Gift Shop

[quote name='Frozty' timestamp='1363656935' post='235030']
The gift shop in game says +10% chance of catching a shiny. In this thread it says 10% increase to what is already there. Saying +10% means for the existing lets say .5% chance there is to catch one, it would be instead a 10.5% chance to encounter a shiny. I donated for that reason solely. Since it says in game +10% I would like a refund. You falsely advertised it. Your donations page has nothing about no refunds so I would very much like one.
[/quote]

+10% indicates a 10% boost of the existing rate, not a flat 10% rate. I apologise if you feel you have been misled. If you have a suggestion as to how it should be worded to be disambiguated, I'd like to hear it.

We do not offer refunds for donations.

[quote name='Kyu' timestamp='1363657682' post='235040']

+10% indicates a 10% boost of the existing rate, not a flat 10% rate. I apologise if you feel you have been misled. If you have a suggestion as to how it should be worded to be disambiguated, I'd like to hear it.

[/quote]

I edited my original post after. That was a rage post and I apologize. Change the wording to "10% boost to the existing rate of encountering a shiny (1/8152 -> 1/1733[or whatever it is])

[quote name='Kyu' timestamp='1363657682' post='235040']

[/quote]

what a.... manly incubator profile picture you have there... ((good. makes me even hate him more T u T.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Voltage69' timestamp='1365152265' post='267159']
I bought a 7 day donator status so do I have to find the status thing or does it automatically give me it
[/quote]

When you log in, you should see a little message in the chat window confirming that you have it and how long you have remaining.

I'm making this opinion based on how I see donations working; if I'm wrong, please correct me.

I don't think donations should be based on "days"; I really feel it should be "time played". Someone could donate for 7 days, but for whatever reason, they are only able to play 2 days of that 7 (either through emergency or other real life issues). To me, that doesn't seem fair. I think it might be better to say that "this $ = this many hours of game play". So, maybe $10 = 24 hours of actual gameplay. Or whatever, the number can change. That's just my two cents, take them or leave them.

[quote name='Kamikitsune0' timestamp='1365178816' post='267665']
I'm making this opinion based on how I see donations working; if I'm wrong, please correct me.

I don't think donations should be based on "days"; I really feel it should be "time played". Someone could donate for 7 days, but for whatever reason, they are only able to play 2 days of that 7 (either through emergency or other real life issues). To me, that doesn't seem fair. I think it might be better to say that "this $ = this many hours of game play". So, maybe $10 = 24 hours of actual gameplay. Or whatever, the number can change. That's just my two cents, take them or leave them.
[/quote]
This has been brought up in the past. The reason why it's days instead of time played is because... Well, I don't know. Let's just wait for a staff to answer this officially.

[quote name='Kamikitsune0' timestamp='1365178816' post='267665']

[/quote]

I quite like that it should be based on time played, because my internets cuts off alot so i could buy it on monday, and then my internet could cut out from monday to sunday, losing me 7 days of donation.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1365178928' post='267670']
This has been brought up in the past. The reason why it's days instead of time played is because... Well, I don't know. Let's just wait for a staff to answer this officially.
[/quote]
Isn't it obvious?
[spoiler][img]http://transitionvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/money1.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

What if the developers came out with an announcement that they couldn't keep the servers online next month because of monetary problems? Would any of you change your mind about donating to help the game? I for one am happy with how donator status works, and I've probably bought it more than most people on here. Point is, if you like this game enough to even be here on the forums and play the game, you can probably afford ten bucks now and again to keep this dream alive. I'll most likely keep getting donator status every month like I have been, not for any bonus, but so I can keep enjoying this great mmo.

I feel like I will donate soon because I appreciate the way this game works, plus I love how all the gm's are very kind and always up to answer your questions, etc.
However, I think you should implement very low cash donations because on some country, like mine, we're in a depth crysis and for example, if in Finland you donate 15 $, that's the proportional of donating 1$ on some country. So it wouldn't be bad idea adding very MINOR things for like 1 or 2 bucks, for people who live in countries like mine.

