Gift Shop

Just thought i'd post this here because my original topic about it received no views.  I donated to the game last week via the direct debit option that is available, but this time when I tried to donate it says that the direct debit payment option is temporarily disabled. I'm just wondering when it will be enabled again as it is my only way of donating. Thanks. Also, sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum for this

Why not do what guild wars 2 does with magic find percentage?

For those that don't know, they allow you to have well over 100% mf but all it does is increase the percentage of rarer materials and drips by the %*drop rate.

So say you had a 100%bonus to shiny appearance, that percentage would only increase the appearance of shiny by double. So something that was like 0.001% is now 0.002% or w.e. it works for gw2 to an extent. You could have those higher percentage numbers for higher donations as well.

Just an idea. Also this was directed to the original topic of the thread. Lol

Why not do what guild wars 2 does with magic find percentage?

For those that don't know, they allow you to have well over 100% mf but all it does is increase the percentage of rarer materials and drips by the %*drop rate.

So say you had a 100%bonus to shiny appearance, that percentage would only increase the appearance of shiny by double. So something that was like 0.001% is now 0.002% or w.e. it works for gw2 to an extent. You could have those higher percentage numbers for higher donations as well.

Just an idea. Also this was directed to the original topic of the thread. Lol

There's no point to it. The current system works, and the +25% rate is a more significant boost than 100% Magic Find in GW2 for certain items. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to donate to help keep this great MMO alive and thriving. is there a set amount? or just donate whatever i can afford?

There is no set amount but we gift you with the ability to obtain items from our gift shop depending on how much you donate. You can find the gift shop in game with all the details.

New Donator Status & Auto Egg Hatch

Current Donator Status - 25% EXP, 10% chance of encountering shinies.

New Donator Status - 25% EXP, 10% chance of encountering shinies, allowed to stay AFK without disconnecting and reduce steps on egg hatching by 50% (example - without status 5000 steps, with status 2500 steps) 

Also add somthing like auto egg hatch (example - 500 Reward Points for  x99 Auto Egg Hatch) each auto egg hatch allows u to hatch 1 egg without having to take a single step.

I thought of an item that doesn't ruin the economy and would be extremely beneficial to the hard core players.  Create a donor item that is 2500 points that allows you to run the pokemmo calculator at the beginning or during the battle.  The nature and IVs are chosen when the poke spawns, so access to that information should be accessible with a small amount of programming.  This saves those that farm comp pokes a lot of pokeballs without crashing the economy.  This function does not change IVs or natures in any way, just eliminates a full PC when you farm.  You can catch only the pokes you want to catch.  Just an idea, but I think it would be warmly welcomed.

P.S.  I am unaware of how the nature and IV's are established for eggs, but if they are also set when the egg is taken from the daycare, allowing this to function for eggs would be amazing and not necessarily unfair.  Every player still has to wait 10 minutes for a chance to get an egg.  Most wait for a full 5 before going out to hatch them anyway.  Those players with this tool would have the advantage of not having to hatch every egg they get, but they also would not have the benefit of all of the pokemon they choose not to hatch. Therefor, it would not be unfair to those "Poor" players that could not afford the tool, the time frame is the same regardless.

I know that this would make the game slightly pay to win but how about adding masterballs and rare candies to the gift shop in quantities of say 10 in a pack for like 5 bucks each. and its really not all that game breaking as someone with skill wont use a masterball to catch a legendary (aside from mewtwo, and the legendary beasts)

and rare candies are really only used by people who dont get ev training. so it is not quite p2w but it is leaning that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Increasing anything the gift shop( especially donator status) from this point is verging on pay to win. It is currently in a state where the term "donator" still applies. It's not a way for people with money to be able to outdo the people with money, it's a way to support the devs. As for amnesia brace, there is no real need to have it, it's a nice little help though, that's the way everything should be in my opinion. I'm seeing a lot of posts here that pretty much make the entire game broken.

New Donator Status - 25% EXP, 10% chance of encountering shinies, allowed to stay AFK without disconnecting and reduce steps on egg hatching by 50% (example - without status 5000 steps, with status 2500 steps) 

Donator status is great the way it is, this gives an unfair advantage to players who buy donator status and alienates anyone who doesn't use it. I do not recommend any changes to donator status.

Also add somthing like auto egg hatch (example - 500 Reward Points for  x99 Auto Egg Hatch) each auto egg hatch allows u to hatch 1 egg without having to take a single step.

5 dollars to hatch 99 eggs. For bagon this is 2,079,000 steps less you have to take at the measly price of 5 dollars. Atm 5 dollars buys you a hat. This completely breaks the entire economy of Pokemmo instantly.

Genuine question inbound. I will assume I'll get some sort of heat for it, but remember this comes from a certain naivety. This is my first and only MMO.

What's wrong with pay2win? I see an example where it comes in to play, and I don't fully understand why it's a problem. A guy challenges you in Viridian, you square off. He's a better player (in some intangible way) but you won because something you bought for IRL money gave you an advantage. I see why that might be frustrating for the guy who didn't pay in to the game, but here's where I'm coming from. Imagine the difference between you and the better player was two hours of training or experience. That two hours with my salary is 'x' amount of bucks, that I earned from working but put straight back in to the game. If I paid that amount of money to effectively buy the win, then what is the difference between that and him grinding for two hours to turn the advantage back his way? It's the same amount of time, spent in two different places but with the same outcome.

I get an opportunity to use something I'd pay for (given it was a reasonable price and offset the time-based effort involved in grinding for said object/Pokemon) and the guys running this project have their servers paid for (and then some, perhaps).

Genuine question inbound. I will assume I'll get some sort of heat for it, but remember this comes from a certain naivety. This is my first and only MMO.

What's wrong with pay2win? I see an example where it comes in to play, and I don't fully understand why it's a problem. A guy challenges you in Viridian, you square off. He's a better player (in some intangible way) but you won because something you bought for IRL money gave you an advantage. I see why that might be frustrating for the guy who didn't pay in to the game, but here's where I'm coming from. Imagine the difference between you and the better player was two hours of training or experience. That two hours with my salary is 'x' amount of bucks, that I earned from working but put straight back in to the game. If I paid that amount of money to effectively buy the win, then what is the difference between that and him grinding for two hours to turn the advantage back his way? It's the same amount of time, spent in two different places but with the same outcome.

I get an opportunity to use something I'd pay for (given it was a reasonable price and offset the time-based effort involved in grinding for said object/Pokemon) and the guys running this project have their servers paid for (and then some, perhaps).

Because if a game becomes pay 2 win then its not fun anymore.  If you know that no matter how long or hard you grind, or how good you get, some jackass who blew 100 bucks on the game has better things than you and could beat you just because of that.  In PokeMMO pay2win wouldn't be quite as big an issue in other games because even with incredible IVs, natures, egg moves, etc there is still a large enough skill component that strong competitors could stand up to them, but if you get a skilled competitor who buys the best possible pokemon then there isn't much else you can do.  

TL;DR - the game stops being fun because you're wasting your time just to lose to some rich phaggot