Team Tournament [December Edition]

Are you people fucking kidding me.

"If I don't like it, it's rash and stupid, if I do like it, woo call of the century 2013"

This thread is both hilarious and painful to read. Well, let's go over the first thing, a poll? Seriously? That's your last ditch attempt to get doubles back? Well, ignoring the fact that polls are retarded, is there any reason to believe you would stop bitching if you lost the poll?

Hell, if you guys like doubles so much, host a fucking tournament for it. Or, perhaps, play a REAL doubles meta, go on Showdown or something and play doubles/VGC. If you just want doubles because it's convenient, then get over it. If you want to play it, then there's nothing stopping you.

And, most of all, it's a fucking video game, get over it. Jesus, are you people seriously flipping out and attacking someone because of the change in format in some tournament no one in the world aside from a handful of people really gives a flying fuck about?

[spoiler]Also, imagine the bitching that would follow if Lyle happened to lose this one. "bullshit, if they didn't make it NU we would have won huehue"[/spoiler]

I don't believe this should be converted to the NU tier. After hearing the response of only a few of the participating teams a staff member made a bold, possibly rash, decision. In my opinion a poll should be posted for 1 week before any decisions are made. The NU tier is simply too new, and it lacks in interest from the overall competitive scene.

Post a poll, include 100s.

Thank you for giving feedback without insulting. I really appreciate it :).

Polls would be a very bad idea since the event is 9 days away, they are exploitable, and they will cause confusion to others. The changes for this month are final, one huge change is enough and people need to prepare.

Please keep in mind that this decision was not only based off of a few players wanting NU. When this system for the Team Tournament was introduced (3 metas) doubles was stated to be temporary until NU was more developed. Well, NU has become quite popular and we have plans to bring more light to the tier in the next few months.

Also keep in mind this change is not permanent. It is us simply trying something new. I know change isn't the most pleasant thing, but bare with me and maybe this will be fun. I will be making a post in Event Suggestions and Feedback immediately following the event, at which point we will collaboratively decide on the future of the tournament.

To those wanting 5 metas, that would be an 80-man tournament and we are not prepared for that.

EDIT:

Keep in mind I'm not trying to be some big bad guy to ruin your fun. It's simply trying something new. I'm doing what I, and others, believe would be genuinely fun. If it doesn't work out, we have next month. I apologize to those who find this unfair.

Are you people fucking kidding me.

"If I don't like it, it's rash and stupid, if I do like it, woo call of the century 2013"

This thread is both hilarious and painful to read. Well, let's go over the first thing, a poll? Seriously? That's your last ditch attempt to get doubles back? Well, ignoring the fact that polls are retarded, is there any reason to believe you would stop bitching if you lost the poll?

Hell, if you guys like doubles so much, host a fucking tournament for it. Or, perhaps, play a REAL doubles meta, go on Showdown or something and play doubles/VGC. If you just want doubles because it's convenient, then get over it. If you want to play it, then there's nothing stopping you.

And, most of all, it's a fucking video game, get over it. Jesus, are you people seriously flipping out and attacking someone because of the change in format in some tournament no one in the world aside from a handful of people really gives a flying fuck about?

[spoiler]Also, imagine the bitching that would follow if Lyle happened to lose this one. "bullshit, if they didn't make it NU we would have won huehue"[/spoiler]

Your argument is invalid and can be used against you. We dont have all the nu pokes or their complete move pool so this also would not be a real meta when compared to showdown. We have only had 2 nu tourneys, which didnt even have a full showing, while the doubles tournaments did. A poll could have shown that the participants actually wanted nu over doubles. 

Edit: If you're afraid the poll would be rigid, then post the tourney sooner, with registration. Then have a vote with the first 19 teams and ask each of their team captains if they rather play nu/doubles. 

1. Find a better way to calibrate whether it should be replaced if a poll doesn't work. 

2. You of all people should know that if something doesn't work, the staff is most likely going to fuck up and do retarded shit again. 

3. Singles is probably a bigger glitch fest than doubles given that swords dance and focus punch are used significantly  more.

4. The original post said Doubles not NU. At least Doubles had been around long enough for people to actually make teams before doubles was implemented in the team tournament. If we were given more time to prep a solid team as oppose to the shit we can breed in the next few days I wouldn't have mind. But the rash and abrupt decision to change because a few whiny fgts complained is retarded.

5. When someone is consistently making bad calls, there's no point in just pointing out that their ideas are fucken dumb, you have to point out to that person that they are fucken retarded. (multiple occurrences over the past months). No reason to beat around the bush anymore.

