Gift Shop

Here's a Gift Shop suggestion:

PokeScent Spray - Held Item

Effect: When given to the first Pokemon in your party, increase the chance to find the same Pokemon on a route (if normally found) by 10%. (Excludes: Safari Zone)

Not necessarily a game breaking item but can help people in finding tough Pokemon such as the low spawning Lapras, Heracross, Larvitar, etc.

Doesn't Sweet Scent already do this?

Thing people need to realize before they start screaming "pay 2 win" is that it's not altering the found Pokemon's IVs/Natures. It's only increasing encounter rates. And for Pokemon like Lapras/Skarmory/Larvitar? It's not even increasing their rate above 20% which still makes them slightly tougher to find.

Yeah I imagine 10% is balanced enough to not make it game breaking as the shiny encounter rate is increased by 10% if you're a donator, and I don't seem to see much of a difference before they introduced it and keeping the IVs/natures still random would be a good idea

Doesn't Sweet Scent already do this?

Sweet Scent only makes Pokemon appear. It doesn't increase the encounter rate of harder to find Pokemon like this one would. Catch a Lapras, put on this PokeScent Spray item, all Lapras in Icefall Cave go from 1% to 11% chance of being found. It's not game breakingly higher, but it makes it somewhat easier for some.

Sweet Scent only makes Pokemon appear. It doesn't increase the encounter rate of harder to find Pokemon like this one would. Catch a Lapras, put on this PokeScent Spray item, all Lapras in Icefall Cave go from 1% to 11% chance of being found. It's not game breakingly higher, but it makes it somewhat easier for some.

I see. I guess I didn't read the original post very carefully.

I like the idea but I think 10% might be too high. 5% should be a max. I mean catching a chansey is already 4%, if your 1st pokemon is chancey in the safari zone that would increase you to a 9% chance. Pretty frequent actually.

I see. I guess I didn't read the original post very carefully.

I like the idea but I think 10% might be too high. 5% should be a max. I mean catching a chansey is already 4%, if your 1st pokemon is chancey in the safari zone that would increase you to a 9% chance. Pretty frequent actually.

The item would not work in Safari Zone. Therefore Chanseys and Lucky Eggs would remain as valuable as they are now.

I have 2 suggestions. The first is a request to add an oriental sun hat as a purchasable item in the gift shop. simple

My other suggestion refers to this topic:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/10913-pokemon-happiness-for-pokemon-hats/

I support the idea, and my thoughts were to include a page where talented players (believe me, they exist) can donate the frames needed to make this idea possible at a faster rate. I know there are other priorites for the game, but if making individual frames for each hat is what is keeping this idea from existing, why not ask the community to share in the work and donate with their talent instead of their cash? I will still be donating with cash though

I hope either idea gets some form of consideration.

Yet there are plenty of shinies owned by various players now and being traded around as a higher form of currency, so it must not be too low for everyone else.

Lately, I fought a handler with a complete team of shiny, this shocks me, when I think that the chances to meet a shiny are only 0,13 %

Will we be able to trade the gifts in any future update ?

I mean, it's a gift shop, I thought we would be able to use it to send someone the present we got for them...

I'm pretty sure that making the objects tradable would convince people buying more if they were able to use an item on more than one character,

I know I would.

Maybe with an account warehouse or something ?

I mean, it's a gift shop, I thought we would be able to use it to send someone the present we got for them...

I'm pretty sure that making the objects tradable would convince people buying more if they were able to use an item on more than one character,

I know I would.

I agree it seems a shame you can't do that =\

Also I wish we had more of these to buy in game instead of the gift shop but I doubt that'll happen

I know I would.

Allowing donate items to be tradable will not occur as we do not want donators to greatly effect the ingame economy. Someone could theoretically purchase hundreds of hats and corner the market pretty easily.

Somehow incorporating an account warehouse might be possible in the future but is not going to be worked on anytime soon.

Allowing donate items to be tradable will not occur as we do not want donators to greatly effect the ingame economy. Someone could theoretically purchase hundreds of hats and corner the market pretty easily.

Somehow incorporating an account warehouse might be possible in the future but is not going to be worked on anytime soon.

Well, I get your point. At least would it eventually become an account based item rather than a character one ?

You said that the warehouse would eventually come at some point (which is wonderful, first things first) but without specifying if the item would then be storable (an thus usable on same-account characters).

[quote name='Squirtle' timestamp='1357787207' post='158750']
Allowing donate items to be tradable will not occur as we do not want donators to greatly effect the ingame economy.
[/quote]

If you make it so that they are tradable within the same account people who buy one can share it with their other characters.
Alternatively you can make the User PC contain items through the account so that you can share items within the account easier and a donator benefit could be expanding the user PC.

[quote name='Selfdestructo' timestamp='1357095280' post='150675']
The math on this is remarkably bad.

Currently you have a .0001220703125% chance of finding one. A 10% increase to that is a .00013427734375% chance. That comes to a 1 in 7,447 chance. That's 10% better but still very difficult.

The math can be double checked as 7,447 x 1.1 = 8,191.7
[/quote]

Nah... more like 0.01220703125% and 0.013427734375%

[b]Say that, everyone donates and get their points.. but if for some reason, the game HAS to be wiped after beta..[/b]
[b]What will happen to the players who donated? Will they get their points back?[/b]
[b]Or donate again to get the points?[/b]

[b]This is just me being curious,[/b]
[b]I'm supporting and believing in this game.[/b]
[b]I'm only donating to help you go on with your project, can't wait to see the future news/updates![/b]
[b]But I'm just curious about the points if there IS a wipe.[/b]

[quote name='iAddison' timestamp='1358567066' post='166816']
[b]Say that, everyone donates and get their points.. but if for some reason, the game HAS to be wiped after beta..[/b]
[b]What will happen to the players who donated? Will they get their points back?[/b]
[b]Or donate again to get the points?[/b]

[b]This is just me being curious,[/b]
[b]I'm supporting and believing in this game.[/b]
[b]I'm only donating to help you go on with your project, can't wait to see the future news/updates![/b]
[b]But I'm just curious about the points if there IS a wipe.[/b]
[/quote]

1. Your donations wouldn't be wiped in any case, and
2. There won't be a wipe.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='StClair' timestamp='1359790963' post='180719']
Just wondering, is there a way Australians can get there loyalty points in less time then 4-5 days? To donate through Commonwealth Bank transfer (one of the only ways i could find to donate) takes like 4-6 days...
[/quote]

StClair. That is a question you must ask our payment processor Xsolla as we do not provide all of the options to donate to our server.

[quote name='Plume' timestamp='1357743346' post='158180']

I know I would.
[/quote]

I like your idea, but maybe something more like making the vanity items you purchase in game available on all your 3 characters would be more feasable.