A New & Easy Money Method (Can be Time Consuming)

Charsky

A New & Easy Money Method

So I've thought of a new way on how to make money, and it's actually turning
out pretty well. (Apologies if you've already thought of this)

So, here's how the method goes :

Requirements :
-Access to the Safari Zone

Step 1 : Head to the Safari Zone in Fuchsia City.

Step 2 : Head to Area 2.

Step 3 : Search for the Pokemon 'Paras'. (The Method works best when already doing something, for example,
hunting for Chanseys)

Step 4 : Throw a rock, then throw a Safari Ball. (This has worked best as I find the Paras's don't seem to flee much)

Step 5 : Check if the Paras is holding either a Little or Big Mushroom. (Tiny Mushroom is 50% and Big Mushroom is 
5%)

Step 6 : Sell the Mushrooms. Big Mushrooms sell for $1,000 per, and Tiny Mushrooms sell for $500 

Rinse and Repeat those steps ^

My Thoughts on this Method

I've found it best to keep catching Paras's until you either run out of Safari Balls or the time runs out
at least then, you end up with 10-15 Paras's per run.

Yes, this method can be quite tedious, but it's best doing this method when already putting
the Safari Zone to good use. (Chansey Hunting)

And weirdly enough, I've had some extraordinary luck with the Mushrooms.
I've found 2 Little Mushrooms, and found around 7-8 Big Mushrooms
(Only been doing this for about 30-40 Minutes)

So, Let me know what you think about this method, I'd appreciate constructive criticism, but
fire away!

-Charsky

Not a terrible idea, I'm curious if its actually faster than paydaying wild pokemon in Cerulean Cave. I doubt it b/c every encounter nets you ~500 there, and with your method only a small number of encounters will give you money (and you have to pay to use the SZ)

Not a terrible idea, I'm curious if its actually faster than paydaying wild pokemon in Cerulean Cave. I doubt it b/c every encounter nets you ~500 there, and with your method only a small number of encounters will give you money (and you have to pay to use the SZ)

I Suppose you're right about having to pay $500 for every SZ use.

However, If your able to net 10-15 Paras's each run, the probability 
of getting at least 1 Small Mushroom would be high, and for some reason it seems
sooo much easier getting Big Mushrooms, when it says the rate is only 5%

I Suppose you're right about having to pay $500 for every SZ use.

However, If your able to net 10-15 Paras's each run, the probability 
of getting at least 1 Small Mushroom would be high, and for some reason it seems
sooo much easier getting Big Mushrooms, when it says the rate is only 5%

That's true, however each trip is worth say 1500 - thats a lot of pokemon encounters for 1500, and you had to pay 500 for the privilege.  In Cerulean cave, or on the later islands, for each of those encounters I can get 400-500 without paying a red cent.

That's true, however each trip is worth say 1500 - thats a lot of pokemon encounters for 1500, and you had to pay 500 for the privilege.  In Cerulean cave, or on the later islands, for each of those encounters I can get 400-500 without paying a red cent.

I guess this method would be more worthy to someone who's not yet reached further islands
and Cerulean cave :) 

I rather just take a false swipe pokemon to mt.moon, preferably a smeargle. Use trick to see if paras is holding something and catch it. one small mushroom lets me buy about 2 pokeballs. one big mushroom gets me 5. I also find the big mushrooms more frequent. It may seem like a small profit but I been doing this for a while and now I have a set of 99 pokeballs. Plus I would hate to have to enter and leave the safari zone over and over again.. plus parasect is not the only pokemon found in the safari.. so i rather stick to my method which has a 100% chance of finding a paras.

selling the mushrooms to other players is probably more profitable

Your right to some extent, if you think about it, not many people have a lot of use for Mushrooms.
(Unless wanting to re-learn a forgotten move)

Because this method is pretty much unnoticed, this gives people another
reason not to buy Mushrooms.

I rather just take a false swipe pokemon to mt.moon, preferably a smeargle. Use trick to see if paras is holding something and catch it. one small mushroom lets me buy about 2 pokeballs. one big mushroom gets me 5. I also find the big mushrooms more frequent. It may seem like a small profit but I been doing this for a while and now I have a set of 99 pokeballs. Plus I would hate to have to enter and leave the safari zone over and over again.. plus parasect is not the only pokemon found in the safari.. so i rather stick to my method which has a 100% chance of finding a paras.

I Guess, but 1, You'd have to keep buying Poke balls, 2, You'd have to enter and re-enter 
Mt moon, every time your Pokemon that knows 'Trick' runs out of PP.

I Guess, but 1, You'd have to keep buying Poke balls, 2, You'd have to enter and re-enter 
Mt moon, every time your Pokemon that knows 'Trick' runs out of PP.

Well I do have a set of 99 pokeballs and I can easily teach trick, false swipe, spore and milkdrink to my many smeargles. So far I use 3 smeargles for the paras hunt. It just gets boring after a while.. but in the end its just whichever method people would prefer or find easier to do. I like my method.. except its annoying with the status effects.

It doesn't sound like a bad idea but I make 410-500 ish per pay day swipe on island 6. You can get more per swipe in the cerulean cave, but island 6 is a bit more convenient. I'm not trying to shoot you down, i'm just making a statement here.

What part of 6 island? Im doing cerulean cave but i want to triying different things

Well I do have a set of 99 pokeballs and I can easily teach trick, false swipe, spore and milkdrink to my many smeargles. So far I use 3 smeargles for the paras hunt. It just gets boring after a while.. but in the end its just whichever method people would prefer or find easier to do. I like my method.. except its annoying with the status effects.

where u get milkdrink? Miltank is only pokemon that can know it, and it NYI.

I guess this method would be more worthy to someone who's not yet reached further islands
and Cerulean cave :)

The thing is, it doesn't take more than 5 hours (maybe more since trainers now...yeah) to clear the main and postgame..., it's a good option though, just not as efficient as trade chat or paydaying in isle6/cerulean cave

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.