Gift Shop

[quote name='Siege' timestamp='1360223391' post='188159']
I've donated my fair share of times so I hope I don't come off as a dick, but the cosmetic items are way too expensive right now. 10 bucks for 10 pixels? C'mon now.
[/quote]

The majority of skins are 500/250 reward points right now. The 1000 reward point skins are usually overly elaborate, and may be disruptive to other people (such as the gigantic Butterfly Wings or the Demonic Mask.)

We're also doing price adjustments for older skins that may not be announced publicly. We'll be providing a better interface for the Gift Shop next update too.

[quote name='Kyu' timestamp='1360388921' post='190746']
The majority of skins are 500/250 reward points right now. The 1000 reward point skins are usually overly elaborate, and may be disruptive to other people (such as the gigantic Butterfly Wings or the Demonic Mask.)

We're also doing price adjustments for older skins that may not be announced publicly. We'll be providing a better interface for the Gift Shop next update too.
[/quote]

Now, I hope this statement doesn't effect anything. Cause I have most of the 1000 reward point items, but...If you price them so high due to the "disturbance" they may cause, why make them at all? I mean I see why that is why the Get Out frog is only available to you guys, cause let's face it I would sit in Oak's Lab all day chasing noobs cause I want to see how they react...Cruel but I need fun too sometimes xD, back to point, the mask and wings are nowhere near as disruptive as an animated item. So I personally think unless the mask moves. or the wings flap they should be...maybe 500-750 depending on what it is. The Butterfly Wings I would price at 500...because they have no reference or anything...maybe to Taboo but I don't know if you guys made it a reference. Iconic items like [s]Majora's[/s] Demonic Mask, understandable at 750...10 is a bit much but I donate regularly so not really complaining, just a suggestion.

[quote name='Patrick' timestamp='1358567198' post='166818']
1. Your donations wouldn't be wiped in any case, and
2. There won't be a wipe.
[/quote]

Not to sound like a dick...but he asked IF...if the circumstance arose, or even if it was an accidental wipe...IF there was a wipe; what would happen. Yes there will not be a wipe, but say someone goes rouge and says "fuck these disrepectful players! wipe time!" which I doubt would happen...but yet again IF there was a wipe...IF...not when....if; would our contributions be linked back to us by IP or email and points put back on our IG accounts? I may have read him wrong, but if I understand he's asking about an IG wipe?

[quote name='Cifer44' timestamp='1360462818' post='191636']
Not to sound like a dick...but he asked IF...if the circumstance arose, or even if it was an accidental wipe...IF there was a wipe; what would happen. Yes there will not be a wipe, but say someone goes rouge and says "fuck these disrepectful players! wipe time!" which I doubt would happen...but yet again IF there was a wipe...IF...not when....if; would our contributions be linked back to us by IP or email and points put back on our IG accounts? I may have read him wrong, but if I understand he's asking about an IG wipe?
[/quote]
I'm gonna take "IG" to mean "PokeMMO account" (because donations are by account, not character) so forgive me if it's not what you meant.

It's not my area but I can't imagine any situation where there would be an accounts wipe.

Not that it matters, because it's been said a thousand times that there won't be one anyway.

[quote name='Patrick' timestamp='1360466419' post='191684']
I'm gonna take "IG" to mean "PokeMMO account" (because donations are by account, not character) so forgive me if it's not what you meant.

It's not my area but I can't imagine any situation where there would be an accounts wipe.

Not that it matters, because it's been said a thousand times that there won't be one anyway.
[/quote]
Yes I mean it as PokeMMO account and I'm aware it won't happen, but I'm sure some players always have doubts, .so why not reassure it lol

[quote name='Kuma' timestamp='1361109367' post='200432']
I was gonna donate, but apparently VISA is not an available method of doing so in my region (Denmark) and I've never used any of the other options.
[/quote]

Try donating via mobile phone it's quite reliable&easy than any other if it's available

[quote name='Kuma' timestamp='1361571475' post='207518']
How do you bind the money transfer to a specific account when buying Reward Points? I was gonna buy some today but I didn't seem to find anything like that and so I hesitate to do so.
[/quote]

You obtain reward points when you are logged in the game so it links to that account when giving the points. So whatever account you are logged into ingame will be the one that receives the points.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1363084230' post='226295']
Suggestion : Use the sprites of NPC's. Let us buy clothes,hair,etc. that are already designed in-game. That would give us players a whole lot more variety ,while taking some burdon off of Darkshade.
[/quote]

That's hardly a time/effort-saver and in fact would limit the future development of custom sprites. Darkshade creates vanity items from scratch in such a way that they work together.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1363084230' post='226295']
Suggestion : Use the sprites of NPC's. Let us buy clothes,hair,etc. that are already designed in-game. That would give us players a whole lot more variety ,while taking some burdon off of Darkshade.
[/quote]
What Patrick said, plus the fact that there are a ton of frames that NPCs don't have which player characters would require.

I spliced a few Pokemon overworld sprites with the character sprite. I suggest a new slot (tail).

First row: Back slot, Giratina/Altaria/Masquerain/Salamence/Charizard
Second row: Hat slot, Absol/Ludicolo/Chinchou/Pinsir/Cubone/Slowking
Third row: Tail slot, Mewtwo/Azurill/Azelf/Luxray/Ampharos/Floatzel/Mew

(Sorry I don't know how to put things in spoilers ><)

(I know he's already wearing a hat and the Giratina wings are too big)
[img]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7872/giftshopp.jpg[/img]

[quote name='veganatidae' timestamp='1363120785' post='226692']
I spliced a few Pokemon overworld sprites with the character sprite. I suggest a new slot (tail).

First row: Back slot, Giratina/Altaria/Masquerain/Salamence/Charizard
Second row: Hat slot, Absol/Ludicolo/Chinchou/Pinsir/Cubone/Slowking
Third row: Tail slot, Mewtwo/Azurill/Azelf/Luxray/Ampharos/Floatzel/Mew

(Sorry I don't know how to put things in spoilers ><)

(I know he's already wearing a hat and the Giratina wings are too big)
[img]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7872/giftshopp.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

There are plans for more vanity item slots, variety etc. but please keep in mind that the process of adding vanity items is much more complicated than a single frame for each. Also, Darkshade makes sprites from scratch rather than using/"splicing" others' resources for obvious reasons.

My Suggestion since this is called a "Gift Shop" maybe we could buy the things for your friends or your self?
Example: Amnecia Brace there will be a box and choose if you will buy this for your self or but as a gift for your friends and if it is for your friend you will enter the IGN of your friend and the gift will be sent on the character and add a thing called inbox for messages or gifts so the gifted item will be put there. just a suggestion :D

Suggestion: Refer a Friend, what i mean by this is have in donator section of game Refer a Friend tag, then it will prompted the person who is referring their friend to put their email in and send them a invitation to the game even though it is free. once their friend receives it and buys donator status, then the person that refereed their should get extra days added to their account so lets say his friend bought 30 days worth of donator status then his friend would receive an extra 30 days or extra 10 days as part of that refer a friend perk.

[quote name='qwikspell' timestamp='1363142978' post='227056']
My Suggestion since this is called a "Gift Shop" maybe we could buy the things for your friends or your self?
Example: Amnecia Brace there will be a box and choose if you will buy this for your self or but as a gift for your friends and if it is for your friend you will enter the IGN of your friend and the gift will be sent on the character and add a thing called inbox for messages or gifts so the gifted item will be put there. just a suggestion :D
[/quote]

Shu has said before it can be problematic and to avoid it, gifting a friend is unlikely to happen.