Masters Invitational Finale

5pEvv.gif

Swiss Tournaments:

These will be Swiss Tournaments. For an explanation on Swiss tournaments, refer to the to spoiler below:

[spoiler]

A Swiss tournament tends to pair opponents based on skill level and record.
For example - 
Round 1
A def B
C def D
Since A and C both won the first round, they would be paired up for the 2nd round
Round 2
B def D
C def A

The winner is then determined by the best record and number of points. An example scoring system would be below.

2 points for a win
0 points for a loss
1 point for draw

[/spoiler]

Master of Masters Brawl:

Players qualify for this tournament by winning a Masters Invitational Tournament.

Players who qualify are to private message the host stating their IGN.

Reserve spots are given to 2nd and 3rd place winners of each tier. If the winner of a tier does not show, their reserve will fill the spot. If that reserve is not available, the next reserve will fill the spot.

Registrations will be taken until specified in the thread.

Details:

6v6 singles (OU)

Level 50

3 man 

Swiss tournament

3 rounds total 

Prizes:

1st Place: Normal Pokemon of Players choice turned Shiny + “Master of Masters” Signature
2nd Place: Shiny from High Tier Prize Pool (Listed below)
3rd Place: Shiny from Low Tier Prize Pool (Listed below)

High Tier Prize Pool:
- Shiny Skarmory 
- Shiny Scyther
- Shiny Squirtle

Low Tier Prize Pool:
- Shiny Staryu
- Shiny Koffing
- Shiny Heracross

Masters Invitational Series Finale Tournaments:
The tournaments will last over three separate days.
They will occur on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The time will try to accommodate each player with their timezone.
The date will try to accommodate the celebration of Christmas and New Years.

Method:

Players are to send a private message via forums to the host stating their IGN.

This includes both players with Masters Invitations and Masters Reserve Tickets.

If you are a forum banned user, you may send the host a private message via TeamSpeak 3.

Registration is open as of the thread's post.

Registrations will be taken until specified in the thread.

Explanation:

The levels of registration are as follows:
1. Master’s Invites
2. Reserve Tickets

Example:

The winner of FNF March does not show, the 2nd Place for FNF March gets in. If neither show, the next Reserve Ticket (April in this case) takes the FNF March spot.

1st Place - FNF March: AlbelIV | Doesn't show
2nd Place - FNF March: Unreal | Doesn't show
1st Place - FNF April: Nlceguy | Shows; gets in as usual
2nd Place - FNF April: yWreck | Shows; takes the place of FNF March

Friday
Date
Time
Singles (OU
)

Level 50

12 man bracket
Hosted by: ShinyChansey

Saturday

Date

Time

Doubles (OU)

Level 50

12 man bracket

Hosted by: XelaKebert

Sunday

Date

Time

Singles (OU)

Level 100

12 man bracket

Hosted by: Jindu

In the event that this will sprawl into three separate weekends and/or it will occur in January, the format will stay the same.

Prizes:
1st Place: 1000 RP + Signature saying “Master of <Tier>” + Invite to Master of Masters Event
2nd Place: 500 RP + Reserve for Master of Masters Event

3rd Place: Reserve for Master of Masters Event

_________________________________________________________________________________

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I get some more info on this Masters of master's.

It says Swiss 50s. That's fine.

But for the Master 100s, since winning my masters I have reworked my team and with the introduction of flat battles, given that the meta in rankings is really 100s (since ttar and dragonite are allowed), my team consists of 50s and 50+s. For the masters 100 tournament I have to level my 50 comps to 100 which is understandable. But my concern is that since I have to level up these 50s on my team, will the Master of Masters then be scaled to 50s so that if I or someone else from that tournament wins, we can use those 100s in the master of masters tournament and not be at that disadvantage and have to obtain new ones?

Also, will ttar and dnite be allowed for the masters of masters? My bias is yes given that the new meta includes both given flat battles.

Can I get some more info on this Masters of master's.

It says Swiss 50s. That's fine.

But for the Master 100s, since winning my masters I have reworked my team and with the introduction of flat battles, given that the meta in rankings is really 100s (since ttar and dragonite are allowed), my team consists of 50s and 50+s. For the masters 100 tournament I have to level my 50 comps to 100 which is understandable. But my concern is that since I have to level up these 50s on my team, will the Master of Masters then be scaled to 50s so that if I or someone else from that tournament wins, we can use those 100s in the master of masters tournament and not be at that disadvantage and have to obtain new ones?

Also, will ttar and dnite be allowed for the masters of masters? My bias is yes given that the new meta includes both given flat battles.

The Master of Masters event will be a standard Tournament Mode Swiss tournament.

Tyranitar and Dragonite will be allowed.

1. will this tourney be live streamed?
  2. are people allowed to allow other people to play on their behalf?
  3. is the barrage-amanu account thing still allowed to be done?

1. Not by staff at this stage, unless we inform you otherwise.
  2. No. Disqualification and penalties will apply.
  3. Question is not clear. Assuming you mean something like account sharing, no that is not allowed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.