Gift Shop

Hello PokeMMO community,
The Gift Shop is a feature within our community that allows you to contribute to our project and obtain virtual currency that can be used within PokeMMO. This contribution is a voluntary contribution that does not guarantee anything. The virtual currency allows you to enhance your enjoy-ability in PokeMMO. Below is a list of what currently is offered in the Gift Shop and what it provides to the user when credits are used to obtain it.

1. Donator Status Ticket [ 7 days (500RP), 15 days (1000RP), 30 Days (1500RP)]
    An item which can be used to promote your account to Donator Status. Donator Status benefits include:
    • +25% EXP in battles.
    • +10% chance of encountering a shiny.
    • +10% faster egg hatching.

2. PC Expansion Ticket (800RP)
    An item which can be used to expand the PC of a single character by 60 slots.

3. Name Change Ticket (1000RP)
    An item which can be used to change your character's name.

4. Makeover Kit (500RP)
    An item which can be used to change your character's base appearance.

5. Genderswap Ticket (750RP)
    An item which can be used to change your character's gender and base appearance.

6. Amnesia Brace (1000RP)
    An untradeable item to be held by a Pokemon. It makes the holder forget any new battle experience while retaining Effort Values (EVs).

7. Move Ocarinas
    Each Ocarina summons a Pokemon to use its designated HM. Can only be used out of battle. Cannot be used in certain instances.
    Requires a certain badge in each region to use.
    • Cut Ocarina (200RP)
    • Fly Ocarina (200RP)
    • Surf Ocarina (200RP)
    • Strenght Ocarina (200RP)
    • Flash Ocarina (200RP)
    • Rock Smash Ocarina (200RP)
    • Waterfall Ocarina (200RP)
    • Dive Ocarina (200RP)

8. Various customization options (vanities)
    The prices vary from 75 to 1000 Reward Points.

All questions or concerns on the method for which you obtain the virtual currency must go through our payment processor.

Any other questions you wish to ask you may do so in this thread.

Suggestions:

1. Color Changes for 5$ donation's worth of points. Tired of seeing Blue? Change to Red. Tired of seeing Cyan? Change to Green.
  2. 10$ donation's worth of points, you get an entirely new "Donator Status Color", Silver or Gold (your choice).
  3. 10$ donation's worth of points, you get a better pair of Running Shoes that increases movement speed. Makes traversing Gyms/Towns/Caves/etc. easier if you forgot to get the bike/aren't up to the point of getting a bike, etc.
  4. Alternative suggestion to above: Bike+, increase movement speed of your bike.
  5. 20$ donation's worth of points, you gain access to a new Chat Tab called "VIP" where only fellow 20$ donators have access. Only for the classiest of players... who have money to donate.

The other 2 buffs make donating justifiable if you want some perks, but +10% shiny increase rate?

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1%2F8192+%2B+10%25+simplified

or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1%2F8192+%2B+10%25 if you prefer decimal values...

I'd say make the rate more noticeable for this incentive, or just take it out completely.

Well if people are donating voluntarily then this doesn't really affect them, but for people that are in hopes of finding more shinies with this are going to be quite displeased.

You give the money as a donation. The added chance of getting a shiny is merely a bonus.

Ok. I'm going to clue a few of you in who have no idea what you're talking about. I have had multiple successful WoW private servers that have been from 1st-30th on the WoWextremetop100 (Aka thousands of players on at a certain time).

Yes. Technically they are called "Donations", but guess what? They aren't going to be making enough money to support the servers by relying on the good Samaritans. The only reason it may work for a little while on here is because it's an actual project that hasn't been done before (CORRECTLY) and these guys seem to be nailing it. Sooner or later like most free to play games they will need to add more things to the donation list, unless they want to flood the webpages with ads. I'm assuming the only reason the prices are so high right now is they don't want everyone donating and then the amount of donators exceeds the amount of players allowed in the game. I donated 60$ before the gift shop even opened. All i'm saying is they need to spice up the gift shop items. PWO has theirs set to 300% shiny chance increase at 6$ a month (shitty game though). Which is actually way to high.

Ok. I'm going to clue a few of you in who have no idea what you're talking about. I have had multiple successful WoW private servers that have been from 1st-30th on the WoWextremetop100 (Aka thousands of players on at a certain time).

Yes. Technically they are called "Donations", but guess what? They aren't going to be making enough money to support the servers by relying on the good Samaritans. The only reason it may work for a little while on here is because it's an actual project that hasn't been done before (CORRECTLY) and these guys seem to be nailing it. Sooner or later like most free to play games they will need to add more things to the donation list, unless they want to flood the webpages with ads. I'm assuming the only reason the prices are so high right now is they don't want everyone donating and then the amount of donators exceeds the amount of players allowed in the game. I donated 60$ before the gift shop even opened. All i'm saying is they need to spice up the gift shop items. PWO has theirs set to 300% shiny chance increase at 6$ a month (shitty game though). Which is actually way to high.