6. Yes you are clearly biased.

JSTUD, judging by your post you don't seem to be in a great frame of mind so I'm not going to say too much. This isn't a disagreement amongst you and I, I was just sharing my opinion. I think if you look at previous team tournaments you will also see people asking for NU, as well as in the events feedback and suggestion thread. You also are part of a very strong team. I have no doubt that you guys can't handle the small change and still do well, you just have to decide if you want to. <3

On a side note, (the rest is directed at general complaints, etc) it is true that teams should be "the best at all tiers" to an extent. That doesn't mean that when the team tournament is down to picking 3 tiers it should be okay to pick "any tier" the most appropriate ones should be chosen. I'm not using this as an argument for or against anything, just implying that just because a tier exists doesn't mean it's appropriate for a team tournament. For example NU was not appropriate for team tournaments a few months ago.

I think if the staff is going to continue doing team tournaments with 3 tiers it could be useful to draw 3 randomly out of 100s, NU, OU, UU and doubles OU (is there anyone who wants doubles UU?).This would mean that a permanent choice about tiers is not being made. And no one feels like their team is doing better or worse consistently because of the tier choices.

ShiChan's choice may have seen rash, he could have asked for more feedback but I don't think it was a "retarded decision". Sure, reps from teams could have given their vote as a post (requiring the teams to have partaken in at least 2 team tournaments previously or to have an RT thread etc) but I think his choice seems good or bad to most due to their opinions on the tier. Although I like NU I am attempting to be fairly neutral here. Please keep in mind doubles is actually one of my fave metas hahha. I enjoy watching it, and at one point I enjoyed making a team for it and playing it.

I know staff can fuck up when it comes to events, but I don't think ShiChan is being unreasonable enough to warrant being deemed "retarded". He's a staff member clearly trying to listen to feedback, maybe it wasn't done in the way you think is fair but I think it's good he is trying.

EDIT: Posting on a phone is hard, please delete my last post, thanks :)

J. You also are part of a very strong team. I have no doubt that you guys can't handle the small change and still do well, you just have to decide if you want to. 

It's not a little change. It requires a new set of comps to bred to keep up with a meta game that can't even be filled. The amount of time given to us is frustrating, seeing as breeding takes hours->days->weeks to breed one egg move comp. At least with doubles, you can use your ou pokes and uu pokes, slightly modify the evs/moveset to fit the meta. Im also sure, many teams will not be able to enter, with this recent change. Upcoming teams, begin with ou/uu's team, and with their extra resources, move into the more gimmicky events.

Edit: 100 should be chosen over nu, seeing as they can fill a bracket. It's just as much time consuming to build a 100's team as a nu team.

1. Find a better way to calibrate whether it should be replaced if a poll doesn't work. 
2. You of all people should know that if something doesn't work, the staff is most likely going to fuck up and do retarded shit again. 
3. Singles is probably a bigger glitch fest than doubles given that swords dance and focus punch are used significantly  more.
4. The original post said Doubles not NU. At least Doubles had been around long enough for people to actually make teams before doubles was implemented in the team tournament. If we were given more time to prep a solid team as oppose to the shit we can breed in the next few days I wouldn't have mind. But the rash and abrupt decision to change because a few whiny fgts complained is retarded.
5. When someone is consistently making bad calls, there's no point in just pointing out that their ideas are fucken dumb, you have to point out to that person that they are fucken retarded. (multiple occurrences over the past months). No reason to beat around the bush anymore.
6. Yes you are clearly biased.

Yes because, you and your whole team are clearly not biased.

That being said I do agree that the decision was taken too rashly. You had eight more days for registration so you could've easily waited two more days before making a change. Tbh I only see like five people complaining about NU so I wouldn't necessarly say it was a bad decision, just a bit rash.

It's not a little change. It requires a new set of comps to bred to keep up with a meta game that can't even be filled. The amount of time given to us is frustrating, seeing as breeding takes hours->days->weeks to breed one egg move comp. At least with doubles, you can use your ou pokes and uu pokes, slightly modify the evs/moveset to fit the meta. Im also sure, many teams will not be able to enter, with this recent change. Upcoming teams, begin with ou/uu's team, and with their extra resources, move into the more gimmicky events.

Edit: 100 should be chosen over nu, seeing as they can fill a bracket. It's just as much time consuming to build a 100's team as a nu team.

I thought you told me you had a full NU team except you were down to five because Hitmonchan was moved, so based on that you need one more Pokemon? If not Lyle is known for being perfect at teamwork, you can all work together to breed NUs for one team for one of you to use. 

If your prediction is the case and there is an issue getting enough teams because NU is part of the event then I am positive the staff will take that into consideration when deciding on the team tournaments in the future. I can't predict if the best choice was made or not but I don't think it hurts that much in the long run. You win some, you lose some. 

