Team Tournament [February 22]

Strych

r0SlSLR.jpg

Welcome to the Official PokeMMO Team Tournament of February.
These are monthly competitive tournaments where teams can text their kill against each other.
Players battle as teams (3 at a time). Teams can switch out which members compete between rounds.

[DD] Dark Dragons will be given the opportunity to defend their title from December. They have earned a registration slot. 

We will have three types of battles per round. These battles are OU, UU, and NU. 

There will be three matches at a table, the matches will fall into place as followed:

The top spot will be an OU match.

The middle spot will be an NU match.

The bottom spot will be a UU match.

Bracket

Date: Thursday, February 20th

Time: 6:00 PM EST | 3:00 PM PST | 11:00 PM GMT

One representative from each team registers up to five players in this format:

Team Name:
Team Tag:
Registered Players:

Team Captain:
(Note: The Team Captain is who I will be contacting if I need to relay information to your team.)

Details:
16 Teams
6v6
Level 50 [Tournament Mode]

OU/UU/NU

Date & Time:
Date: Saturday, February 22
Time: 6:00 PM EST | 3:00 PM PST | 11:00 PM GMT

Channel 7

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/SelfKO/Bloo

List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned Pokemon:

Wobbuffet is banned in all tiers

The following Pokemon are banned in UU battles:

[spoiler]

Aerodactyl
Alakazam

Arcanine
Blissey

Breloom
Chansey
Charizard

Claydol
Crobat

Dragonite

Dugtrio
Dusclops

Espeon

Exeggutor
Gengar
Gyarados

Hariyama
Heracross
Houndoom
Jolteon

Jumpluff
Jynx
Kangaskhan
Kingdra
Lapras

Ludicolo
Machamp

Marowak
Salamence

Scizor
Skarmory
Slaking
Slowbro
Slowking

Smeargle
Snorlax
Starmie
Tauros

Tyranitar
Umbreon
Ursaring
Vaporeon
Venusaur

Weezing[/spoiler]

The following Pokemon (in addition to the ones listed above) are banned in NU matches:

[spoiler]Absol

Ampharos
Aggron

Azumarill
Banette
Blastoise
Cacturne
Clefable
Cloyster
Dodrio
Donphan
Electabuzz

Electrode (testing)

Flareon
Forretress

Gligar
Golduck
Golem
Granbull
Grumpig
Haunter

Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee

Hitmontop

Hypno

Kabutops
Kadabra

Lanturn
Magmar

Magneton
Mantine
Misdreavus
Mr. Mime
Muk

Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Ninetales

Octillery
Omastar
Pikachu
Pinsir
Politoed
Poliwrath
Porygon2
Primeape
Quagsire
Qwilfish
Raichu
Rhydon
Sandslash
Scyther
Sharpedo

Sneasel

Steelix
Tentacruel
Victreebel
Vigoroth
Vileplume
Walrein

Wynaut
Xatu

[/spoiler]

Banned Moves:

Hyperbeam

Curse on Snorlax

Prize:
Entry into Hall of Fame Thread for the winning team.

Staff Attendance:

Host: Strychnine

Referees: Fudnud, Shichan, Strychnine, TBA

An odd number of matches is easier to determine outcome
I would prefer 5v5 to 3v3 since it shows more team effort than 3 individuals
So we could do:
Ou
UU
NU
Ou doubles
100s NU doubles

the reason they never did this before was because they/we (I was included) barely had enough refs to run this. So I don't think they'd be able to

That time just ruined our chance I guess. Why would you put it so late on a saturday when this always takes about 5 hours and there exist some good europeans players as well. It's not all murica and they should be able to play midday like 1 pm on a saturday ..

Edit: btw what is up woth the time anyways? :p you have two times in est atm below the poster

That time just ruined our chance I guess. Why would you put it so late on a saturday when this always takes about 5 hours and there exist some good europeans player as well. It's not all murica and they should be able to play midday like 1 pm on a saturday ..

Looks like you're pulling off an all-nighter' bud'! :)

Could you describe in more detail how the battles will go on?

How I understood it (just want it confirmed in case we screw up on the preparations): You register 5 members, in every Team vs. Team there will be 3 battles fought. One OU, one UU and one NU. So two are reserves while 3 are fighting?

This might be obvious to most people, then again; I started playing in early January and so far I've never participated in an official tournament. All though, I'm very hyped to participate in this one as I love "clan wars".

That time just ruined our chance I guess. Why would you put it so late on a saturday when this always takes about 5 hours and there exist some good europeans players as well. It's not all murica and they should be able to play midday like 1 pm on a saturday ..

Edit: btw what is up woth the time anyways? :P you have two times in est atm below the poster

Or hope for him to make the time a little bit more fair :P

or they are hosting it at a time the staff can make it, without hosts there isnt a tournament so try to be a little more grateful

Could you describe in more detail how the battles will go on?

How I understood it (just want it confirmed in case we screw up on the preparations): You register 5 members, in every Team vs. Team there will be 3 battles fought. One OU, one UU and one NU. So two are reserves while 3 are fighting?

This might be obvious to most people, then again; I started playing in early January and so far I've never participated in an official tournament. All though, I'm very hyped to participate in this one as I love "clan wars".

Yeah, that's how it works :)

or they are hosting it at a time the staff can make it, without hosts there isnt a tournament so try to be a little more grateful

How can we be grateful for something that isn't even meant to be for us because of the time? Hard logics man

EDIT:

What bothers me more is the fact, that this discussion about the time is moved during [b]every[/b] team tournament and still nothing has been done about it. That's very nice treating for european players who- if they seriously want to play the team tournament- need to stay awake from midnight to around 5 am.