Team Tournament [December Edition]

I need to say something to my PokeMMO brethren....

Everyone on here complains about the current Meta being full of walls, but once a solution is introduced to break down those walls (Tyranitar and Dragonite) everyone is quick to "ban them" for their introductory tournament.

What is preparation? Oh that's right, making sure you have the right walls to force these pokemon into the land of a non-factor.

Learn to deal, it will be fun. Trust.

sorry Lyle , with all the respect i have for you guyz, people didnt prepare for this tourney to have d nite and ttar , its a new meta , not everyone plays 100s , and doesnt know to to deal with 100s pokes and moves , the pokes used in 100s is so different then 50s , the movesets are totally different and not even 24hours before the tourney , this big of a change is too much , mainly people who have prepared 100s win , i don't even play OU so this doesnt concern me pesonnally , but its still a lowblow to those who doesnt know shtt about 100s.

sorry Lyle , with all the respect i have for you guyz, people didnt prepare for this tourney to have d nite and ttar , its a new meta , not everyone plays 100s , and doesnt know to to deal with 100s pokes and moves , the pokes used in 100s is so different then 50s , the movesets are totally different and not even 24hours before the tourney , this big of a change is too much , mainly people who have prepared 100s win , i don't even play OU so this doesnt concern me pesonnally , but its still a lowblow to those who doesnt know shtt about 100s.

rev is ready, lyle is ready. what teams/people are you refering to? 

do i look like i know every player personally to know? im talking in general ... from all the downvotes i see and logic...come on dude use your brain 

you are saying people didnt prepare for this even though they knew it was coming. all im asking is where did you get this information and is it valid. seems logical to me. i know most of the people who have voted no are prepared because a majority of them are on my team. 

so from what i understand the main argument is that people are not prepared, ok i get that.  But what about the people that are prepared? the 100s players? who until recently could only really play 1 tournament a month, and now with the implementation of flat battles they can actually compete in every tournament, and before you say "who plays 100s? lol", sunday night heavyweights have been filled the last 6 months or so except for one bye in september. Also, you guys just added the NU tier to this tournament which really hasn't been that popular until recently, and 100's  Ttar and Dnite, have been seen in comp for a year.

prepared or not nobody knew it was today , where do you see that it was comming today the same day as the last team tourney of the year? an update that changes the metta shouldnt be affected in the last official tourney of the year , if it was said at least 72 hours before the team tourney that flat battles would come out today id undestand but less then 24hours...really? 

and for eggroll , im pretty sure they have more then just 6 pokes , they can play without changing the whole 50s metta , its a 50s tourney afterall

so from what i understand the main argument is that people are not prepared, ok i get that.  But what about the people that are prepared? the 100s players? who until recently could only really play 1 tournament a month, and now with the implementation of flat battles they can actually compete in every tournament, and before you say "who plays 100s? lol", sunday night heavyweights have been filled the last 6 months or so except for one bye in september. Also, you guys just added the NU tier to this tournament which really hasn't been that popular until recently, and 100's  Ttar and Dnite, have been seen in comp for a year.

In that case make the next team tournament "100s" and here I mean including TTar and Dnite. And let this stay as original 50s without Dnite and TTar, the tier which was decided in the OP this wasn't 100s it was 50s I know you can get ttar and dnite in 50s now but that is not how it was originally intended.

Well anyways you guys got 10 days to prepare for NU because you didn't have NUs or know the tier yet even though it has been her for about 6 months, in that case I want 10 days to prepare for "100s/flat" as well. 

Let the tournament stay in the format it was don't change it to "flat/100s" in the last seconds.

[spoiler]This is ridiculous.[/spoiler]

6 Wall fags scared of Tyranis and Danite, how sad!

It's the people without a Ttar and Dnite being scared, since they have a huge disadvantage. And they got forced to play in a tier which wasn't as stated in the start when the OP was originally made. This is basically switching 50s OU to 100s in the last hours before the tournament.

I love how flat battles are now introduced, it will alter the 50 meta from wallfagging it to actually requiring aggression and skill, however I do not believe it is enough time for players to adapt for a serious tournament, if it had been implemented 5 days ago it would've worked out perfectly. However, that not being the case, a half days notice is not enough time to adequately prepare and adjust to a completely new meta game.

I love how flat battles are now introduced, it will alter the 50 meta from wallfagging it to actually requiring aggression and skill, however I do not believe it is enough time for players to adapt for a serious tournament, if it had been implemented 5 days ago it would've worked out perfectly. However, that not being the case, a half days notice is not enough time to adequately prepare and adjust to a completely new meta game.

This^

I'm perfectly fine with TTar and Dnite to get rid of all the wall fgts. *Cough* DD, Aw, Lyle *Cough* But right now it's on a too short notice for us to adapt and learn the changes in the META. ;)

It isn't new, these pokes have been out and seen comp play.  This is a team tournament, so are you meaning to tell me that no one on your team has a dragonite/tyranitar? 

I don't think anyone got a disadvantage, because the fact remains that most people DO have a Tyranitar or Dragonite.

None in PoAu, but we would have a big bunch if we were as lucky as LYLE to get 10 days to let our pokes hump in the daycare with the old man spectating them. And if we had so MUCH time we would even have tried them out and starting to change our current Pokemon sets and teams.

This is basically changing the format from 50s OU to 100s a few hours before the tournament starts.

It isn't new, these pokes have been out and seen comp play.  This is a team tournament, so are you meaning to tell me that no one on your team has a dragonite/tyranitar? 

Oh my god. It isn't about people taking 10 fucking days just to get a Tyranitar/Dragonite for it; it's about the extremely sudden change that may potentially turn the tourney into a riot.

In all fairness i don't think a pool is the best way to resolve this.

Every team was prepared for 50s OU ( the old 50s ), so every team can play with what they have prepared

If a team don't have a 100s player it'll find itself in a bad position, without experiance in that meta and most likely without an usable T-Tar / Dnite and counters to them. Meaning that said team will be at disadvantage against the others, making the tourney not that fair

The argoument about "you can always win by winning UU and NU" is stupid (note: i was againts the change to NU after announcing OU Doubles ) cause you have to win those 2 battles, while the other team has potentially to win only 1 ( this implying the other team can take advantage of T-Tar / Dnite and winning surelly OU ) 

About the fact that Flat Battles were announced, it's true, but no one expected them the same day as the team tourney, letting unprepared players pretty much no time to get ready again. I personally knew about them, but, not playing 100s, didn't prepare a T-Tar / Dnite yet ( i could have breeded them in the hour i was online before, but i would have not beeing able to EV and level them ).

I don't think anyone got a disadvantage, because the fact remains that most people DO have a Tyranitar or Dragonite.

False, the player that we wanted to make battle in OU doesn't have an usable comp T-Tar or Dnite, never playied 100s before and don't know if he could find out a decent counter to them

Anyway

I won't vote because I'm not participating in OU anyway

I don't even know if my team will be able to partecipate  get a spot in the bracket, if it does i'm not the OU player, so i won't vote 

EDIT: I'm not against T-Tar and Dnite in OU, those 2 will be fresh air for the tier