I am confident your team can pull something together if you decide to, and if you don't wish to then that is also fine. When it's all done and over with and it looks like a good amount of teams could not partake (and they have stated this in the event feedback thread) then I am sure this won't be attempted again in the near future. 

Anyway, I have confidence in you guys, you just need to decide if you want to attempt it. From a completely personal perspective I have gathered that you guys enjoy a challenge. 

I thought you told me you had a full NU team except you were down to five because Hitmonchan was moved, so based on that you need one more Pokemon? If not Lyle is known for being perfect at teamwork, you can all work together to breed NUs for one team for one of you to use. 

If your prediction is the case and there is an issue getting enough teams because NU is part of the event then I am positive the staff will take that into consideration when deciding on the team tournaments in the future. I can't predict if the best choice was made or not but I don't think it hurts that much in the long run. You win some, you lose some. 

I am confident your team can pull something together if you decide to, and if you don't wish to then that is also fine. When it's all done and over with and it looks like a good amount of teams could not partake (and they have stated this in the event feedback thread) then I am sure this won't be attempted again in the near future. 

Anyway, I have confidence in you guys, you just need to decide if you want to attempt it. From a completely personal perspective I have gathered that you guys enjoy a challenge. 

5nu pokes as a team, but those pokes arent necessarily gonna have great synergy nor be able to combat pokes purely bred for this. We should since we are a wealthy team, but not all other teams have the resources we have, and the time given is really against them. 

5nu pokes as a team, but those pokes arent necessarily gonna have great synergy nor be able to combat pokes purely bred for this. We should since we are a wealthy team, but not all other teams have the resources we have, and the time given is really against them. 

The other people who hate NU and want to partake should speak up then. That's what feedback is all about. 

As far as synergy NU is the opposite of stale atm, people have gone in with random Pokes and come out in the semis. It's really almost a free for all now, and there's lots to be discovered. I wouldn't say anyone is perfect at NU yet, so feel free to mess up a bit. In saying this I think you have a bit of time to prepare as a team, and I am wishing you good luck. 

Please remember (directed towards anyone) you can technically lose your NU matches every single time and still win the Team Tournament. You're allowed to have a weak link. 

The other people who hate NU and want to partake should speak up then. That's what feedback is all about. 

As far as synergy NU is the opposite of stale atm, people have gone in with random Pokes and come out in the semis. It's really almost a free for all now, and there's lots to be discovered. I wouldn't say anyone is perfect at NU yet, so feel free to mess up a bit. In saying this I think you have a bit of time to prepare as a team, and I am wishing you good luck. 

Please remember (directed towards anyone) you can technically lose your NU matches every single time and still win the Team Tournament. You're allowed to have a weak link. 

You havent really given a reason why nu over doubles, besides a glitch fest. But honestly, when was the last doubles you took part in. So far all my matches have gone smoothly, and havent glitch, besides the one that was resulted from the spectator bug. You are more of saying we should just accept the decision, since you can lose all the nu matches, which is a terrible argument. The decision was based on popularity, but the decision was made in a few hours of the op. Official tournaments arent being filled, and seems all of the nu players giving support are from the same team. I'm pretty sure, its only one nu player from each team.  

You havent really given a reason why nu over doubles, besides a glitch fest. But honestly, when was the last doubles you took part in. So far all my matches have gone smoothly, and havent glitch, besides the one that was resulted from the spectator bug. You are more of saying we should just accept the decision, since you can lose all the nu matches, which is a terrible argument. The decision was based on popularity, but the decision was made in a few hours of the op. Official tournaments arent being filled, and seems all of the nu players giving support are from the same team. I'm pretty sure, its only one nu player from each team.  

I'm not giving reason against doubles, because I am not against it. I am saying it's fine to change up the team tournament from time to time. If you read my posts in this thread you'll see that I advocated picking randomly from tiers for each team tournament and this included Doubles OU, OU, UU, NU and 100s at least. 

I've already said "see what happens, give appropriate feedback afterwards/the staff will notice if less teams show up as a result". I don't know why it seems as though we're arguing back and forth, especially since convincing me does not matter in the slightest. I'm just looking at things in a positive light, and I don't see trying out NU in team tournaments as all that negative. Maybe the choice could have been made after more feedback but I don't believe ShiChan's intentions were bad and he did consider the other threads (team tournaments in the past and the event feedback and suggestion thread) where people have been actively asking for NU. 

Anywho, it's not this big of a deal as far as I can tell. I won't tell people not to voice their opinion against it though, it's not as if everyone is going to agree on anything. 

I'm not giving reason against doubles, because I am not against it. I am saying it's fine to change up the team tournament from time to time. If you read my posts in this thread you'll see that I advocated picking randomly from tiers for each team tournament and this included Doubles OU, OU, UU, NU and 100s at least. 

