Remove the Vs Seeker's Steps-based Recharge

Rache

Question

With Pay Day's effect removed when used on wild Pokemon, that leaves only NPCs as the best source of income that does not rely on trade or attempting to Thief items with a low hold rate. When the Vs Seeker is the best way to farm money, it will be used frequently by a lot of players and will become a very important item. Traveling around the region each day using it on every trainer means that the player will be biking a LOT to recharge it.

Mindlessly biking up and down is bad gameplay.

Now that money grinding is actually necessary, that 100 step cooldown on the Vs Seeker begins to become very noticeable. It's pointless, tedious, and doesn't belong in an MMO. If players are expected to be semi-relying on it as a source of income, removing this annoying session of biking that occurs every couple of minutes would be a small and much appreciated mercy.

Pros:

-Makes money grinding more bearable and less tedious

-Removes something obnoxious and pointless

-Somewhat makes up for the inability to fight NPCs more than once per day

Cons:

-None worth mentioning

Discuss~

22 answers to this question

-Changes a canon feature (albeit a silly one)

I agree, If you want to drop the fire red online tag, drop this lame ass feature. Also, "its not canon" is the lamest excuse ever given as a reason not to implement something, they used to use it all the time. 

Updated title to remove any ambiguity (with the 20 hour cooldown).

Thank you, my mistake.

A hundred steps isnt hard o make.

100 steps isn't. When you multiply that by the number of times it is used per day by some players though, it becomes thousands and therefore a lot of wasted time.

I agree, If you want to drop the fire red online tag, drop this lame ass feature. Also, "its not canon" is the lamest excuse ever given as a reason not to implement something, they used to use it all the time. 

Touché. Thanks - edited.

Edited by RacheLucario

was going to make a new topic but I figured surely someone already made this.

thank you RacheLucario for the nicely written suggestion, and of course I agree with it.

I'd like to re-write your pros/cons (not that there's anything wrong with what you wrote)-

Pros:

- Removes a highly irritating and utterly pointless inconvenience

- Saves a few seconds of a player's life. Playing a game in general is arguably a waste of time, but this is UTTERLY WASTED time biking back and forth for no good reason

Cons:

- Will allow players to make their vs seek money about 8 seconds sooner, which could potentially wreck the economy (sarcasm. there are no cons. please take this crap away asap)

if we're concerned about staying "true to the game" (no one is) or "realistic" let's all just pretend that in PokeMMO the Vs Seeker comes with an extra battery that you can "pop in" while the other one charges.

I'm so tired of biking back and forth knowing that I have to "charge" the thing only for it to say "1 step left" omfG it's asinine

sunlight

Requiring players to do their VS Seeker runs only during the day sounds pretty terrible. If we allowed multiple charges which could be depleted, then it would still prohibit them from being indoors during the 3h daytime sessions.

This is assuming we add solar panel support obviously. The swing harvesters required for the current implementation were a massive pain. No idea how they got that working on GBA.

Well, since steps are technically a second representation of time in the game, why not make the vs seeker charge over, let's say, 30 seconds? I dont think npc battles last over a minute so maybe this can help address the "but how are the batteries supposed to recharge? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) "

Its either that or cutting down the steps required for it to charge if you don't want to remove the charge mechanic completely

Requiring players to do their VS Seeker runs only during the day sounds pretty terrible. If we allowed multiple charges which could be depleted, then it would still prohibit them from being indoors during the 3h daytime sessions.

This is assuming we add solar panel support obviously. The swing harvesters required for the current implementation were a massive pain. No idea how they got that working on GBA.

air should do it then :)

With Pay Day's effect removed when used on wild Pokemon, that leaves only NPCs as the best source of income that does not rely on trade or attempting to Thief items with a low hold rate. When the Vs Seeker is the best way to farm money, it will be used frequently by a lot of players and will become a very important item. Traveling around the region each day using it on every trainer means that the player will be biking a LOT to recharge it.

If I recall, mindlessly biking up and down was stated by the staff themselves to be bad gameplay.

Now that money grinding is actually necessary, that 100 step cooldown on the Vs Seeker begins to become very noticeable. It's pointless, tedious, and doesn't belong in an MMO. If players are expected to be semi-relying on it as a source of income, removing this annoying session of biking that occurs every couple of minutes would be a small and much appreciated mercy.

Pros:

-Makes money grinding more bearable and less tedious

-Removes something obnoxious and pointless

-Somewhat makes up for the inability to fight NPCs more than once per day

Cons:

-None worth mentioning

Discuss~

Rache, this idea is revolutionary. When I grind, I have to hear a YT video while I am constantly holding the up and down arrows until the VS seeker activates. Once the VS seeker activates, I put my mind back to playing the game and I battle. I feel like the VS seeker mechanic needs to be updated. I would like to ask, can the devs make the VS seeker work in Hoenn? I don't want to go to my PokeNav everyday to get trainers, I just want to use my seeker and battle the trainers that activate opposed to constantly after a battle, check the pokenav consecutively. 

Rache, this idea is revolutionary. When I grind, I have to hear a YT video while I am constantly holding the up and down arrows until the VS seeker activates. Once the VS seeker activates, I put my mind back to playing the game and I battle. I feel like the VS seeker mechanic needs to be updated. I would like to ask, can the devs make the VS seeker work in Hoenn? I don't want to go to my PokeNav everyday to get trainers, I just want to use my seeker and battle the trainers that activate opposed to constantly after a battle, check the pokenav consecutively. 

Pretty sure theres already a similar system working for hoenn (using the pokenav, https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/56249-changelog-20082015/ )