Of the Safari Zone (Or, curse you Chansey!): A strategy guide

Cubes

Sure that bait makes flee 1/4 as likely? Keep in mind that baiting is also a turn where you risk escape and you have to bait every few other turns.

Apparently throwing multiple bait is useless.

When using multiple baits, the effect on the safari-capture factor stacks, but the escape factor does not. In short, each additional bait halves your catch chance while doing nothing to the escape chance.

Apparently throwing multiple bait is useless.

Really?

But if you bait it says 'the pokemon is eating' for several turns, then 'the pokemon is watching carefully'. Is this misleading in the sense that the flee chance and the catch chance is not reset?

Really?

But if you bait it says 'the pokemon is eating' for several turns, then 'the pokemon is watching carefully'. Is this misleading in the sense that the flee chance and the catch chance is not reset?

Edit: Just did the math, and I can confirm that when the pokemon stops eating, you should throw another bait. Thanks for the feedback, gonna edit the main post.

Once the pokemon is finished eating, the catch and flee chance rates reset. In that case, you could throw another bait, then more balls, and that should be most efficient. I'd have to check the math, but I think that would be the case. The 2 things to remember are that bait lasts from 2-6 turns, and that after a set amount of turns, the pokemon is guaranteed to flee. Ideally, you'd want every ball but the last ball to be bait. The percentages are so small out here though, it won't make much of a difference in your overall catch probabilities and your catch rates.

Math stuff:

38.8% chance of bait>b-ball>b-ball>ball gives you a 9.1% chance of capture.

39.4% chance of bait>b-ball>b-ball>bait>b-ball>b-ball>b-ball>b-ball>b-ball gives you an 10.1% chance of capture.

Ah, so that sounds more like how I've been trying for a chansey. Since I had heard that bait lowered the capture rate I was worried that throwing more than one bait would just further lower the capture rate. All of these little technical things are not only going to make me feel more prepared, but also more encouraged that I'm not just making it harder for myself to catch these pokemon :D

Some people are just lazy. I skimmed it in like 2 minutes.

Basically with all factors considered this person thinks that bait then throwing balls is best strategy.

You will go through twice as many balls is the only down side. You will spend more money at safari zone.. but you will have a slightly higher catch rate.

Note: catch rate is always really low with the hard ones. Safari balls are poop.

Edit: thanks for taking the time to researchin and type out/share your thoughts cube. Much appreciated.

-Jenna

The response I have to it costing more money, is that 500 pokedollars is incredibly cheap. A single trainer battle is usually much more than that.

Even a level 50 persian using payday while holding an amulet coin gives 500 pokedollars. Heck, even a level 25 it only takes two uses to earn that much.

I was merely posting that for efficiency's sake. I know 500 doesn't mean much in the long run, but at least for me, I like to know I'm getting the most bang for my buck. What I've found is that you rarely if ever run out of balls first, so you're paying the same amount at the same rate, just using more balls per attempt.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.