It's not that I care at all about the gift shop I won't even pick anything if that's possible, but I know how some people does work, and some will donate just for the prizes and not for helping the server.

But to be honest, this server is so great and staff works hard. Keep it up.

[quote name='sordxyx' timestamp='1365816882' post='282201']
Shiney Gem Cost 10000 Points
Does turns most Pokemon into a shiny Cant be used on
Starters Legendary
Eevee evolutions but can be used on Eevee
[/quote]

theyve already said so many times that this will never be done hun

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I wanted to buy some friends of mine some gift items on here, but I discovered in-game that this is impossible to do. You can't buy other people items directly, you can't attach gift items to pokemon, and you can't transfer gift items. I even talked to a CM about this and he said that they're not allowed to move them for us.

I understand if this isn't a development priority right now, but this seems like a really easy thing to implement and a good source of additional donations. I mean, even if there is some sort of programming limitation preventing the direct trading of gift items, allowing people to buy them directly for other players would avoid this whole issue entirely.

Personally though, I think simply making gift items attachable to Pokemon would be the easiest fix and give the most freedom to players.

[quote name='Vryheid' timestamp='1366937456' post='307104']
Personally, I wanted to buy some friends of mine some gift items on here, but I discovered in-game that this is impossible to do. You can't buy other people items directly, you can't attach gift items to pokemon, and you can't transfer gift items. I even talked to a CM about this and he said that they're not allowed to move them for us.

I understand if this isn't a development priority right now, but this seems like a really easy thing to implement and a good source of additional donations. I mean, even if there is some sort of programming limitation preventing the direct trading of gift items, allowing people to buy them directly for other players would avoid this whole issue entirely.

Personally though, I think simply making gift items attachable to Pokemon would be the easiest fix and give the most freedom to players.
[/quote]
Or... you could just give them reward points.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1367170338' post='310490']
Give them money to buy it.
[/quote]

We're talking about kids that don't have paypals and may or may not have a credit card. They don't have a way of buying this stuff online even if I somehow could give them money. If you think giving someone else access to your credit card is a solution to this problem then you're a braver soul than I am.

By the way, there is absolutely no reason why simply letting pokemon have this item attached to them would be hard to do, and it would also make the current economy more interesting than just "WTT SHINY FOR LUCKY EGG" and vice versa.

[quote name='Vryheid' timestamp='1367171065' post='310505']
We're talking about kids that don't have paypals and may or may not have a credit card. They don't have a way of buying this stuff online even if I somehow could give them money. If you think giving someone else access to your credit card is a solution to this problem then you're a braver soul than I am.

By the way, there is absolutely no reason why simply letting pokemon have this item attached to them would be hard to do, and it would also make the current economy more interesting than just "WTT SHINY FOR LUCKY EGG" and vice versa.
[/quote]
I am not sure if it is possible, but doesn't the gift shop/donation thingy have an option to pay with cards you can buy at your local store?
Such as paysafe cards in Europe, so they do possibly have a way of getting points. (didn't follow the whole discussion, so sorry if I am saying the dead obvious)

[quote name='TheGloriousWalrus' timestamp='1367174996' post='310604']
I am not sure if it is possible, but doesn't the gift shop/donation thingy have an option to pay with cards you can buy at your local store?
Such as paysafe cards in Europe, so they do possibly have a way of getting points. (didn't follow the whole discussion, so sorry if I am saying the dead obvious)
[/quote]

Practically all stores have cards you just mentioned. I don't know why the other dude was complaining about.

[quote name='Vryheid' timestamp='1367171065' post='310505']

[/quote]

If vanity items become able to be traded then the game becomes somewhat Pay2Win (items that "cost money" would be desired and have significant worth in-game, therefore people who pay would have an advantage in trading).