not exclude? I remember back in September/October where we couldn't even have 32 man tourny's because people wouldn't show up. So now that we have over 64 people sign up, don't you think we should reward the people who practice and play this game hard? The only reason I can see for you guys to keep this a 32 man tourny is because of the time you have to put into being there for all the matches. And I understand that. But isn't that what tournament mode was supposed to fix? And if you love this game as much as we do, it shouldn't be a chore to referee these matches. It should be fun for all of us to gather around and watch. So please, would you consider at least making this a 64 person bracket?

P.S. Obviously biased here because not in top 32, but even still I'd want the 64 people to be in because most of them are my friends and work hard to make their competitive teams.

I mean, over 64 people posted IGNs in less than 2 minutes....

Please have a 64 person tournament?

I just feel it's unfair that half the people that signed up "on time" have to be excluded because of slow internet, or whatever caused it.
Don't you think tournaments should include the community, not exclude? I remember back in September/October where we couldn't even have 32 man tourny's because people wouldn't show up. So now that we have over 64 people sign up, don't you think we should reward the people who practice and play this game hard? The only reason I can see for you guys to keep this a 32 man tourny is because of the time you have to put into being there for all the matches. And I understand that. But isn't that what tournament mode was supposed to fix? And if you love this game as much as we do, it shouldn't be a chore to referee these matches. It should be fun for all of us to gather around and watch. So please, would you consider at least making this a 64 person bracket?

P.S. Obviously biased here because not in top 32, but even still I'd want the 64 people to be in because most of them are my friends and work hard to make their competitive teams.

This.

Now that breeding is actually not the work of satan and is something people do, there are a lot more competitive players. The latest breeding rework was (in my eyes) a big development to the possibility of competitive play, so now there are many more people interested in tournaments, so wynaut make them 64 man. 

Even if giving some byes becomes a regular thing, i'd rather a few players get byes than a large majority of players being left out. The fact that there are more than twice as many people who want to play in a tournament than who actually get the chance to play is just appalling. 

I totally agree that this should be a 64 man tournament, however as many times before we are going to get disappointed ;_; But right now there are only 3 referees and seeing how fast it usually goes *cough* 50% of referees, 'referee' other referees. aka afk *cough* I don't think it's gonna happen.

Anyhow, I think referees are a little overrated with the newly implemented "Tournament Mode" since I know that staff members can see what mode the battle is in, they would just have to call a match, check the mode - if it's tournament mode - then call another battle and keep it at approximately 4-5 battles per referee, and in case they should use an OU Pokemon they would just have to not make a move, tell the responsible referee to quickly spectate and he could then spectate and make the decision - probably DQ. I have suggested this so many times before and still don't see the reason why not to try this and actually take use of what the devs implement to this game. I know staff aren't "robots" but this would definitely help them make tournaments quicker, if that is what they are seeking.

All in all, I don't think they will make it 64 man bracket looking at the amount of referees and I still don't understand why they don't take use of some of the most usable in game battle play mechanisms that we got in the last update.

I totally agree that this should be a 64 man tournament, however as many times before we are going to get disappointed ;_; But right now there are only 3 referees and seeing how fast it usually goes *cough* 50% of referees, 'referee' other referees. aka afk *cough* I don't think it's gonna happen.

Anyhow, I think referees are a little overrated with the newly implemented "Tournament Mode" since I know that staff members can see what mode the battle is in, they would just have to call a match, check the mode - if it's tournament mode - then call another battle and keep it at approximately 4-5 battles per referee, and in case they should use an OU Pokemon they would just have to not make a move, tell the responsible referee to quickly spectate and he could then spectate and make the decision - probably DQ. I have suggested this so many times before and still don't see the reason why not to try this and actually take use of what the devs implement to this game. I know staff aren't "robots" but this would definitely help them make tournaments quicker, if that is what they are seeking.

All in all, I don't think they will make it 64 man bracket looking at the amount of referees and I still don't understand why they don't take use of some of the most usable in game battle play mechanisms that we got in the last update.

That negativity is killing our hopes Gary Oak brah. How about this:

Oh man we have a huge number of registered competitors and it would be super awesome if this were extended to include 64 players. With the newly implemented Tournament mode I believe this is a very plausible idea even with limited staff. The staff have proven to be able to run officials smoothly and the community would love to see this done for them.

Make it happen staff, I have faith you can do it!

That negativity is killing our hopes Gary Oak brah. How about this:

Oh man we have a huge number of registered competitors and it would be super awesome if this were extended to include 64 players. With the newly implemented Tournament mode I believe this is a very plausible idea even with limited staff. The staff have proven to be able to run officials smoothly and the community would love to see this done for them.

Make it happen staff, I have faith you can do it!

Hahahahhaha alrighty then :P <3