[Denied]Legendary/Mewtwo Chat Type

Rache

System messages are beyond useful for various things, including but not limited to knowing how many steps until the Vs Seeker will function again (speaking of which, that's a pretty silly mechanic), but since the implementation of Mewtwo they have become an annoyance. Every time Mewtwo passes from one person to another - something that happens very frequently - it results in a 4 line long system message.

lU4kzYL.png

The problem with lumping the Mewtwo messages with the actual system messages is that most players will seek Mewtwo only once for the dex entry, or simply not care about it at all. These players have 2 choices - to turn off system messages altogether or be frequently spammed with this long message.

What I suggest is to make the Mewtwo messages their own chat type. While Mewtwo can be a fun little hunt, it is something that only a small percentage of players actively participate in more than once, and is therefore something that only a small percentage of players care about for more than a few minutes.

mMUx3bH.png

By adding another chat type to the list, it can save a lot of players a lot of annoyance. The Mewtwo/Legendary chat type would be on by default to make new players aware of the legendary mechanics, but would be possible to turn off without having to turn off the ever-useful system messages at the same time.

-------------------------------------

Pros: Allows the player to filter out unwanted Mewtwo-related spam without losing the convenience of the other system messages.

Cons: I honestly can't think of any. If you have it turned off and miss out on a Mewtwo hunt, that's your fault as you turned it off because you obviously don't want to deal with it.

Discuss.

To inform new players about such thing existing I can see why the Mewtwo announcement is there but I agree with seeing it enough I definitely feel like I want to uncheck the System announcement button not to see that again. And that could make me miss something that's really important so +1 for this for sure.

+100 for this idea, when i host a tourney, looking for the winner of X match, always the info of "some player just defeat another player and get the mewtwo blablabla", its innecesary,

you can always unmark system msges to avoid that. On the other hand, with the consideration of mewtwo's owner can change channels or a group that went to hunt down the mewtwo can bring mewtwo to other places (i remember seeing it on island 6) for example, when the event first came up GMs and CM's were announcing the location of mewtwo... but now that the event has lost its spark a command that can show the current location of the legendary you seek is a good idea, not only for mewtwo but also for the upcoming new legendary implementations as for it will be hard for staff to keep track of every legendary in the future.
As for an example ; 
/Legendary - Current legendaries : Mewtwo : in the wild, Zapdos : vermilion channel 4 / Moltres : Pokemon League channel 8 / Articuno : in the wild etc. etc.
100% support this idea it would provide less effort on both staff and members to keep track on legendaries while reducing possible system announcement spam and allow players who are interesting in those events not the spam chat aspects for the location of legendaries but to know where to find legendaries