[Implemented] New Sub-forum in Comp Alley: 'Competitive Discussion'

Pretty simple. I feel like we need this. I've been thinking of creating several threads for the sake of discussion (about comp ofc) but it would just flood the main page which is for tournaments. Right now there can be just to much going on in one forum (I mean I can post all kind of shit in comp alley). An alternative would be to create a sub forum called 'Tournaments' so we can all post our tournaments there and keep comp discussion on the main comp forum. Like I said I just feel like the main comp forum can have to many subjects and this way it looks unorganized.

Pro's:
- Looks more proffesional
- Less mess
- Easier to navigate

Cons:
- Extra moderation

I think this is a good idea for both Mods and people posting as it will help mods track tournament threads (which need to be locked because they're complete, what ones are clearly not going to happen/need to be trashed/locked, etc) it will also help players who are looking for tournaments locate them, and people who want to discuss can locate those topics too.

I hope you at least get a response from the CA mods, although I was told last time if there are suggestions to just PM them as they don't want things public. 

I think this is a good idea for both Mods and people posting as it will help mods track tournament threads (which need to be locked because they're complete, what ones are clearly not going to happen/need to be trashed/locked, etc) it will also help players who are looking for tournaments locate them, and people who want to discuss can locate those topics too.

I hope you at least get a response from the CA mods, although I was told last time if there are suggestions to just PM them as they don't want things public.

I'll spam Tranz on TS C:

This is a good idea.

I like the idea of having Comp Alley only for tournaments and having all Competitive Discussion in it's own section. While I feel like Competitive Assistance might die out a bit because of it, it still remains to be seen if that will actually be the case. The positive points outweigh the possible negative points though.

Cons:
- Extra moderation

From us Competition Alley mods' viewpoint 'extra moderation' is never an argument to be against a certain proposed change, and we're happy to give feedback as long as the suggestion primarily applies to the forums (A change to the forums) rather then moderation (A change in moderation) itself.

I already discussed it with the other Competition Alley Moderators and they're both positive towards this idea as well.

i'm going to have this discussed internally and I will update this thread as soon as a decision is made.

I don't see how this would make Comp. Assistance die out since there will always be people asking for someone to rate their team or flat out tell them what EV spread to use. Also there is not dividing line between moderation of forums and the organization of forums. Suggesting what should go under a sub forum/suggesting a new sub forum for things to go under is the same thing because you're setting up how something should/could be moderated. Props for responding to Thinkie's suggestion as it makes sense though. 

• 2 weeks later...