Bad Word Filter for other languages

Greck

Question

Today's suggestion is important imo, cause the bad word filter don't work propertly in other langauges (i dont mean not working censure for words, because is not implemented), for example writing some words in other language we get a censure because in english this word is bad, but in ours language is not, so the idea is doing a bad word filter for each lenguage, that mean when we have enabled on the chat other language, then the censure is applying for this language.

Example:

Speaking with some friend in Polish, the word "give" is censored:

se8RXjb.png

And this obviously is not making sense, why a english word is censored if i use the Polish language on the chat?

How this should be look:

HJSwvgW.png

I know there is a lot of cases not only in Polish, and this force us to disable the bad word filter, and what if i don't want see bad words in spanish? there is no option to filter it, because only we have english to choice.

On resume:

Add Bad Word Filter for other languages.

Fix english bad words for other languages (maybe multiple selections for the filter)

Anyways i think we need more moderation on the chat in other languages, but this matter must be disscuted in other topic.

Any opinions are welcome.

6 answers to this question

I don't talk only about kids, for example i don't like watch in global chat some spanish guy writing "puta", and i dont have the option to hide this type of words.
Also why this game have a bad word filter (in english) if you say only people who have enough age use internet?

This is the internet, if you're old enough to go on, you're old enough to take a few "Fucks" or "shit" every now and then. Stop coddling the youngsters, they're already playing something in legal gray area.

The filter already exists for english, so I see no reason to why it should not be implemented for other languages, its good for a more polished product.

A 'hotfix' would be to set the current filter to only work when the language is EN, that way it wont be mistaking foreign words as bad words.

:ph34r: 

I don't talk only about kids, for example i don't like watch in global chat some spanish guy writing "puta", and i dont have the option to hide this type of words.
Also why this game have a bad word filter (in english) if you say only people who have enough age use internet?

So parents will let their children play the game.  Also, the primary language support is English.  All other stuff is just filler/convenience stuff they added.  I wouldn't be surprised if this comes, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

The filter already exists for english, so I see no reason to why it should not be implemented for other languages, its good for a more polished product.

A 'hotfix' would be to set the current filter to only work when the language is EN, that way it wont be mistaking foreign words as bad words.

Except lots/most foreign players don't find out about different language chats for a long time/ever