Team Tournament [December Edition]

This will be a flat battle tournament.

We are going to let you guys decide on whether Tyranitar and Dragonite should be banned since you had no time to prepare for them in this tournament. All level 50 tournaments from here on will include the Pokemon, however.

Starting now, you have until 12:00 PM EST (2 hours 47 minutes from this post). 

Tyranitar and Dragonite will be banned from UU and NU matches no matter what.

Discuss. Also, keep in mind all flaming posts and drama will not be considered "votes". Let's keep it clean.

This will be a flat battle tournament.

However, we are going to let you guys decide on whether Tyranitar and Dragonite should be banned since you had no time to prepare for them in this tournament. All level 50 tournaments from here on will include the Pokemon, however.

Starting now, you have until 12:00 PM EST (2 hours 47 minutes from this post). 

Tyranitar and Dragonite will be banned from UU and NU matches no matter what.

Discuss. Also, keep in mind all flaming posts and drama will not be considered "votes". Let's keep it clean.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I DO NOT think TTar or Dnite should be allowed in the team tournament today, simply because they are too big of a change in the META for us to respond to it in what? That would be about 4 hours for me.

Official Ballot 2013:

_

|_| Tyranitar and Dragonite Allowed

_

|x| Tyranitar and Dragonite Not Allowed

Official Ballot 2013:

_

|x| Tyranitar and Dragonite Allowed

_

|_| Tyranitar and Dragonite Not Allowed

These pokemon have been around since the dawn of PokeMMO, and their movesets and use have been studied deeply by anyone who have either played 100s in this game or played on a battle simulator. In fact, their movesets and capabilities are so well known that people knowingly fear them. These pokemon are not metabreakers, but they do have the ability to affect the meta, similarly to a blissey or snorlax, pokemon that are not ubers, but popular for their capabilities.

If the argument is to ban them because players are not "prepared" for them, then I say allow them to be used. These pokemon are common and well known to anyone who has ever played 100s, ran a non-PokeMMO simulator, played for fun, or even just battled the elite four.

Also here's a pro-tip to those who are "not prepared" for these pokemon...

Tyranitar - Nature Adamant/Jolly

Ability     - Sandstorm

Moveset - Dragon Dance / Rock Slide / Earthquake / Taunt

Variation to the above set:

Drop DD and Taunt for Substitute and Focus Punch with a bulky build, beware of the balsy players who have Brick Break in place of Taunt. Some special sweepers ttars are out there which typically pack a combo of ice beam/thunderbolt/crunch (these are rare).

Dragonite - Nature Adamant / Jolly

Ability       - Inner Focus

Moveset - Dragon Dance / Rock Slide / Aerial Ace / Ice Beam

The most common variation is a special dnite with Boltbeam, flamethrower, and brick break. A few are out there with focus punch as well.

Official Ballot 2013:

_

|  | Tyranitar and Dragonite Allowed

_

|X| Tyranitar and Dragonite Not Allowed

for the same reason i was against changing it to nu. not enough time for players to prepare if they were not already prepared. the "tough luck they knew it was coming" argument has some legitimacy but rather error on the side or caution. 

also JJ i have a dozen 100 tytr/dnites and none by those sets though some are close

These pokemon have been around since the dawn of PokeMMO, and their movesets and use have been studied deeply by anyone who have either played 100s in this game or played on a battle simulator. In fact, their movesets and capabilities are so well known that people knowingly fear them. These pokemon are not metabreakers, but they do have the ability to affect the meta, similarly to a blissey or snorlax, pokemon that are not ubers, but popular for their capabilities.

If the argument is to ban them because players are not "prepared" for them, then I say allow them to be used. These pokemon are common and well known to anyone who has ever played 100s, ran a non-PokeMMO simulator, played for fun, or even just battled the elite four.

Also here's a pro-tip to those who are "not prepared" for these pokemon...

Tyranitar - Nature Adamant/Jolly

Ability     - Sandstorm

Moveset - Dragon Dance / Rock Slide / Earthquake / Taunt

Drop DD and Taunt for Substitute and Focus Punch with a bulky build, beware of the balsy players who have Brick Break in place of Taunt. Some special sweepers ttars are out there which typically pack a combo of ice beam/thunderbolt/crunch (these are rare).

Dragonite - Nature Adamant / Jolly

Ability       - Inner Focus

Moveset - Dragon Dance / Rock Slide / Aerial Ace / Ice Beam

The most common variation is a special dnite with Boltbeam, flamethrower, and brick break. A few are out there with focus punch as well.

Idk whether to comment on this or not, since it's a joke right? If not then this is the biggest amount of bs in the PokeMMO History and I have seen a lot so far haha. Ik the sets on those two things but this doesn't prepare me at all. When I watched 100s battles I saw many more brelooms, snorlax with strange movesets and lots of other changes. I cannot build a fully efficient team with a good synergy to counter those two beasts in less than 4 hours. Especially when I have no level 100s! 

Ops I just noticed something @ShiChan, please ban Wobbuffet it seems like you forgot to ;)

Personally I like that we have ttar and dnite but in the interests of fairness I would ban them for just this tourney considering the update was only a few hours ago I'm sure a lot of people won't be prepared. You are probably gonna get hate either way though, too much salt in this thread for a game, I just want it to be fun .-.

_

|X| Tyranitar and Dragonite Not Allowed

DO NOT think TTar or Dnite should be allowed in the team tournament today, simply because they are too big of a change in the META for us to respond to it in what? That would be about 4 hours for me.

Official Ballot 2013:

_

_

|x| Tyranitar and Dragonite Not Allowed