[Implemented] Crit Mechanics gen VI

I dont disagree with this suggestion, nor do i really care all that much about it either. Crits are annoying sure, but in most cases i would say they arnt common enough for me personally to really care about. With that being said the actual impact of the crits when they do happen can devastate a player. Also there are those times when the amount of crits that may happen in a match or during a torny is ridiculous. IE Frags vs Bowser Masters of Masters round 2. ThinkNice was also hitting the crits at an outstanding rate throughout one of the masters tornys. Those two examples imo are exceptions to the rule, not the rule itself but are great examples on how crits can be ridiculous.

I think i would lean more towards supporting this idea than disagreeing with it, but overall it doesnt matter to me. 

I dont disagree with this suggestion, nor do i really care all that much about it either. Crits are annoying sure, but in most cases i would say they arnt common enough for me personally to really care about. With that being said the actual impact of the crits when they do happen can devastate a player. Also there are those times when the amount of crits that may happen in a match or during a torny is ridiculous. IE Frags vs Bowser Masters of Masters round 2. ThinkNice was also hitting the crits at an outstanding rate throughout one of the masters tornys. Those two examples imo are exceptions to the rule, not the rule itself but are great examples on how crits can be ridiculous.

I think i would lean more towards supporting this idea than disagreeing with it, but overall it doesnt matter to me. 

^ That masters brawl was simply a crit fest lol. Not making any comments regarding it now since it's all over, but yeah I do agree that tempering with the crits mechanics slightly might benefit the metagame overall, especially considering double elimination has long faded after the rise of 6v6, meaning a poor rng game can very well stop you right from advancing. Potential consequences might be making wall teams even more powerful, considering "hax" often benefit the side that is taking an action, which is usually the offensive side (USUALLY)

^ That masters brawl was simply a crit fest lol. Not making any comments regarding it now since it's all over, but yeah I do agree that tempering with the crits mechanics slightly might benefit the metagame overall, especially considering double elimination has long faded after the rise of 6v6, meaning a poor rng game can very well stop you right from advancing. Potential consequences might be making wall teams even more powerful, considering "hax" often benefit the side that is taking an action, which is usually the offensive side (USUALLY)

Nothing worse than a vapo surf crit on your machamp tho.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 Xatu Psychic vs. Flareon: 79-93 (50.6 - 59.6%) -- 83.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

mechanics now:

+1 Xatu Psychic vs. Flareon on a critical hit: 158-186 (101.2 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

mechanics gen6:

+1 252 SpA Xatu Psychic vs. 124 HP / 104 SpD Flareon on a critical hit: 118-139 (75.6 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Would've been nice if another potential good match wouldn't have been ruined by one move.

[spoiler]Flareon Shadow Ball vs. Xatu: 136-160 (96.4 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO[/spoiler]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...