of letter and number combinations but takes a

while longer than Dictionary Attack.

Rainbow table attack it takes the most time

generating every combination of symbols,

numbers and letters.

Luckely there are ways to protect yourself from such

attacks. Remember that no password is 

uncrackable but you can stall the time needed

to crack it by centuries by doing the following.

Make sure that you use a combination of 

lower and upper case letters.

Add a few numbers in between the letters

to confuse the programs that are searching for

your password.

Symbols are great for adding because

they are almost undetectable.

Example: 5Ta6@y7u

(Warning: Do not use this as it is a open example.)

Also, the length of your password makes a big difference.

I recommend 8+ Characters to be used.

Following this guide your accounts will be safe and 

you will never have to worry about your account

being compromised.

For more information on how you can protect

yourselves you may message me anytime.

this isn't a problem if no one ever finds out your account name.

This is more of a problem than you would think. I have years of experience on this topic and have studied and tested many methods. And this problem occurs over 100k times a day. Security is everything on the internet.

this should probably be moved to guides, but great job making this ^_^ and having your account name and character name different would also help keep from being hacked. also i suggest 30+ characters in your password but im paranoid. 

I would prefer it stayed in general because important things in the guides section tend to get pushed to the bottom when a "How to get shiny" topic appears. And you can do the different names thing for pokemmo but its good to have maximum security rather than just a different name. And this guide can be used for varius places like gmail and facebook which as some of you may know thousands of accounts were recently compromised using the methods I listed.

This is more of a problem than you would think. I have years of experience on this topic and have studied and tested many methods. And this problem occurs over 100k times a day. Security is everything on the internet.

alright, you have fun trying to not only get my not that complicated password, but my username as well (no, it isn't just Rigamorty) with some random character generator. it would take the amount of time it takes to find the correct username multiplied by the time it would take to get the right password. it seems almost impossible to get the correct number of both. having to go through randomly generated characters to make one username, then every single possible password combination, then go on to the next random username.

so as long as you aren't retarded and actually make your login username not obvious/known, along with your password, you should be fine, and there isn't as much of a need for some convoluted password that you won't be able to remember. 

I'm not trying to be a dick and say you're wrong, password security is definitely important and all, but i'm just saying having a somewhat simple username + password is better than having a known username and a really complicated password.

alright, you have fun trying to not only get my not that complicated password, but my username as well (no, it isn't just Rigamorty) with some random character generator. it would take the amount of time it takes to find the correct username multiplied by the time it would take to get the right password. it seems almost impossible to get the correct number of both. having to go through randomly generated characters to make one username, then every single possible password combination, then go on to the next random username.

so as long as you aren't retarded and actually make your login username not obvious/known, along with your password, you should be fine, and there isn't as much of a need for some convoluted password that you won't be able to remember. 

I'm not trying to be a dick and say you're wrong, password security is definitely important and all, but i'm just saying having a somewhat simple username + password is better than having a known username and a really complicated password.

Refer to what I just said before you posted this.

this should probably be moved to guides, but great job making this ^_^ and having your account name and character name different would also help keep from being hacked. also i suggest 30+ characters in your password but im paranoid. 

This should be deleted, because honestly.......besides hexor, who cares about hacking accounts on this game? lol

why+not+both%60+_77efcab1b9d964f511f109e

because forgetting a password is more likely if it's something random as fuck and gives you a pretty decent chance at being locked out of your account.

Wow, I didn't know posting something helpful would gather so much negative feedback. If you feel you are an exception to being targeted by Hackers then don't post here. Its too easy. I'm making this because when I join a community that I want to see standing forever I try to use my knowledge to help protect it. So again I say, if you feel it is impossible and you feel that you are being taken out of a list because you feel you cannot be hacked, then don't post here because my post is here to stay and so is my message.

Wow, I didn't know posting something helpful would gather so much negative feedback. If you feel you are an exception to being targeted by Hackers then don't post here. Its too easy. I'm making this because when I join a community that I want to see standing forever I try to use my knowledge to help protect it. So again I say, if you feel it is impossible and you feel that you are being taken out of a list because you feel you cannot be hacked, then don't post here because my post is here to stay and so is my message.

dont let it get to you, everything anyone does has a few people who think it's a bad idea. filter out everything but the legit concerns and ask yourself does this change anything? and dont let them bother you.

iirc there is also a time cooldown in the client if you fail your password several times

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.