I've already said "see what happens, give appropriate feedback afterwards/the staff will notice if less teams show up as a result". I don't know why it seems as though we're arguing back and forth, especially since convincing me does not matter in the slightest. I'm just looking at things in a positive light, and I don't see trying out NU in team tournaments as all that negative. Maybe the choice could have been made after more feedback but I don't believe ShiChan's intentions were bad and he did consider the other threads (team tournaments in the past and the event feedback and suggestion thread) where people have been actively asking for NU. 

Anywho, it's not this big of a deal as far as I can tell. I won't tell people not to voice their opinion against it though, it's not as if everyone is going to agree on anything. 

Haha yea that includes me, I have for long found NU more fun than Doubles and would personally love to see it in Team Tournament too :P

But lately I have grown happy with UU Doubles and OU Doubles so I'm a little bit on both sides on this one, but I'm sure that my team in general would prefer to have NU over having Doubles! And since we haven't had NU in the team tournaments and it's the best of the tiers I'm really happy to see it.

So yay the NU players get their wish fulfilled, let them be happy haha <3

Your argument is invalid and can be used against you. We dont have all the nu pokes or their complete move pool so this also would not be a real meta when compared to showdown. We have only had 2 nu tourneys, which didnt even have a full showing, while the doubles tournaments did. A poll could have shown that the participants actually wanted nu over doubles. 

Edit: If you're afraid the poll would be rigid, then post the tourney sooner, with registration. Then have a vote with the first 19 teams and ask each of their team captains if they rather play nu/doubles. 

I can't take your post seriously. At all. "We don't have all the NU pokes or their complete movepool so this also would not be a real meta when compared to showdown."

Are you kidding me? I said a "Real Doubles Meta" because PokeMMO doubles is disgraceful. Yes, every PokeMMO meta is disgraceful, but at least they (for the most part) work properly, excluding doubles/100's.

Also, PokeMMO UU is completely different from 3rd gen UU, same for PokeMMO NU. Even if we had everything, the metas would be completely different, so your comparison really doesn't even make sense; A complete PokeMMO doubles meta would be a lot more similar to 3rd gen doubles than a complete PokeMMO NU meta would to 3rd gen NU.

Don't say an "argument is invalid" and then immediately make a shitty analogy that is 100% inaccurate.

But seriously guys, does anyone really care? If you want to see actual, good, not shit battles, go watch a tournament on Showdown or VGC or something; "PokeMMO Team Tournament" really doesn't matter at all.

I can't take your post seriously. At all. "We don't have all the NU pokes or their complete movepool so this also would not be a real meta when compared to showdown."

Are you kidding me? I said a "Real Doubles Meta" because PokeMMO doubles is disgraceful. Yes, every PokeMMO meta is disgraceful, but at least they (for the most part) work properly, excluding doubles/100's.

Also, PokeMMO UU is completely different from 3rd gen UU, same for PokeMMO NU. Even if we had everything, the metas would be completely different, so your comparison really doesn't even make sense; A complete PokeMMO doubles meta would be a lot more similar to 3rd gen doubles than a complete PokeMMO NU meta would to 3rd gen NU.

Don't say an "argument is invalid" and then immediately make a shitty analogy that is 100% inaccurate.

But seriously guys, does anyone really care? If you want to see actual, good, not shit battles, go watch a tournament on Showdown or VGC or something; "PokeMMO Team Tournament" really doesn't matter at all.

Still not an argument. 

Hey guys, I have an idea. Let's keep arguing about it on the forums whether people want NU or Doubles in the tournament. That way when it comes tourny time LYLE doesn't have any NUs because they were to busy crying about it here.

meh. we'll just win the other two tiers

If it doesn't matter and no one cares, then why are you still arguing your case? We accept that this tournament has included NU now, but it still doesn't change the fact that altering a tier 9 days before a tournament was unfair to not only us, but also to a large contingent of teams in the competitive scene.

And ShinyChansey, I do what I can, same as you.

If it doesn't matter and no one cares, then why are you still arguing your case? We accept that this tournament has included NU now, but it still doesn't change the fact that altering a tier 9 days before a tournament was unfair to not only us, but also to a large contingent of teams in the competitive scene.

And ShinyChansey, I do what I can, same as you.

It doesn't matter and no one cares. I'm arguing my case for the same reason I always argue on the forums; hue.

It has been said before that doubles will eventually be replaced with NU, once NU was more developed. This was said way ahead of time. Just because you ignored it, didn't remember, or just didn't give a fuck doesn't mean you and everyone else wasn't warned.

Why do you show up to alot of the offical tournaments?

popcorn.gif