Allow to battle against players with bigger difference in ELO ratings

OrangeManiac

Question

The matchmaking finds yourself an opponent closest to your rating in matchmaking, and basically playing against "your own level" and I think that's fine. However, what is sort of annoying is that it usually leads you to battle same people over and over again and sometimes even worse - right after when you have battled someone you reduel against the same person again. That just leads into boring plays since both know each other's teams and movesets. I'd suggest to make the ELO rating difference to play against opponents a bit bigger so don't have to 1) wait so long 2) play same people repeatedly.

Edit: Also I don't think the ELO rating reflects at experience or skill directly. For example, there are many experienced competitive players at 3 or 4 battles making them possibly very far in the list even if they have won all their matches. So this basically prevents playing against "same level" players in the first place.

3 answers to this question

I think this would further perfect the matchmaking system and keep it interesting. Any measures taken to make sure the longevity and usefulness of the match making system is upheld are good in my books because I think matchmaking should always be more beneficial than random duels in viridian/other places.