Of course there should be more options, just keep it cosmetic. The second you give players an edge for donating, it becomes pay2win trash.

Of course there should be more options, just keep it cosmetic. The second you give players an edge for donating, it becomes pay2win trash.

Yes of course. I agree with you but that means hats will also be on a lease. Unless they want to add a feature where you can buy a perma hat for a bookoo amount of money as well. Are there other cosmetics other than hats that they would be able to sell?

Cool story bro, 10/10 would listen to again.

All i'm saying is they need to spice up the gift shop items.

>Asking them to improve something after the very first implementation of it.

On topic:

For example re-skinning your character for a one-time fee, maybe with more noticeable skins on a rental basis? (Ie/ 300 coins for a one time change and 150 per week for a Giovanni skin)

I do hope that they add secret bases in the future, because that would open up a huge avenue for coin-buying cosmetic items.

Perhaps being able to buy extra boxes in the PC for the collectors, and having a few exclusive mails for 100 coins each?

Edited by Tokxilchaosz

Ads would be fine, and anybody who complains about them would just be whiners. Ads are a decent way of getting JUST ENOUGH money to keep servers up while allowing for donations to go towards upgrading them or other such things.

Cosmetic things such as new colors for the Trainer Sprites, increasing overworld movement speed, etc. are things that impact a player's experience conveniently while not going anywhere near the actual competitive gameplay part of it: the battling. Which is what the entire system of the game is about and played for. Skins, movement speed, increased shiny chances, exp boosts, etc. are all perfectly fine.

I'm gonna drop my opinion, take it as you will.

I disagree with the increasing chance of shinies. Ultimately, Shiny Pokemon are the one incentive in making this game feel like an MMO. Where certain MMOs will have you able to upgrade gear or hunt down rare items, this game simply has EV training, IV/Nature hunting, and Shiny Pokemon.

I feel the only real end game enjoyment to be taken from this game would be from socializing and while you do that you would probably EV or hunt for a shiny. Well there's less of an incentive to want to hunt that Shiny Pokemon if it's more easily available to other players.

10% isn't a big deal, but it is there, and it belittles the rest of the communities efforts in finding a shiny. I agree with the cosmetic changes, but disagree with the more game-changing ones.

I'm gonna drop my opinion, take it as you will.

I disagree with the increasing chance of shinies. Ultimately, Shiny Pokemon are the one incentive in making this game feel like an MMO. Where certain MMOs will have you able to upgrade gear or hunt down rare items, this game simply has EV training, IV/Nature hunting, and Shiny Pokemon.

I feel the only real end game enjoyment to be taken from this game would be from socializing and while you do that you would probably EV or hunt for a shiny. Well there's less of an incentive to want to hunt that Shiny Pokemon if it's more easily available to other players.

10% isn't a big deal, but it is there, and it belittles the rest of the communities efforts in finding a shiny. I agree with the cosmetic changes, but disagree with the more game-changing ones.

It's a 10% increase of 1/8192

Barely anything

10% is barely anything, and that's why I stated directly "it isn't a big deal". But you also have to remember that this game is looked to as an MMO, not a single player hand-held game.

I recall another issue the game has with a queue of 1,000. Excluding the numbers you generally have online, because I don't know an exact for it, let's use the 1,000 for the calculations.

That means in every 8 battles, you get 1 shiny. That's assuming there's only 1,000 players and that they only do 8 battles a day.

So not only do I think lowering the shiny rate is a bad thing, I wouldn't complain if they devs INCREASED it.

Now this is breaking from single fun into a more MMO community, but you need to look at a few factors in all of this. So I'm not going to go any further into it, as I'm sure there's a handful of people who want me beheaded for even suggesting a decrease in shiny appearance rates.

But what you have to realize is this game lacks an end game. Once you get so far you're stuck with the VS seeker and a Pokedex. I would bet money that people get on this game simply to find Shiny Pokemon and I think it's very unfair to belittle their efforts EVEN IF by a small percentage chance for other players.

For the record people, you donate because you believe in this game and you love the work the Devs have given you. Not because you're getting a reward or perk out of it. You're doing it out of the GOODNESS OF YOUR HEART (even though most people here don't seem to grasp that concept). Not because you get something in return.

For real people! Donate cause the devs spend their time and money making a game we all love :D . Do it cause you wanna fight the elite 4 :angry: , or do it for your outright love for all things Pokemon! :lol: but don`t do it for the sole purpose of being given a reward. :(

At the start, being a Good Samaritan works

When the game progresses and more updates are coming then there should be more things added. Donating is supposed to be supportive and out of the kindness of people's heart. But I think of it as a business transaction. Something needs to be exchanged of close to equal value in perspective. So no, donating now isn't the best time