[Translation] Dialog-Translation Multilanguage

english:

So if a npc want to trade a pokemon he say´s ill give u namecall_a for bla bla, same thing when i pick up items or an npc talks about items.

german:

Wenn ein Computer (NPC) ein Pokemon tauschen möchte steht im Text z.B ich bin auf der Suche nach "Namecall_a" und so ähnliche Dinge. Das gleiche passiert wenn ich ein Item aufhebe dann steht da "Namecall_A" gefunden. Die Buchstaben am Ende sind manchmal unterschiedlich, manchmal ist ein A am Ende manchmal aber auch ein C oder ein anderer Buchstabe. Das macht es schwer herauszufinden welches Pokemon gesucht wird oder welches Item ich geschenkt bekomme wenn ich so und so viele Pokemon gefangen habe. Wäre nett wenn mir jemand sagen könnte wie ich das gelöst bekomme (Wenn das nur bei mir so ist) oder wenn man das fixxen könnte :)

This is why i like german language, what you can put in one line in english, you must put 5 lines in german.

Anyways i think the script and the variables is not done yet, so some thing is missed.

2. There are some "Namecalls" like the Rivalname, the Playername and some other calls. They are either named "Rival", "Player" or "_Namecall_". This is the 1% not done on my script yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for double post but:

Got my programm done now. Can get all the data out of every rom now without bigger problems. 

Now comes the downside. Somehow the game doesn't recognize other strings beside the dialogs. Even so the development of pokemmo stated the stringfile to be able too. So gonna keep an eye on it and try this and that the next few days.

Wish me luck cause if this works we might get close to a 100% multi-language Pokemmo.

• 1 month later...

Edited a VERY IMPORTANT NOTE! into the first posting of this thread. A User thought it would be cool to use my work and say HE would have translated Pokemmo for about 98% or something like that without even mention my work on it.

Verdep if you read this I don't talk about you. You asked me and you're giving me credits for the strings. So everything is fine. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I'm working on the Namecalls. I found 3 Namecalls, so there are just 3 more Namecalls I need to figure out. As soon as I'm done with it I'll release the next Version.

Status on the 6 Namecalls:

1. Player = Not working

2. Rival = Not working

3. Pokemonnames = Working

4. Item & TM/VM Names = Working

5. Numbers = Working

6. Not figured out yet.

If I atleast figure out the 6th Namecall I'll maybe make a new release.

EDIT:

K just went to a spot where the 6th Namecall would pop up (1 of 2 spots) and there is nothing because.... You start with the boots so the Assistant of Prof Oak won't give them to you (missing string). The 2nd spot for the namecall to pop up is the Link Station for Trades and Battles between friends. So again nothing to see there. 

So in short: I'll work on the new release now.

Update 7th April 2014

Patchnotes 7th April 2014

German Strings: Works now with 3 of 5 used Namecalls.

Frensh Strings: Got reworked with the new Translation Table (Bug fix) and works now with 3 of 5 used Namecalls.

English Strings: New language Support! Works with 3 of 5 used Namecalls. 

Spanish will be updated in the next few days. Spend the last 4 hours on frensh and need a break for now.

• 1 month later...

Update 7th April 2014

Spanish will be updated in the next few days. Spend the last 4 hours on frensh and need a break for now.

Hi! Can you give me your program. I want to extract russian dialogs. Thanks  ^_^

Sorry for no Updates since my last Update. Had a lot of stuff to do IRL and I'm not at home until Saturday.

@Zzoom

I could but you would have still to do a lot of work with the dialogs. I'll try to get some free time next week so I can keep going with the Translations. I'll try to get some more Versions then too.

To explain for you why it would end up in probably a lot of work for you using my tool:

My tool doesn't pick out the specific areas like "dialogs", "attacks" etc by itself. I need to extract them manually first and to set up the Offset so my Tool can finish up the "biggest" job by replacing everything, using the translation-table on it, deleting every unnecessary line etc.

Reason why I need to pick out all the areas manually is that every version uses a different offset (within a certain range yeah, but still a complete different offset) for each area because the data is sometimes a bit larger and sometimes a bit smaller like a sentence in different languages.

But I'll try to get your request done as soon as possible. ^^

Best regards,

Vahritos / Jyntax

Sorry for no Updates since my last Update. Had a lot of stuff to do IRL and I'm not at home until Saturday.

@Zzoom
I could but you would have still to do a lot of work with the dialogs. I'll try to get some free time next week so I can keep going with the Translations. I'll try to get some more Versions then too.

To explain for you why it would end up in probably a lot of work for you using my tool:
My tool doesn't pick out the specific areas like "dialogs", "attacks" etc by itself. I need to extract them manually first and to set up the Offset so my Tool can finish up the "biggest" job by replacing everything, using the translation-table on it, deleting every unnecessary line etc.

Reason why I need to pick out all the areas manually is that every version uses a different offset (within a certain range yeah, but still a complete different offset) for each area because the data is sometimes a bit larger and sometimes a bit smaller like a sentence in different languages.

But I'll try to get your request done as soon as possible. ^^

Best regards,
Vahritos / Jyntax

Thank you. I translate your
English dialogue into
Russian. It is very easy and
fast. Thank you very much! :)
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello,

first of all great work! 

is this project still in development? i wrote a small translater gui for client translations so everyone can easily translate into their own language (only private access until its secure)

if you want to cooperate leave me a message or answer to this post 

greetings

• 1 month later...

Someone know what is the "{}" which contain the rival's name?

{Control_01}=player name

If someone know please, give us the variable for doing better our experience on pokemmo.

I am editing the spanish traslation and only need that variable for finnish them.

Vahritos, the spannish traslations is wrong, its the same that french xD, but i have the frist version that you upload.

Edited by germich3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/7/2016 at 5:45 AM, RikaTay said:

Would it be possible to request a japanese translate? I tried using the japanese rom but pokemmo won't recognize it.

We do not have fonts for Japanese in the client. A translation would not render.